"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Just received my High Rise and I’m a bit disappointed in the quality even though I LOVE the size and style. . The first issue being the misalignment of the stitching in the corners for the hardware and the gold LV on the luggage tag came with a little dent in it- very noticeable in person but it’s a tiny glint in the pictures. Thoughts on whether this is worth getting them to replace the bag? Trying not be nit picky but as everyone knows these bags are not the cheapest!IMG_0783.jpegIMG_0782.jpegIMG_0781.jpeg

Yeah you can notice it probably only if you’re really looking. I went to Louis Vuitton today and they reluctantly swapped my bag and said that you can be flagged for returning too many times. They say complimentary returns but they try and talk you out of it. I felt bad exchanging but I paid $4100 for the bag and want to feel happy about it.

Yeah you can notice it probably only if you’re really looking. I went to Louis Vuitton today and they reluctantly swapped my bag and said that you can be flagged for returning too many times. They say complimentary returns but they try and talk you out of it. I felt bad exchanging but I paid $4100 for the bag and want to feel happy about it.
they should be flagged for letting items leave their factory that are not at the level expected lol. - please- i have purchased madewell/coach purses that were perfect out the gate for FRACTION of LV cost...

they should be flagged for letting items leave their factory that are not at the level expected lol. - please- i have purchased madewell/coach purses that were perfect out the gate for FRACTION of LV cost...
Yes lol. Yes I have Coach and is very good, their leather products are very nice. There’s a lot of mark up for LV I think because they can.

Yes, for $4,100 you should be very happy. I'm glad you were able to exchange!

Yes, for $4,100 you should be very happy. I'm glad you were able to exchange!
Yes lucky. Is seems that these bags aren’t made perfect as they aren’t a structured bag. The lady showed me another bag that had a couple of bumps at the bottom of the bag. She reckoned they would smooth out over time but they must allow imperfections I think.

Reactions: Loriad
Hi, I just purchased this bag and waiting for it to ship. I went over the pictures for hours before deciding to get it. I just noticed yesterday that where the stitching is the holes are cracking. To me it looks like the stitching could pull out of the holes and the bag would come apart there. I have reached out to the sellers asking them to please check this area and make sure the bag isn't going to come apart easily. Wondering if anyone has had experience with something like this. This bag if from 2008 and it's a LV denim baggy pm. I know it's older and I have seen all the flaws and I'm ok with them. But just noticed this one. This is only my 2nd preloved bag. I adore these bags and really want to keep this one if it won't become a problem.
FYI: The green circle is from the seller showing where there is a stain. It is Not the problem area. It's above that area where the black gloved finger is.
Would love some feedback from people that have been in this situation.
Thank you for any advice or help you can give me!

Attachments

• LV baggy stitching up close 2.jpg
    LV baggy stitching up close 2.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 49
  • LV baggy stitching up close.jpg
    LV baggy stitching up close.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 49
Hi, I just purchased this bag and waiting for it to ship. I went over the pictures for hours before deciding to get it. I just noticed yesterday that where the stitching is the holes are cracking. To me it looks like the stitching could pull out of the holes and the bag would come apart there. I have reached out to the sellers asking them to please check this area and make sure the bag isn't going to come apart easily. Wondering if anyone has had experience with something like this. This bag if from 2008 and it's a LV denim baggy pm. I know it's older and I have seen all the flaws and I'm ok with them. But just noticed this one. This is only my 2nd preloved bag. I adore these bags and really want to keep this one if it won't become a problem.
FYI: The green circle is from the seller showing where there is a stain. It is Not the problem area. It's above that area where the black gloved finger is.
Would love some feedback from people that have been in this situation.
Thank you for any advice or help you can give me!
This is completely normal and is not cracking.

Reactions: BULL and kitcat65
Hi all, not sure where else to post this - does anyone have any experience with their leather “lifting”? My side trunk flap just started to separate from the suede lining..the glue is also exposed now:annoyed: My biggest concern is this is going to get worse and more noticeable. It’s just a bag but I’m annoyed

I added the Millesime side trunk back in January after a lot of hassle - took a while for my SA to track one down without scuffs/marks. I absolutely love this leather and it’s one of my favorite bags. Normally if I had a quality issue like this I would exchange. Sadly that is not an option since there’s none left, my only options are store credit… or repair.

I guess I’m looking for advice or to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. Would you deal with the hassle of a repair(read some horror stories here) or call it a day and take store credit?

Thank you for reading my mini rant
IMG_7739.jpegIMG_7738.jpeg

Hi all, not sure where else to post this - does anyone have any experience with their leather “lifting”? My side trunk flap just started to separate from the suede lining..the glue is also exposed now:annoyed: My biggest concern is this is going to get worse and more noticeable. It’s just a bag but I’m annoyed

I added the Millesime side trunk back in January after a lot of hassle - took a while for my SA to track one down without scuffs/marks. I absolutely love this leather and it’s one of my favorite bags. Normally if I had a quality issue like this I would exchange. Sadly that is not an option since there’s none left, my only options are store credit… or repair.

I guess I’m looking for advice or to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. Would you deal with the hassle of a repair(read some horror stories here) or call it a day and take store credit?

View attachment 5986776View attachment 5986777
This should not be happening to a bag less than 6 months old! Let alone ever....I understand your struggle with knowing you won't be able to exchange for the same thing, but this would bug me and is unacceptable imo. I would try going in or chatting with an online repair associate to see if it is something they could try fixing before you decide to return/replace it!

• Insightful
Reactions: trunkdevil

View attachment 5986776View attachment 5986777
First reaction: yikes. Second: it is also not the end of the world.
The leather is not even stitched to the lining? Only glued? If so, then it is literally a 30 second job for a seasoned craftsman. So I would just ask them to repair it, especially that the original promise was the all Millesime pieces will receive special aftercare services, so it is their time to shine.
This bag is so unbelievably beautiful. Please don't exchange it.

Hi all. Sorry for reposting because my original post in the LV 2024 thread only got 1 response and I'd like a few more opinions on this if possible.

One of the handles on my new Pink Opale Speedy 20 is slanted. You can see the picture where the handle sits upright. Is this common? Or is this a defect and therefore I should exchange for a new one? I'm fretting so much because 1) everything else with the bag is perfect and 2) I hate bothering SAs. It's my first LV bag so would love some pointers. Thanks in advance!

LV Bag.jpg

Last edited: