Kristen Stewart Thread

One more thing - I also admire her for actually cutting her beautiful hair for that Joan Jett movie. Most female stars wear wigs in their movie roles (Kate Hudson wears the ugliest, fakest ones, so does J Lo). They never look authentic. KS actually cut her pretty hair.

Unfortunately, she's stuck with that horrible hair cut until it grows out, but she is dedicated, don't you think? I think the comparison to Johnny Depp (not playing up her beauty) as mentioned by kmh1190, is very interesting!

Unfortunately, given the commentary in the RP thread, I don't think we'll be able to keep this thread very positive (or even indifferent). :shucks:

I'm gonna chime in here because like flashy stems, I don't care for her. So, I will not contribute much to this thread if it's just gonna be a "YAY"/celebratory type of thread. :P I assume since you asked for opinions re: her, that we could post negatives, too. :s

You can read my thoughts here (as well as a few pages prior to this thread):

http://forum.purseblog.com/celebrity-section/robert-pattinson-thread-ii-510298-32.html

Last edited:
One more thing - I also admire her for actually cutting her beautiful hair for that Joan Jett movie. Most female stars wear wigs in their movie roles (Kate Hudson wears the ugliest, fakest ones, so does J Lo). They never look authentic. KS actually cut her pretty hair.

Unfortunately, she's stuck with that horrible hair cut until it grows out, but she is dedicated, don't you think? I think the comparison to Johnny Depp (not playing up her beauty) as mentioned by kmh1190, is very interesting!

She's actually been pinning it back a lot lately, and it doesn't look that bad! It looks almost as if she actually has really long hair, and just has some layers in the front and has put the rest in a ponytail.

jpbnu8.jpg

I'm not all negative towards Kristen, just to get that straight. I don't enjoy her as an actress. But, she is growing on me personality-wise. I also like the fact that she's definitely letting herself smile more often.

I tend to like that she doesn't care about her image. She does what she wants, and doesn't pander to the media. She lets her work speak for her. Now, whether you like her work...that's subjective.

yeah i agree. i personally think she's a great actress. but what's most appealing about her is that she's so left of center for hollywood. she's much more representative of REAL girls than anyone in her age bracket in hollywood. she takes so much sh*t for the exact things that make her so real, which i find speaks pretty horribly for our standards for 'celebrities' and ourselves.

i like her in interviews and her roles, she's always genuine. :tup:

My link posted above isn't working, and I can't go back to edit it. So, it's basically pg 32 of the Rob thread (and as mentioned before, a few pgs back from this too, where we discuss KStew).

Here is what's posted on pg 32 (the major part of my post, anyway). ;)

Originally Posted by Avril can I ask what's with the anti KStew? Why do people not like her? I think she plays the part of Bella well and her and Rob have great chemistry together! Also love the HB and VF photoshoots - they look great together!

I have never hidden my disdain for this girl. I TRIED to like her simply because she was playing Bella. However, after I saw her in MANY televised interviews and read MANY articles, I couldn't do it. IMO, she has a terrible attitude, and if you've ever seen past Twilight interviews, she consistently made snippy remarks toward/about Rob (of course, this isn't ALL the time, but it is definitely MORE OFTEN THAN NOT).

Now, you may think, "well, how can you possibly say that w/such certainty about the frequency..." Well, let me just say, I've "been there from the beginning", so to speak. Yes, I was a Twilight fan early on, and I saw countless amounts of interviews, news releases, sneak peeks from the set, etc. So yes, I do know how KStew acts in interviews, with fans, etc.

Rob, meanwhile, gives KStew praise for her acting, how he felt intimidated working with her (since she has been in many more films than he has), etc., yet KStew rarely reciprocates the praise.

Moreover, since you brought up her acting, I do NOT think she played the role of Bella well. Her acting skills are FAR overrated. She has the same expressions. She is very one-dimensional. She has NO range in affect. Everything is one-noted. When she must do dramatic scenes (for example, the part in the hospital when Edward says he's going to leave her), she resorts to stammering and hawing, "What?!!! How could you? No! No! Why would you say that? No!" Then blinking her eyelids repeatedly. To make it worse, this isn't even JUST for her dramatic scenes.

Why don't you take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfWeLPtZvsk

Yeah, that eye blinking PLUS that lower lip biting video link posted earlier = HORRIBLE actress. Again, all my opinion. Other people might think she's something special, but I sure don't.

