LV QUALITY CONTROL --- WHAT IS GOING ON??

You can watch the making of an Alma in Vernis leather and the making of a NF in the video linked below (skip to 00:19:00). The manufacturing process is definitely high-tech. The canvas and leather are cut with incredibly sophisticated machines and each bag is assembled by a small team of employees. Keep in mind that Louis Vuitton sells around 20 million items each year. Somewhere else in the video you can also watch the making of exotic bags and trunks, which is, of course, much closer to the traditional roots of the company.

So interesting. I can't understand what they were saying but it's amazing nonetheless to watch.

Reactions: fabuleux
Funny you say this. I was at Zara yesterday and I asked an employee about a size and he gave me (what I call) the Superstar Attitude™️. That’s unfortunately very common in retail. But I won’t let this ruin my day whether I am at Zara or Cartier!

How to deal with people with attitude 101

tumblr_ml02dkJGmR1qjpg9fo1_400.gif

You can watch the making of an Alma in Vernis leather and the making of a NF in the video linked below (skip to 00:19:00). The manufacturing process is definitely high-tech. The canvas and leather are cut with incredibly sophisticated machines and each bag is assembled by a small team of employees. Keep in mind that Louis Vuitton sells around 20 million items each year. Somewhere else in the video you can also watch the making of exotic bags and trunks, which is, of course, much closer to the traditional roots of the company.

Ah, very cool. Thank you for sharing. I figured this was what the production of the common bags would be like. I had a hard time believing there was some person sitting there with a paper pattern tracing and manually cutting out the fabric by hand haha. My mom worked as a seamstress for years and I learned how to sew at a very young age so it's always cool to see how these things are done in a larger production setting.

I think when a family based business gets in the hands of outsiders who end up with power and control over the business, that's when things start to go astray as greed becomes the focal point. Apparently their qualities began having issues from decades ago so..

Reactions: bagidiotic
Ah, very cool. Thank you for sharing. I figured this was what the production of the common bags would be like. I had a hard time believing there was some person sitting there with a paper pattern tracing and manually cutting out the fabric by hand haha. My mom worked as a seamstress for years and I learned how to sew at a very young age so it's always cool to see how these things are done in a larger production setting.
LV was forced to take down an ad in the UK for implying so and misleading customers years ago ;)

The usual culprit, PM but reverse. Glazing was chipping off where the strap ring hits it. Canvas splitting from a stitch on the flap joint. All after 2 months of use. Some Iffy stitching and glazing splotches on the canvas too. It was Made in France. I think that bag was made on Friday and the quality controller was off sick :smile: . LV did sort it out in the end, so I was a happy bunny. It's not put me off.

Yeah I had to send back the first reverse monogram PM I got too-- it was made in USA. The clasp on the front was mounted crooked so the whole top flap was crooked when it was closed. I sent it back and they sent me another one. The second one is great and I use it a lot. Love that bag!

Reactions: Missydora
Don't get me started with SA saying item is hand made! :P
That seems to be the standard reply I get whenever I ask an LV SA about any defect or irregularity in a bag. Flame if you must, but it irritates me to hear this. I would prefer that an SA shrug and say “I am sorry that’s just the way they make them”, rather than imply that a defect is a sign of a hand made bag.

Well, I have one "handmade" leather purse from an artist who took the time to hand stitch every stitch, even though the larger areas were probably hand stitched by a sewing machine. It has brass hardware and a beautiful brass zipper with a leather interior. Totally very casual satchel bag in a died purple leather that is pillow soft. I paid a whopping $150 for it. I paid ten times that amount for a few of my other bags, including LV, and the bottom line for me i that I know I paid for the logo and canvas, handmade or not. It is all in what is important to you today and how you think you will feel when you carry your beautiful bag.

That seems to be the standard reply I get whenever I ask an LV SA about any defect or irregularity in a bag. Flame if you must, but it irritates me to hear this. I would prefer that an SA shrug and say “I am sorry that’s just the way they make them”, rather than imply that a defect is a sign of a hand made bag.

It has happen to me too, but sometime I just want a honest answer that these are not exactly hand made.

I could not find any thread in this regard ,but I have heard of the deteriorating quality of LV bags .I would like to know what issue you have/had ,which bag ,and where it's made .Maybe we can be aware of when we get that particular bag .Also how long after using the fault was noticed .
My awful experience: