Leather Surgeons- Cost and Expectations

How long after you shipped the bag did you hear from them about repairs? I shipped my bag off and am anxiously awaiting an update. Thanks!
I honestly don't recall hearing from them until I got an email telling me that the work was completed and asking how I wanted my bag shipped back. I just assumed that they didn't need to contact me because they were able to do everything that they had agreed to do. No news is good news!

Thank you all so much for this thread!!! I am going to contact them asap about a vintage bag I have. The dye has faded and I would love to have it restored to its rich black(looks slightly brown in sunlight). So glad to know exactly who to send it to!

Thank you all so much for this thread!!! I am going to contact them asap about a vintage bag I have. The dye has faded and I would love to have it restored to its rich black(looks slightly brown in sunlight). So glad to know exactly who to send it to!
I've sent them two vintage bags now and have been really happy with the outcome and their work. Hope to see pictures when finished!

I just got my 90s Chanel gold mini and they did a tremendous job in replating the hardware and reconditioning the leather! I highly recommend them. Gerry is so responsive and a pleasure to deal with. I'm a fan for life!

I just got my 90s Chanel gold mini and they did a tremendous job in replating the hardware and reconditioning the leather! I highly recommend them. Gerry is so responsive and a pleasure to deal with. I'm a fan for life!
Do you have any 'before and after' pictures to share? Curious to see the hardware after replating ..:giggles:

Do you have any 'before and after' pictures to share? Curious to see the hardware after replating ..:giggles:

Unfortunately I didn't take before pictures, but all I can say is that he replated the gold hardware on the side of the purse that kind of looks like a hinge and it's all nice and shiny again.

Anyone used their authentication service? Do ebay/paypal accepts their authentications? thnx
LS authentication service is wonderful because they have to physically inspect the bag. Chanel flagship has endorsed their work. They will not refurbish a bag if it's not authentic. I'd contact PP and Ebay to see if LS is on their list, or ask LS themselves if they handle Ebay/PP disputes. Good luck!

It's definitely stiffer. But I'd rather that than what it was before! I'm going to email them though and ask if there's a leather conditioner they recommend.
It was $250. That included the shipping back!

Maybe I never noticed it was so bad before because it was Chanel and seemed so magical and wonderful because of that.... Even my boyfriend noticed apparently since I showed him the before/after pics and he said "oh yeah I thought that purse was grubby looking..." [emoji15]
meanwhile he normally wouldn't notice if I used a plastic bag for a purse[emoji23]

I know this is a bit old now, but do you mind sharing a mod shot with this bag? Also, how have you found the redye after a few months? Has the original leather stiffness softened? Sorry for all the questions!

Where is Leather Surgeon located and how do I contact them? Please let me know and thank you so much! I have a Jumbo Single Flap caviar in silver hardware that is in need of refurbishing.
Hello,
Leather Surgeons is located in Pennsylvania. Their website is: www.leathersurgeons.com
All their contact info is on the site. You can email them pictures and they'll give you a quote. Good luck!!