It has NOTHING to do w/the 'are they, aren't they' couple story that the tabloids have been going nuts over. I couldn't care less if they were a couple (because it doesn't affect me jealousy-wise). Rob's going to date who he wants to date. I have no delusions that I'm magically the woman for him. What I DO care about (but of course, have no control over) is whether that person is treating Rob well. Rob is a catch (who yes, has his flaws in terms of laundry, housekeeping, etc.) However, he is charming, modest, doesn't spend frivolously, is smart, creative, artistic, and is OBVIOUSLY a gentleman (despite thinking otherwise). If KStew and Rob were to date, I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I can see that girl being an absolute ***** in the relationship and steamrolling over Rob. Do I know that w/100% certainty? No. Nonetheless, my Spidey-sense is tingling and warning me when it comes to KStew. (yes, I am a dork and reference Spider-man). :amuse:

Lastly, you mentioned the photoshoots....Vanity Fair = YES! MORE! :yahoo:

Harper's Bazaar = Not so much (but YES to Rob...he definitely stands out in that model way; KStew just looked meh).

yeah i agree. i personally think she's a great actress. but what's most appealing about her is that she's so left of center for hollywood. she's much more representative of REAL girls than anyone in her age bracket in hollywood. she takes so much sh*t for the exact things that make her so real, which i find speaks pretty horribly for our standards for 'celebrities' and ourselves.

i like her in interviews and her roles, she's always genuine. :tup:

In her most recent interview, she sort of touches on this. She spoke about how she used to be so nervous that people would think she wasn't being truthful when answering questions, etc. So, she tried her hardest not to say cliche things, even if she was being honest. She delved deeper to say more thoughtful things, and I think that came off as pretentious and even fake to a lot of people.

I like her. At least she stands out. She may seem unpleasant to some, but she isn't fake and doesn't search for approval. She doesn't say ridiculous things for attention or act out. She just deals how she knows. I actually think she represents very well what LOTS of people would feel/ react like if they were subject to the absolutely batsh*t INSANE attention that resulted from Twilight.

I'm glad that not every.single.actress who gets attention is a glam gossip girl type who offers cute one liners and teeters on giant platforms with pouft hair extensions. Fashion focus on actresses gets really old. Sometimes I feel like thats the only thing sustaining the interest in about 60% of actresses that we can name check right now. Sad.

I like her. At least she stands out. She may seem unpleasant to some, but she isn't fake and doesn't search for approval. She doesn't say ridiculous things for attention or act out. She just deals how she knows. I actually think she represents very well what LOTS of people would feel/ react like if they were subject to the absolutely batsh*t INSANE attention that resulted from Twilight.

I'm glad that not every.single.actress who gets attention is a glam gossip girl type who offers cute one liners and teeters on giant platforms with pouft hair extensions. Fashion focus on actresses gets really old. Sometimes I feel like thats the only thing sustaining the interest in about 60% of actresses that we can name check right now. Sad.

I'm not her biggest fan but I agree with you.
She has her own sense of style (and I am not a fan of it) and sometimes she looks so uncomfy and awkward in Louboutins and designer clothes but at least she is not trying to be someone else.

The reason I started this thread is because I've seen her face in every magazine, and I was interested in knowing why there was a RP thread, but not one for her. I JUST saw Twilight, (under protest) and thought it was suprisingly good. After going back and reading the posts in the RP thread, I can see why there's such controversy about her. Thank you all for your comments

I'm gonna chime in here because like flashy stems, I don't care for her. So, I will not contribute much to this thread if it's just gonna be a "YAY"/celebratory type of thread. :P I assume since you asked for opinions re: her, that we could post negatives, too. :s

You can read my thoughts here (as well as a few pages prior to this thread):

http://forum.purseblog.com/celebrity-section/robert-pattinson-thread-ii-510298-32.html

You can say what you want, I just meant that this thread is going to COMPLETELY SUCK for everyone if people are constantly hating on her.

It has NOTHING to do w/the 'are they, aren't they' couple story that the tabloids have been going nuts over. I couldn't care less if they were a couple (because it doesn't affect me jealousy-wise). Rob's going to date who he wants to date. I have no delusions that I'm magically the woman for him. What I DO care about (but of course, have no control over) is whether that person is treating Rob well. Rob is a catch (who yes, has his flaws in terms of laundry, housekeeping, etc.) However, he is charming, modest, doesn't spend frivolously, is smart, creative, artistic, and is OBVIOUSLY a gentleman (despite thinking otherwise). If KStew and Rob were to date, I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I can see that girl being an absolute ***** in the relationship and steamrolling over Rob. Do I know that w/100% certainty? No. Nonetheless, my Spidey-sense is tingling and warning me when it comes to KStew. (yes, I am a dork and reference Spider-man). :amuse:

Do you know the boy?

...because I think every celebrity has two sides. They have the side they show to the public and then they have a private side. I don't think anyone in the spotlight is capable of revealing their true selves to the world, you just can't when all eyes are upon you and everyone is judging you. Therefore, I'm sure there are different sides to Rob that the world doesn't see - what I mean is that he probably has worse flaws than laundry and housekeeping. Much worse.
And if he really is as smart as he seems, I'm sure he'll know to keep himself far away from KS if she really is so bad.