Look ma i can fly-i got wings!!! Sending this maxi baby back!!!

I so agree with you and if they wanted to add a slouchy softer bag to their line up -why not design a NEW BAG and not take a classic and demolish it!!!

I agree also. When I bought my Jumbo, the SA showed me the black maxi. I knew the forum was talking about how soft it was, but I was really startled at the difference. That's the reason I bought my beige 09c. They may still have the color but i was afraid they'd change the leather. I so hope this is just for the SS collection.

I saw the lambskin maxis at the boutique yesterday and the display ones looked SO SAD!!!! Not only was the flap bending up, the whole bag was collapsing despite being stuffed with tissues inside the dustbag. Definitely no maxi for me.

Funny thing was, I had my old caviar maxi-style jumbo with me, and when I put it down on the counter to try on some jewelries, FIVE different customers picked it up and wanted to buy it! All said they wanted mine and not the current jumbo and definitely not the maxi. It's so sad that my 6 year old bag looks so much better than the brand new bags in the store.

I just got a vintage jumbo (3 series, I think it's from 1995) and I'm amazed at the quality of this bag. The leather is perfect and structured, more so than some of the new jumbos and maxis I've played with at the boutiques.

Chanel shouldn't change the leather in their flaps to fit the trend of the slouchy, unstructured bag. The beauty of the Chanel flap is that it's timeless and withstands all the fads and trends. If I want a slouchy bag I can get something like the ultimate soft or a cabas!

I'm getting nervous now... my black lambskin maxi doesn't have wings but it sound like it will develop them. Now I'm seriously wondering if I should keep it. :shrugs:

SA today said it is just seasonal,my maxi does wing at one side,but after taking her out today,i loved size and how light it was,and even with wings,i want another one in grey or white,and the fuschia,

This is so sad. I hope they do something about this slouchy-bag problem. This was a highly anticipated bag, and it's quite crushing to see so many people unhappy with theirs.:sad:

mine is lambskin too and i have not taken it out yet..however, noticing now the wings are slowly forming from being in the box. when i first got it, i stuffed it and tried it on and it seemed ok no wings or anything. now, i can see it will wing. don't know if should exchange it for a caviar jumbo with gh now. sigh!

mine started to wing on one side,i could tell it was going to,but i still love it,its perfect for me,but im getting other two in caviar,wear it around house with your normal things in it,if your not happy,then take it back.i think people are going to have to except that this bag just wants to fly.the leather isnt heavy enough on the flap,leather is soft,but thin compaired with my jumbo,when i fist got my maxi,i was bit concerned,but now i love it

Yes, definitely is going to take a little getting used to- I saw the purple this week and hated how dull and dented/soft that it looked- I really wanted to see the caviar in hopes that I wold love t but they did not have one-from what I have read it is as soft if not softer than the lambskin. I am just going to stick with the Jumbos but if I thought I could pull it off -I would keep the Maxi and just attach Velcro patches to hold down the flaps but am too worried it would just tear/lift of the leather...

Yes, definitely is going to take a little getting used to- I saw the purple this week and hated how dull and dented/soft that it looked- I really wanted to see the caviar in hopes that I wold love t but they did not have one-from what I have read it is as soft if not softer than the lambskin. I am just going to stick with the Jumbos but if I thought I could pull it off -I would keep the Maxi and just attach Velcro patches to hold down the flaps but am too worried it would just tear/lift of the leather...

I understand what you thinking here - maybe a good repair shop could open the flap and place some small weights inside the flap at the corners to weight the flap corners - much like the tweed jackets have the famous chain to weight the jackets so they hang perfectly. Sad as customers we pay so much and then have to figure out to correct the design flaws....:rolleyes: