Melting Glazing on Metis Hobo

Quick update: I brought the bag in and they're going to repair it for free. The manager said they'll remove the old glazing and reglaze the whole bag. Supposedly they've improved the formula for the glazing.

Wonderful news! It's good to hear that if this happens to our precious Metis Hobos that they'll repair them at no charge. It's my favorite bag and I really wouldn't want a replacement since it's discontinued!

Wonderful news! It's good to hear that if this happens to our precious Metis Hobos that they'll repair them at no charge. It's my favorite bag and I really wouldn't want a replacement since it's discontinued!

I was trying to figure out what I would replace it with and I really couldn't think of one I'd love as much as the Metis. I thought I'd get an artsy if they said it couldn't be fixed, but I would have missed my Metis so much.

I was trying to figure out what I would replace it with and I really couldn't think of one I'd love as much as the Metis. I thought I'd get an artsy if they said it couldn't be fixed, but I would have missed my Metis so much.

I have Artsy and IMO it is not a replacement in any way for Metis! Artsy is beautiful but not comfy like Metis. I went in and tried on the Melie and that's the only one I'd consider replacing my Metis with! I think they did a good job making another comfy mono hobo with that one.

I have Artsy and IMO it is not a replacement in any way for Metis! Artsy is beautiful but not comfy like Metis. I went in and tried on the Melie and that's the only one I'd consider replacing my Metis with! I think they did a good job making another comfy mono hobo with that one.

I agree. I'll never sell my Metis Hobo. That said, I may re-buy the artsy so I can look at it on the shelf. Ha ha!

+1 don't think I can ever let go of Metis and Melie

I'm really hoping they can fix my Metis. But I'm pretty worried they won't be able to..especially this part View attachment 3351704

I think they will. It seems like an easy fix. My pm was melted all throughout the bottom and had fabric from the dustbag embedded into the glazing. It must have been bad because it took over 8 weeks. It's finally ready for pick up. Hope it looks good. If they can fix mine, I'm sure they can fix yours ;)

I agree. I'll never sell my Metis Hobo. That said, I may re-buy the artsy so I can look at it on the shelf. Ha ha!
Haha ~ that is EXACTLY how I feel about Artsy!! (Although I will not let myself re-purchase… as I have owned it more than once).:giggles: I wanted to make it work so badly but it just did not suit my frame. Glad you found LoVe with your Metis!

I think they will. It seems like an easy fix. My pm was melted all throughout the bottom and had fabric from the dustbag embedded into the glazing. It must have been bad because it took over 8 weeks. It's finally ready for pick up. Hope it looks good. If they can fix mine, I'm sure they can fix yours ;)

Yay! I'm glad they were able to fix yours. I hope it looks like new again. You've given me hope. [emoji4]

They didn't ask for my receipt. The manager knows me at the LV I go to. She just looked it up in their system for me. I'm glad they did it for free too. :smile:
Hi, thank you for the reply��.i checked mine last night after reading your post and im so sad to hear that i did noticed some early signs of melting now im so afraid they might get worst anytime soon,i'm in Asia where it is so hot right now because we are in the middle of summer.My problem is i bought mine preowned without the receipt.that does mean i might be charged for the repairs��