Travel Italia! All things all Italy!

question:
any trouble bringing expensive basg WITH you? What I mean is if I take 2-3 Chanel's or my LV will customs stop me on my way home assuming I bought them in Italy :s
I'm buying a Chanel Wallet on Chain hopefully tomorrow to wear messenger style while I'm there. I think anything similar is practical.

The outlet near Florence is this one:
http://www.themall.it/

You'll be able to find nice things. Just ask to your hotel about taxis and shuttles to get there.
While going, you'll be able to visit also Dolce&Gabbana outlet.
A bit further (exit Valdarno, then going toward Montevarchi-Levanella) you'll find the Prada outlet, called Space.
Address: Strada Statale 69
Levanella Spacceo Montevarchi
Italy
Tel: 011-39-55 978-94-81

When you'll be visiting Assisi, you can go and have dinner to "Buca di San Francesco" right in the centre of the small medioeval town.

Most of all, it will be a beautiful trip... enjoy it and have fun! :yahoo:

as for bags: I don't think they target you for the bag, I personally advise everybody visiting any big city to wear a zippered bag that can be worn messenger style too. When in train, bus or any crowded place keep your bag attached to your body, don't lay it on the floor.
Gelato is good anywhere here, it's better if it's artigianale (home made): I've seen many "chain gelaterie" in touristic cities that get industrial gelato. It's still good, but I prefer the traditional one

It's a constant debate whether it would be worth it between DH and I....I'm wondering if they let you bring it into the churches and museums...would it be in the way and something that people look to steal? Should we leave it at home? Help! What did you do?:confused1:

I wouldn't, simply cause it would make me feel like too much of a tourist. I try to blend in as much as possible when I travel, so a small camera is the most I'd carry. Plus I've never looked at tapes made when I was little by my parents when we were traveling, so I'm not sure I'd look at tapes now.

you can get a small video camera? my husband has this small sony camera that takes pictures and video.. Sony NSC-GC1 5 MP Black Digital Camcorder
0002724272308_215X215.jpg

thank you again...doing another little bump here for last minute suggestions other than the AMAZING advice already posted (printed it all out tonight!!)
I leave on Saturday and I have BRONCHITIS!!! ARgh!!

There are a lot of places where video recordings are not allowed. If you're into museums and will spend a lot of time in them, I wouldn't take it.

It is great for filming moments of the holiday and family jokes: if you're traveling with children, I'd say yes.

All in all, it's really up to you:smile: