Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir - your opinions

Mine just arrived today. I got the small with shoulder strap in taupe. I agree with previous posters that the taupe is not really taupe! It is brown. However, it is just the shade of brown that I was looking for. It is definitely a "cool" brown - no warm or chocolate tones, which is what I wanted.

It is also a very roomy for a small bag. I usually only use large, quite casual looking bags in my day to day life (eg large PS1 and large Givenchy Pandora are my daily go to bags), but I wanted a smaller size brown bag, which is why I bought this. I thought this bag would be just for occasional use, but once I started filling it, I can get pretty much everything I need for daily use inside.

Just for info, my small was made in Tunisia, however there was one thing I noticed. Some websites mention that the leather is a mixed-race leather (lambskin and goat), however my care card says that it is lamb leather trimmed with cowhide, so I wonder if the leather type varies with country of manufacture also.

I also love the medium size tote without the shoulder strap. I am really disappointed as I had been wanting a large, summery, casual bright orange tote for ages and I finally bought an orange Celine Cabas a few weeks ago. I now wish I had waited, because as much as I love the Celine, it is unlined with an open top and I could of had two Longchamp totes for the same price!!!:P

Mine just arrived today. I got the small with shoulder strap in taupe. I agree with previous posters that the taupe is not really taupe! It is brown. However, it is just the shade of brown that I was looking for. It is definitely a "cool" brown - no warm or chocolate tones, which is what I wanted.

Can we have a photo of the taupe please please please?:graucho:

Well, since we have quite a few members with Cuirs already, can we perhaps get a consensus on how true-to-life this color sampler is?;)
( I think Littlerock and ReRe can cover most of the bases between the two of them hehe )

Attachments

• Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir Colours.JPG
    Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir Colours.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 5,249
arghh i just contacted the Longchamp customer relations to double check whether they have the Le Pliage Cuir in size small in any of their Paris boutiques and they said they are completely out of stock for cyclamen (pink), red AND turquoise. Crazy and so disappointing.

I assumed that the standalone Longchamp retail boutiques have the largest supply but since it seems not, does anyone know if Printemps or Galeries Lafayette have any Le Pliage Cuirs in those colors left?

or even better ... does anyone know how often they restock or if they take waiting lists? Thanks!

It's been years since I posted on the forum but felt I just had to share. I got a call from the Longchamp boutique on London's Bond Street today and the small cyclamen I put my name down for arrived! I picked it up just now and it is just gorgeous!

Also, I checked the label on the inside and mine clearly states it is Made in France. Am not sure if country of manufacture differ by country.

The SA said that these were selling like hotcakes. In particular, the bright summer colours were difficult to get hold of as Longchamp has been opening more and more branches all over the world and thus supply has had to be spread across more stores!

It's been years since I posted on the forum but felt I just had to share. I got a call from the Longchamp boutique on London's Bond Street today and the small cyclamen I put my name down for arrived! I picked it up just now and it is just gorgeous!

oooh so you can really put your name down on a waiting list of sorts? how long did you have to wait between the time that you put your name down and you got it?

These were taken of my Medium Red with short handles and long strap, in a flurry. On a rush, on my way home from an impromptu trip to SF. Sorry about the quality.

OMG!... Was just about the checkout with a Cyclamen in my cart when i saw this... and changed it to the red! Thanks for the pics

Also, anyone have any pics of the orange IRL... is it a bright orange, or similar to an Hermes orange??

kasumi168 said:
OMG!... Was just about the checkout with a Cyclamen in my cart when i saw this... and changed it to the red! Thanks for the pics

Also, anyone have any pics of the orange IRL... is it a bright orange, or similar to an Hermes orange??

Hey Kasumi! Littlerock had or has one, if you go through this thread a bit . :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Can we have a photo of the taupe please please please?:graucho:

These are photos of my new taupe that I talked about in Post No 374 above. The photos were taken in natural light with no flash

I have been carrying this bag around all day and so far it is really comfortable (and I have it stuffed fairly full!) and so light compared to most of my other bags!

Attachments

• DSC00310.JPG
    DSC00310.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 4,811
  • DSC00311.JPG
    DSC00311.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 4,947
  • DSC00312.JPG
    DSC00312.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 4,636

Also, I checked the label on the inside and mine clearly states it is Made in France. Am not sure if country of manufacture differ by country.

The SA said that these were selling like hotcakes. In particular, the bright summer colours were difficult to get hold of as Longchamp has been opening more and more branches all over the world and thus supply has had to be spread across more stores!

My small taupe was purchased from Harrods and it was made in Tunisia!

I am in Australia and went to look at these bags in my local store a couple of weeks ago, but as usual because everything is more expensive here, (I purchase nearly everything from either UK or US), I ordered it online!

At the time I didn't think to look at the country of manufacture in the display bags here, but we usually get the same stock as what goes to the Asian countries. When I am in the city next, I might sneak a peek at the tags inside the display bags!!

oscarlilytc said:
These are photos of my new taupe that I talked about in Post No 374 above. The photos were taken in natural light with no flash

I have been carrying this bag around all day and so far it is really comfortable (and I have it stuffed fairly full!) and so light compared to most of my other bags!

Thanks for sharing these pics! Im still waiting for my small Natural and it seems like forever. I want to try it out, see how it holds up with use and then get another one. I need a break from the heavier leather bags and the Cuir seems like an answer to that . :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Has anyone measured the strap? i was wondering if the strap is longer on the medium than the small. i want to wear it cross body so hoping the medium strap would be long enough.

Well, since we have quite a few members with Cuirs already, can we perhaps get a consensus on how true-to-life this color sampler is?;)
( I think Littlerock and ReRe can cover most of the bases between the two of them hehe )

My opinion is that all but black & navy is one shade lighter in person however they are pretty close. The orange in this pic is a fake/ photoshop orange and is too bright but the orange is pretty bright in real life too so it's not that far off. The turquoise color is def lighter in person too.

Last edited:
oooh so you can really put your name down on a waiting list of sorts? how long did you have to wait between the time that you put your name down and you got it?

I went in a couple of weeks ago to take a look and they had none. The SA offerred to put my name on the waiting list. I did it but without much hope of getting a look in. Lo and behold, I got a call yesterday! So, I count myself lucky.