Kristen Stewart Thread

I think she's cute and I've liked her movies, but I think she's a terrible actress! Whenever she has to show any emotion it comes out as rapid blinking, eye rolling, stuttering and snorting. I also think she acts really ungrateful and irreverent IRL, which is a turn off.

Do you know the boy?

...because I think every celebrity has two sides. They have the side they show to the public and then they have a private side. I don't think anyone in the spotlight is capable of revealing their true selves to the world, you just can't when all eyes are upon you and everyone is judging you. Therefore, I'm sure there are different sides to Rob that the world doesn't see - what I mean is that he probably has worse flaws than laundry and housekeeping. Much worse.
And if he really is as smart as he seems, I'm sure he'll know to keep himself far away from KS if she really is so bad.

If you read my post, I only listed laundry and housekeeping as EXAMPLES. I listed the word, "etc" because I am sure there are others.

And, I'll tell you something, I may not personally know Rob, but ALL his friends whom he has hung out with since childhood (and who are still his best friends...because he's not into the Hollywood scene) have ALL said he's the same exact person before hitting it big with Twilight. No stuck-up attitude. No fake image he's trying to portray to the rest of the world.

In fact,
Rob's been asked this question many times in interviews. Interviewers ask him what's changed for him, and he says "nothing really." Just about the only thing is having paps follow him and fans track him, but he remains the same person. Oh, and the fact he bought a 1989 BBW for a couple thousand dollars, but that car has since seen its last days. LOL. :P

Also, people from Rob's past (I'm not talking about bffs but just ppl he knew in passing) could have easily sold him out to the tabloids by saying he's blah-blah-blah, but no one has. Why not? Because there's nothing to say.

Yeah, celebs may have a dichotomous personal vs public side, but I don't think there's that much difference in Rob's case. Here are a few examples of why I feel this way: He doesn't have a publicist and says he'll never get one because he wouldn't want someone telling him what to do/how to mold his image. It's bad enough that they wanted to send him to media training; Rob skipped all that because he just wanted to be himself. He could've easily capitalized on his Twilight fame by putting out a music album, but he didn't. He finds the whole idea of it lulzy and selling out. If he ever did, he says he'll likely put it under a pseudonym. He's not out for $ and fame.

Anyway, this isn't the Rob thread so I'll stop here. And, for the record, I don't think KStew is the crappiest person out there or anything. I just don't care for her attitude. I can appreciate that she speaks her mind; she kinda has that Megan Fox verbal diarrhea aspect about her, LOL. I just wonder if ppl really pay attention to how she behaves in interviews and on the red carpet. It's not only because she gives curt, snarky comments, but she pairs them with eyerolls, "***** face" (a term commonly used by her own FANS), and gives off this look of disgust like "Great, another damn press interview." It's like her time matters most in the world, and she simply can't be bothered to chat with so-and-so. Um, that's part of being an ACTRESS. You're hired to do a movie, and you are expected to do press for it. She just comes off as ungrateful, bratty, and entitled, IMO.

Also, I will say that she's looking better with her hair pinned up for events vs leaving it down (traditional mullet style).

I think she's cute and I've liked her movies, but I think she's a terrible actress! Whenever she has to show any emotion it comes out as rapid blinking, eye rolling, stuttering and snorting. I also think she acts really ungrateful and irreverent IRL, which is a turn off.

LOL. I should point out before this review that my "fairly neutral" friend (meaning she can definitely see why people don't like KStew and why KStew has often been criticized, but at the same time, my friend feels bad for her, and she thinks KStew did an okay interpretation of Bella, so she takes a semi-interest in her career) told me she watched Adventureland.

I asked her, "Well, so how was it."

She replied, "Well, she basically acted like Bella all over again. Talked the same and everything except with lots of drug use, profanity, and sexy time with Ryan Reynolds. I wouldn't watch it again."

Anybody a fan of Kristen Stewart? I really didn't know too much about her until I saw Twilight. She's such a good actress. She seems to have a very dark, brooding personality, like she doesn't care about the spotlight and fame. I've also heard that Rob Pattinson is the same way! I used to see her in all the Rag Mags, and I didn't have a clue who she was. She also played Jodi Foster's daughter in Panic room. I'd love to hear your thoughts on her!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thanks so much for starting this thread Tillie! It's about time someone did.

I personally like her. I also feel that she's a breath of fresh air. I'm really tired of reading negative things on her, so much so that I don't even read the posts anymore.

Do I think she's a great actress? No. But there aren't too many great ones nowadays anyway.

I am indifferent towards her, I neither like or dislike her because the only thing I've ever seen her in is Twilight. I've read all the books and find Bella annoying, therefore I found KS annoying as well. But obviously I can't formulate an opinion based on that alone which is why I am indifferent.

I will say one thing... I find her demeanor in most pics intriguing, in the sense that I think I probably would like her. She doesn't seem like the glitzy-glam, mile-long extensions, label-toting Hollywood starlette like others have mentioned. I could be wrong, but who knows, lol.

I will say one thing... I find her demeanor in most pics intriguing, in the sense that I think I probably would like her. She doesn't seem like the glitzy-glam, mile-long extensions, label-toting Hollywood starlette like others have mentioned. I could be wrong, but who knows, lol.
I agree. Most of the other Hollywood girls would've gotten extensions ASAP after getting that mullet, but she doesn't seem like she cares.

I am indifferent towards her, I neither like or dislike her because the only thing I've ever seen her in is Twilight. I've read all the books and find Bella annoying, therefore I found KS annoying as well. But obviously I can't formulate an opinion based on that alone which is why I am indifferent.

I know what you mean...I read all 4 books and I found Bella to be an incredibly boring character. Maybe that's why I think KStew did a good job with the role...:lol:

^^Lol, yeah I have to say she did a good job cause I definitely saw her as Bella and not someone playing Bella. That being said I am really looking forward to New Moon...it is my fave of the four. :yes:

Actually a lot of girls here said that she is not like the others Hollywood glam starlettes. :smile:

Honestly, I never got why people hated her so much? Is it because she's kind of anti-social, weird, and fidgety? I think she has such a unique quirkyness about her that is a good thing. It could be worst - she could try an act like she wasn't nervous that millions of eyes were on her at all times?

But I think this girl is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous.... she's got a really pretty face.

before i make this statement i gotta add a disclaimer that none of this is aimed at any of you here! but other places on the net.. it gets really bad.

a lot of the kristen hating comes off to me as hating on the weird/quiet/anti-social girl in high school who sat in the corner and had one geeky friend but took **** from all the popular kids. sure, kristen is often times the center of attention, but the things that people cite as reasons to hate on her are petty and ridiculous. just because she's not glam, or doesn't smile or visibly feels anxiety? i haven't seen hating this petty since the most popular girl in 8th grade shoved the messy haired dorky 6th grader into a locker and threw her lunch into the garbage. seriously.

yeah i agree. i personally think she's a great actress. but what's most appealing about her is that she's so left of center for hollywood. she's much more representative of REAL girls than anyone in her age bracket in hollywood. she takes so much sh*t for the exact things that make her so real, which i find speaks pretty horribly for our standards for 'celebrities' and ourselves.

i like her in interviews and her roles, she's always genuine. :tup:
I think that's exactly right, you hit the nail on the head. :yes: