Melting Glazing on Metis Hobo

Thats my problem with the Pochette Metis. I've been lusting that bag for so long and when I called LV they said a lot are on waiting list. Then when I came to the store, there she is and even more, Made in France. But I didnt get her because when I checked the bag, the glazing was too matte. That's very different to the glazing I had with my speedy who's been with me ever since and haven't had any glazing/peeling/cracking issue. I heard horror stories about the glazing issue on the PM and thought maybe it's because of the matte glazing on the canvas itself and not on the vachetta like in the speedy. I talked to LV and they said it's different - glazing on the speedy and PM. I just don't want to go through the same hassle of reglazing over and over if that's really a design flaw. But I hope they already resolved the problem.

Quick update: I brought the bag in and they're going to repair it for free. The manager said they'll remove the old glazing and reglaze the whole bag. Supposedly they've improved the formula for the glazing.

Good for you! :smile: Hope you get it back soon. :smile:

My Métis was probably one of the last batches made before LV discontinued this hobo. They must've used the new formula since the glazing is perfect. No problems even with frequent use.

Hi all...just wanted to see if anyone has had issues with the glazing melting on multiple locations on their Metis hobo. I've had mine since 2013, but not used very often. Whenever I don't use it, I store it in my closet in its dustbag. I brought it out today to use and saw these...View attachment 3347267View attachment 3347268View attachment 3347269

I'm so bummed and worried that LV will make me pay for the repairs. :sad:

I just checked my Metis Hobo and so far so good. For those that said they may be able to replace if not repair, this bag is no longer sold. Can they in fact replace a bag that's no longer in circulation? Best of luck to you and keep us all posted!

Thats my problem with the Pochette Metis. I've been lusting that bag for so long and when I called LV they said a lot are on waiting list. Then when I came to the store, there she is and even more, Made in France. But I didnt get her because when I checked the bag, the glazing was too matte. That's very different to the glazing I had with my speedy who's been with me ever since and haven't had any glazing/peeling/cracking issue. I heard horror stories about the glazing issue on the PM and thought maybe it's because of the matte glazing on the canvas itself and not on the vachetta like in the speedy. I talked to LV and they said it's different - glazing on the speedy and PM. I just don't want to go through the same hassle of reglazing over and over if that's really a design flaw. But I hope they already resolved the problem.

I'm really worried it'll happen again, but only time will tell I guess. I'm just hoping for the best :smile:

Good for you! :smile: Hope you get it back soon. :smile:

My Métis was probably one of the last batches made before LV discontinued this hobo. They must've used the new formula since the glazing is perfect. No problems even with frequent use.

That's awesome that you haven't had issues. I had mine for three years without any issues too so when I saw this, I was really shocked. I'm hoping the new formula has improved. [emoji120]🏻[emoji120]🏻