Look ma i can fly-i got wings!!! Sending this maxi baby back!!!

:roflmfao: I know, right? I thought that pic was so interesting too.

But you know what? If you look carefully, the jumbo on the girl with her pooch is showing slight sign of a "wing" on the left side, although it definitely looks better than the maxi.:wtf:

I saw that too but just kept my mouth shut- I do not think most stars know to even doubt the quality and they do not know what problems to look for- if it were not for the TPF I would be in the dark too - walking around with a Butt Ugly Bag all slouchy and Proud of myself for carrying a Chanel!!!:P

Last edited:
Wai, how about getting a vintage XL jumbo? I know it's a bit frustrating having to search for it and all. But they obviously hold their shapes much better than current maxi. I think I'm gonna stalk eBay and look for one myself.

that's actually a good idea.. i think i might do that.. but arent they really really rare? u know at the trunk show.. the caviars are even worst than the lamb... btw.. do u know if the fushia caviar jumbo is also slouchy? i was thinking if i wanted that.. hum.. me and my red obsession

I just returned the Red Maxi Lamb skin bag. When I tried on 4 different Maxi bags at NM(black and red), after I put my stuff inside, all bags started to weave and deformed. So I guess we have to assume the bag will eventually end up looking like that.

i don't think they're rare -- i see a bunch on ebay all the time. here's mine:

Chanel001.jpg

btw, i just noticed the holes on my vintage xl are side by side while the maxi's holes are placed front to back -- i wonder if that is causing the pulling?

^ Maybe it's true. But you know what? My lamb jumbo from fall doesn't have a "wing" but it does show slight signs of slouchness around one set of holes. So I think it's mainly the leather quality problem. Chanel sure is cutting corners these days.:cursing:

also, look how big the grommets are around the holes. i know that the hardware on the 228 is similarly heftier to accommodate the larger bag. maybe the maxi just needs a little design tweaking (and a better name!)

Chanel010.jpg

^ Maybe it's true. But you know what? My lamb jumbo from fall doesn't have a "wing" but it does show slight signs of slouchness around one set of holes. So I think it's mainly the leather quality problem. Chanel sure is cutting corners these days.:cursing:

is the leather of inferior quality on the maxis or just softer? i don't think that softer necessarily = inferior.

:roflmfao: I know, right? I thought that pic was so interesting too.

But you know what? If you look carefully, the jumbo on the girl with her pooch is showing slight sign of a "wing" on the left side, although it definitely looks better than the maxi.:wtf:

:roflmfao: I noticed that too! But since no comments on the celeb. thread...

Anyway, J. Do you think if the new blue caviar in jumbo will get the "wing" too? As I was thinking if the bag is unstructured I may get the jumbo size instead so I can wear across body. Maybe I should stuck with the M/L size or getting nothing at all...Really want to see & feel the purse before I buy later - but this won't happen to me for sure & I doubt I can return after it's being shipped. :sad: Need you opinion!

that's actually a good idea.. i think i might do that.. but arent they really really rare? u know at the trunk show.. the caviars are even worst than the lamb... btw.. do u know if the fushia caviar jumbo is also slouchy? i was thinking if i wanted that.. hum.. me and my red obsession

Well, all caviar bags of spring would be same. I doubt it would be any different for fuchsia even though I didn't "play around" with it at the trunk show. Is there even going to be a fuchsia jumbo though? I thought US boutiques are only getting med and maxis?:confused1:

I just returned the Red Maxi Lamb skin bag. When I tried on 4 different Maxi bags at NM(black and red), after I put my stuff inside, all bags started to weave and deformed. So I guess we have to assume the bag will eventually end up looking like that.

Sorry you had to return it but think it is best that Chanel hear loud and clear that there is a problem with the bag so that they get it changed before they make more- No wonder Karl L said he does not have to worry about a budget - Chane is giving him all the financial freedom in the World and cutting back on Qualiy and production!!!:roflmfao:

i don't think they're rare -- i see a bunch on ebay all the time. here's mine:

Chanel001.jpg

btw, i just noticed the holes on my vintage xl are side by side while the maxi's holes are placed front to back -- i wonder if that is causing the pulling?

Bingo- I told my SA it looked like they were too close together and maybe just changing it to side by side would seem to support the bag so much better and eliminate half of the problem.
I would be careful taking your Vintage XL out nowadays-it is as Rare as a MAXI without wings and you might get mugged!!!:roflmfao:

Yikes! this is scaring me. My maxi lambskin is coming this week and I'm guessing I'll have a wing problem too like most of the peeps who got a maxi. I really like this bag. I hope they made it more structured.

That's what I was originally saying. I also never cared for the classic flaps because they were so boxy and stiff. A stiff Maxi that doesn't 'yield' across the body may be hard to carry!

However, as mentioned, I do think they dropped the ball on this, no one seems to like them.

I was thinking the same thing. I like the way the bag looks on Amanda. I know I'm in the minority here but they could have made it that way on purpose. Its just like some people don't like a "sag" in LV but some do.
I guess its a good thing that we all don't like the same thing...Huh? ;)
We would all be fighting over the same bag. :boxing:

is the leather of inferior quality on the maxis or just softer? i don't think that softer necessarily = inferior.

I say inferior, not just soft. I hoped they'd use better leather for spring than cruise because I was just too disappointed by quality of cruise lambs. But the spring lambs I've seen so far do not look any better than 09C at all.:cursing:

:roflmfao: I noticed that too! But since no comments on the celeb. thread...

Anyway, J. Do you think if the new blue caviar in jumbo will get the "wing" too? As I was thinking if the bag is unstructured I may get the jumbo size instead so I can wear across body. Maybe I should stuck with the M/L size or getting nothing at all...Really want to see & feel the purse before I buy later - but this won't happen to me for sure & I doubt I can return after it's being shipped. :sad: Need you opinion!

Why would you want a jumbo instead when it's slouchy? Bigger it gets, slouchness is worse! For example, as a pinkholic I love the color of pink lamb from cruise but would never ever buy it in any other size than mini.

FYI, even my SA didn't like the caviar of spring. If someone who is to make commission out of me is not loving it, what does that say? I would have to advise you to forget about getting blue this spring.:sad: