Leather Surgeons- Cost and Expectations

View attachment 3436160

Before after pics. $295 to reshape, recondition, replace the strap and polish hardware and overall cleaning. I am happy to found them!

Oh wow, they did a beautiful job reshaping the lambskin :heart:, since it must have been pretty soft to go slouchy like that.
The best way to keep the new structure is to not overload your bag (with heavy things) and fully stuff it while not in use.
Congrats :smile:

I purchased a pre loved jumbo in caviar leather and I noticed a thread in the quilting on the bottom of the bag has frayed. Has anyone had this issue and if so can LS repair it??

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    922.3 KB · Views: 2,334
Just FYI... I emailed them and asked them to refurb my bag. The response, "In all honesty, a spa treatment may not be worth the cost. We can make it look a bit better, but not all that much with the amount of wear the bag has. Those areas would feel rough as all we can do is seal and recolor them."

I purchased this bag used and I believe the previous owner had it sent out. It does have a few rough spots already. I do love it, but purchased thinking I could have it spruced up a bit. :sad:
IMG_3937.jpgIMG_3937.jpgIMG_3936.jpgIMG_3922.jpgIMG_3923.jpg

Just FYI... I emailed them and asked them to refurb my bag. The response, "In all honesty, a spa treatment may not be worth the cost. We can make it look a bit better, but not all that much with the amount of wear the bag has. Those areas would feel rough as all we can do is seal and recolor them."

I purchased this bag used and I believe the previous owner had it sent out. It does have a few rough spots already. I do love it, but purchased thinking I could have it spruced up a bit. :sad:
View attachment 3491431View attachment 3491431View attachment 3491432View attachment 3491433View attachment 3491434

I had some very worn corners on my beige flap, and the coloring covered it up well. I'm surprised they said there wasn't much they could do. I know they've reshaped GSTs before as well.

Has anyone had their chain replaced? I'm going to send my small classic flap to have the chain replaced to a longer chain so I can wear cross body it's $85 plus shipping I would love to see photos if anyone has had this done to their bag. Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: walkaway117
I purchased a pre loved jumbo in caviar leather and I noticed a thread in the quilting on the bottom of the bag has frayed. Has anyone had this issue and if so can LS repair it??
I don't think anyone has responded to you, but if you email them pictures they'll respond and give you a quote. Hope that helps.

View attachment 3491431View attachment 3491431View attachment 3491432View attachment 3491433View attachment 3491434
Perhaps try Leather Pros? A few of us are using them with good results. Here is the thread where we discuss it. I'm sending 3 items tomorrow.

http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/...th-leather-pros-impressed-and-excited.951958/

Reactions: OCMomof3

That is disappointing, but it is nice of them to not try to convince you to send it if they didnt think you would love the results.