LV QUALITY CONTROL --- WHAT IS GOING ON??

When such defects are seen it makes me wonder ,if at all most of the bags are done by hand instead of machine .If it was machine made I doubt whether we would have these many irregularities .

That would be incorrect. They aren't mostly made by hand, and machine production still requires a high degree of quality control.

Reactions: BleuSaphir
It is commission period. Not sure where you are as my SA and manager have been there that long as well. This a change that has taken place in the last few years. Believe me I buy enough to know what my SA makes off me. . .
I know this to be true as well. I have pulled back a great deal from buying in-store and all of a sudden the birthday wishes, etc. have stopped. So our relationship, ie. the commission earned from my purchases, is the only reason for the friendship. Sad really.

That would be incorrect. They aren't mostly made by hand, and machine production still requires a high degree of quality control.
I was always told by the SA's that the bags are handmade and the only machines they use are the sewing machines. I don't know how true that is or to what extent though. I would guess that the cutting of the leather and canvas is machine cut with some kind of stencil (to maintain consistent sizing) but the assembly is hand done?

I know this to be true as well. I have pulled back a great deal from buying in-store and all of a sudden the birthday wishes, etc. have stopped. So our relationship, ie. the commission earned from my purchases, is the only reason for the friendship. Sad really.
wow, that was cold!

wondering how much percentage the commission is?

I need help. Anyone can be kind enough to tell me if this pallas clutch looks black or navy blue. Its been ordered as navy blue but I honestly think its black. If it's black they've sent the wrong strap as it should be brown. If it's blue the vachetta strap is the right one but wrong coloured bag . :hrmm: the first picture is what was ordered clearly looks blue. View attachment 3889110 View attachment 3889111 View attachment 3889112

It's blue in all three pictures. Maybe your photos didn't turn out as bright as the one on the website, but the bag is definitely not black. :amuse:

Reactions: Missydora
I was always told by the SA's that the bags are handmade and the only machines they use are the sewing machines. I don't know how true that is or to what extent though. I would guess that the cutting of the leather and canvas is machine cut with some kind of stencil (to maintain consistent sizing) but the assembly is hand done?
You can watch the making of an Alma in Vernis leather and the making of a NF in the video linked below (skip to 00:19:00). The manufacturing process is definitely high-tech. The canvas and leather are cut with incredibly sophisticated machines and each bag is assembled by a small team of employees. Keep in mind that Louis Vuitton sells around 20 million items each year. Somewhere else in the video you can also watch the making of exotic bags and trunks, which is, of course, much closer to the traditional roots of the company.

Very low. It means more for the SA to make their numbers than getting the commission. It’s honestly not that much.
I don't have a store in my state but I hear women complaining all the time about how rudely they were treated or how they were completely ignored in the stores. When I worked commission, my associates were like a bunch of vultures, trying to attack the customer before someone else could. I've heard that LV has changed to commission over the last few years so it really doesn't make sense that they'd act like jerks to their potential buyers!

I don't have a store in my state but I hear women complaining all the time about how rudely they were treated or how they were completely ignored in the stores. When I worked commission, my associates were like a bunch of vultures, trying to attack the customer before someone else could. I've heard that LV has changed to commission over the last few years so it really doesn't make sense that they'd act like jerks to their potential buyers!

I'm going to be honest here in saying that their commission is very low compares to other luxury brands so for those who think "The SAs are making money off of my purchase so they HAVE to suck up to me" like think again, maybe you need a reality check. LV is a very special brand that because of its popularity, unfortunately, it also attracts all kind of crazy people inside its store. Some people come in, spending a thousand bucks on a Speedy, thinking they're the sh*t and order SAs around with an attitude. It wears you out and at a certain time of day or after a certain interaction, even the nicest SA would have a hard time cracking a smile.

Having said that there are also many snobby SAs who are just plain rude that I've come across. I'd just ignore them and get on with my day, make a purchase elsewhere like it's not a big deal. I've dealt with snobby people everywhere, in restaurants, in H&M, in Chanel, in Hermès. It's not a LV problem. It's just people in general. If I wasn't happy with the service I'd just take my business elsewhere.

I've dealt with snobby people everywhere, in restaurants, in H&M, in Chanel, in Hermès. It's not a LV problem. It's just people in general. If I wasn't happy with the service I'd just take my business elsewhere.
Funny you say this. I was at Zara yesterday and I asked an employee about a size and he gave me (what I call) the Superstar Attitude™️. That’s unfortunately very common in retail. But I won’t let this ruin my day whether I am at Zara or Cartier!