LAMBie CHAT cont.!!!

I know that there are a number of lambies that are in the Socal area and I just saw this posted in the animal sub-forum and wanted to post it here. Apparently the LA SPCA is almost out of food for their animals are asking for emergency donations of food to be dropped off.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/home_blog/2010/01/food-for-shelter-dogs-and-cats-running-out-spcala-seeks-emergency-donations.html

Ugh, I feel horrible. I live here and didn't even know this was going on.

I'm going to donate tomorrow! Thank you so much for posting this linds! I'm constantly picking up strays and taking care of them, helping them get adopted out, etc... But I would have never known about this if you hadn't posted it. Thank you again! :heart:

Jt! The sun is out...I wish you were here...not the same w o you.

Slidebar was amazing last night...we saw one of the guys from real world, I think san diego...I drank a bit to much and was the life of the party for awhile!

Today, my friend aj and I are going to beverly hills, and to scout out LAMB...visit some more ND hot spots...eat! Ect!

I'm kinda pissy because I didn't realize the CHA was here!!! (Craft, hobby, art expo!) I've always wanted to go but already have plans :/

Anyhow, I'm having a great time and thinking of ya'll!

Ps, love and miss you bff!

Ugh, I feel horrible. I live here and didn't even know this was going on.

I'm going to donate tomorrow! Thank you so much for posting this linds! I'm constantly picking up strays and taking care of them, helping them get adopted out, etc... But I would have never known about this if you hadn't posted it. Thank you again! :heart:

No problem!! I figured that you would be interested! :biggrin:

Wow, that's kind of funny, I was actually looking at the SPCA here where I live (Sacramento are) on the web last night.... and then I caught a part of that Kardashian show and she was taking about a puppy and was told that the SPCA down there (maybe O.C./L.A., not sure where they live) would put the dog down in about 4 days if she wasn't given a home : ( Ours here claims to have been able to adopt out every adoptable animal for the past 7 years. I was thinking of volunteering, the first available introduction class isn't until March or April though so I've got some time.

Wow, that's kind of funny, I was actually looking at the SPCA here where I live (Sacramento are) on the web last night.... and then I caught a part of that Kardashian show and she was taking about a puppy and was told that the SPCA down there (maybe O.C./L.A., not sure where they live) would put the dog down in about 4 days if she wasn't given a home : ( Ours here claims to have been able to adopt out every adoptable animal for the past 7 years. I was thinking of volunteering, the first available introduction class isn't until March or April though so I've got some time.

That is really sad. You'd think that an area as wealthy as that would have a much better adoption program. Then again, maybe the wealthy folks buy their dogs and don't think about adopting?? Who knows. I'm in an area that is extremely conscious about adopting out animals, and even takes on animals that other shelters cannot adopt out. I cannot even think of how sad it must be to have to be the one euthanizing all those little animal 'people.' :sad:

Tonight were going to the slidebar! My favorite w lambiepie, and some friends :heart:

I used to work here! Did you guys get anything to eat? The garlic french fries at Slide are to die for. They're so good that you get instant heartburn when you're done eating them, which my book is a sign of really great food (even if my body doesn't agree with me) LoL :P

J- wow...awesome you worked there! Did you ever work a night when adro and they guys came in? Or mo bigsley? Slide is my fave bar to visit when I'm here in so cal...I have had the garlic fries, the nachos too! Yum. :heart:

So last night I had a great time at universal? City walk. met lambiepie there and we all headed to the comedy club. It was hilarious. Love lambie! Our purses met and snuggled for awhile!

I've spent a lot of time here w my friend aj. I love him to pieces! Today him and I went to a tattoo expo in pamona! Most likely getting some ink tomorrow!

I was sad to leave so I booked another night. Going hom on tues...

Goodnight yall!

I know that the SPCA in Yolo county is a no kill shelter, which always makes me more than happy to donate items to them. We have a thrift store here and all of the proceeds go to the Yolo county SPCA.

I know that the SPCA in Yolo county is a no kill shelter, which always makes me more than happy to donate items to them. We have a thrift store here and all of the proceeds go to the Yolo county SPCA.

We actually have one of those too - it's a pretty big store here - rivals the Salvation army in size and stuff.

Oh wow, that's awesome. I think all the SPCA's in NorCal do a great job from what I hear... I think perhaps people here in Northern California have a few advantages to have pets than folks down South... well, maybe we just are a different type of person. I would assume people here have larger backyards or at least have a backyard, whereas in SoCal I hear property is pretty $$... I think the lifestyle is a little more fast-paced too down there, and people are a bit more concerned with themselves than others and pets? Not hatin, just saying!

We had a neighbor family that moved to Hawaii... and just... left.. their cat. Not asking anyone to take care of it, but the whole street was shocked to see him wandering around. So everyone feeds him when he comes by and we will let him in to hang out in the house for awhile :P

I cannot imagine just leaving a pet, or dumping him somewhere. You chose to have him/her in your life, it's like a child, a can't just thrown em outta the car and say buh-bye. :nono:You'd get thrown in jail. I think the same penalty should apply.:police::noggin:

My sister ended up with one of her cats because the previous owners left her when they moved. She was doing something in the kitchen and could her a cat meowing at the sliding door that leads to the backyard, and when she looked she saw the cutest black and white kitty. Then a neighbor informed her that the previous people had left her.

Ok, I see you all are talking pets. Let me vent and plea for suggestions. I have 2 animals. A lab which is a hurricane Katrina rescue who is perfect and a cat we rescued from the shelter. The cat had ear mites, mats everywhere on her beautiful fur and was pregnant. We took her in, had a vet treat her and she was wonderful. I was so happy to have a cat again. Well, we went out of town in early November. I guess that upset kitty because she started peeing on the carpet. The vet checked for urinary issues. None. I treated the spot and gated her out of the "bad" room. Worked for about 2 weeks, then she started jumping the gate and peeing on the carpet. We then tried amitriptoline from the vet. I can't get her to take it consistantly and she is still peeing on the carpet. UGH!!! I'm at my wits end. I adore this cat, but the peeing is a deal braker. Any thoughts?

Hmmm how frustrating! I've never had my own cat but have many friends that do. Does she pee in the same place on the carpet every time? if so cover it in aluminum foil... cats dooo notttt like feel of it and wont want to be near it... then maybe she'll go back to the litter box. With our dog I've found closing doors and gating off areas only works in the short term, someones bound to leave a door open and doggy needs to know he doesn't belong up on the bed :P

Have you tried moving the litter box to a different area?

Animals are so funny : )

Be patient though and show her lots of love when she's good... I hope you find a solution!

lisaea, my cats (who live at my dads, only because I have a dog that would eat them) started doing the same thing at his house and in certain spots. He bought these things that look like red rings and are held together by a bungee cord. When you touch them they open and make a loud noise and cats HATE them. He puts them on the floor where they would pee and they won't go near them and it has stopped them. Next time I talk to him I will ask him where he got them. If the cat is peeing in random spots, I don't know. You could always call Petsmart or a store like that. I am sure they have something or can give you advice.