Let's be Honest: What bags do you like, but you're never going to buy/keep?

poleneceline

Mar 16, 2022
Let's be Honest: What bags do you like, but you're never going to buy/keep? I'm talking about the bags you like, you love looking at it, you might even lust about it and have it on your wishlist, but you're never going to purchase? Or maybe a bag you did like enough to buy but then immediately sold because it either didn't work for you, or you didn't like it more than other bags in your collection, so you never used it?

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I fell hard for the Mark Cross Small Grace bag and still think it's exceptionally sweet, chic, and classic. But it was like a way-too-small 60s lunchbox in how it functions, and it had to go bye bye. I'm speculating that some people keep a bag like this because of the pretty, and don't care much about trying to answer the ringing phone or grabbing a tissue--alas, not my profile.

Bought and sold:
Chanel med/large CF in black caviar leather. Gorgeous, but not functional for me. Hate the inside flap, chain was a hassle,
Chanel GST in black caviar leather. Again, gorgeous bag but I was always bumping into things with it, and heaven help us all in a crowded elevator!

I will probably never buy a shiny croc BK Or Dior LD; DH thinks they are too precious, too status signaling, and for the money, he would rather I buy jewelry or something else. In general, I don’t care for ghw, though there are significant exceptions.

After many bags, I realized I’m not a CF, GST, or cerf, 19, 22, medium boy, caviar leather, or beige Claire person
I’m sad to say the balenciaga bags, old or new, don’t suit my style.

the BV cabat and hobo (actually all BV in general) also don’t really suit me, though I love them
the Evelyne, except for sellier or tpm, never worked on me.

it is pointless for me to buy a bag that strays from my neutral palette. to me, off white and fauve barenia/H gold are bright pops of color

wicker is the new frontier; I have no idea if it will suit, or if it will just look ridiculous

Last edited:
I fell hard for the Mark Cross Small Grace bag and still think it's exceptionally sweet, chic, and classic. But it was like a way-too-small 60s lunchbox in how it functions, and it had to go bye bye. I'm speculating that some people keep a bag like this because of the pretty, and don't care much about trying to answer the ringing phone or grabbing a tissue--alas, not my profile.

I purchased the Mark Cross Rear Window, and I unfortunately have yet to use it. I don't think I would give it up though because it is so pretty and I am an Old Hollywood junkie.

To address the thread topic, I have loved the Chanel 19 bag since I first saw it, but I don't think I can bring myself to purchase it. There are so many quality issues with new Chanel bags and for the astronomical prices, I'm sure it would just bring heartache.

Reactions: jennlt and hlh0904
I forgot to add I adore the ceci n’est pas un Delvaux Magritte collection, but the medium is too big and heavy and I’m not crazy about the buckle, so i peobably won’t ever get one

the bag charm from this collection is another favorite, but I’m not a bag charm Person

Hmm, probably the Celine box bag, I love the look in smooth leather but I’d get it scratched up. :sad:
Similar with the Lady Dior, I’d probably beat the poor bag up and its too feminine for my aesthetic. I love the history behind the bag and it’s such a beautiful bag but I can never pull the trigger on it lol :no:
Probably the Fendi peekaboo, I know there’s a lot of versions and they’re pretty classic, but I don’t like how thick they paint the edges.

In general, almost any bag with smooth leather. I love how luxurious smooth leather looks with that sheen but since I don’t baby my bags, again, probably get scratches all over them

Kelly like bags: I almost never close my bags and always wear them on my shoulder, so the flap sticks out and the handle is poking me when browsing while it's on my shoulder and the bag leans and opens too much when I grab it - so many problems with such beautiful bags :biggrin:
But I still wish I had Kelly, Brilliant, Tempete, Gabrielle or Gaby :angel:

All trendy hyped bags. I buy my bags to keep them and I don't like how fast the fashion train rushes through IG etc. and
implies some bags are outdated in no time (they're not, but I don't like the idea).
Also, I see too much of them on every influencer and this is what drives me away from those bags. Too much, too fast and kind of flogging.

Hmm, probably the Celine box bag, I love the look in smooth leather but I’d get it scratched up. :sad:
Similar with the Lady Dior, I’d probably beat the poor bag up and its too feminine for my aesthetic. I love the history behind the bag and it’s such a beautiful bag but I can never pull the trigger on it lol :no:
Probably the Fendi peekaboo, I know there’s a lot of versions and they’re pretty classic, but I don’t like how thick they paint the edges.

In general, almost any bag with smooth leather. I love how luxurious smooth leather looks with that sheen but since I don’t baby my bags, again, probably get scratches all over them

I tried on the Lady Dior and Chanel bags once in real life and I was shocked at how old the bags looked on me! They clashed so much. I suppose its a blessing in disguise...those bags aren't cheap...

Birkin and Lady Dior -- I need a shoulder strap for my bags so the Birkin is just forever a no, although I wish it could be otherwise. The LD is just gorgeous, but it looks fussy and too ladylike for my style. And nothing with the shape of the PM by LV--I look at that bag all the time and have to remind myself that square bags and boxy bags don't look good on me.