"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Thanks, I was asking because I was not 100% sure myself.

The background of the monogram part is a lighter blue, while the leather part is a little darker blue that almost matches the monogram print.

I could not tell if it was supposed to be all the same color, or if it was supposed to be two-tone. Each section is uniform in of itself.

You know what, now I have hope! I just looked at the pink one again and this time in better lighting, and I think the pink is two-tone also!!!! You guys, I have hope. Do you think it is ok after all?

Like I said, I am not super picky about my things at all, I was just a little sad that I had somehow damaged it before I ever even used it.
I don't own this piece, but I don't see anything wrong with it either.

• Love
Reactions: nicole0612
Hello, I purchased this keepall bandouliere from fashionphile. I have never seen one with these horizontal lines before. They are on both handles, but I am only showing one. The bag was made in 1996 and is a size 50. Has anyone seen these horizontal lines (that look purposeful) on their keepall? Thank you for taking a look. 1000059059.jpg1000059060.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I purchased this keepall bandouliere from fashionphile. I have never seen one with these horizontal lines before. They are on both handles, but I am only showing one. The bag was made in 1996 and is a size 50. Has anyone seen these horizontal lines (that look purposeful) on their keepall? Thank you for taking a look. View attachment 5965498View attachment 5965502
This is a little unusual. But the leather doesn't look 30 years old. I guess the leather was replaced and the craftsman used the creaser to wrap the leather properly around the metal, but it was still hot. Still a little weird though.

This is a little unusual. But the leather doesn't look 30 years old. I guess the leather was replaced and the craftsman used the creaser to wrap the leather properly around the metal, but it was still hot. Still a little weird though.
Thank you very much for replying. I thought the same, it's a bit weird. There is really no corner wear on the canvas, and the vachetta fades from really light on the handles as shown to a nice significant honey patina down the sides. It's not completely as if the handles are one color and the vachetta straps down the side another, its kind of a gradient. For these reasons, I wondered if the vachetta was not replaced but rather the bag was not used. It smells like a basement a little as well.

Thank you very much for replying. I thought the same, it's a bit weird. There is really no corner wear on the canvas, and the vachetta fades from really light on the handles as shown to a nice significant honey patina down the sides. It's not completely as if the handles are one color and the vachetta straps down the side another, its kind of a gradient. For these reasons, I wondered if the vachetta was not replaced but rather the bag was not used. It smells like a basement a little as well.
That would explain it, but then this is a very rare find, and excellent condition (except for the smell).

Thanks, I was asking because I was not 100% sure myself.

The background of the monogram part is a lighter blue, while the leather part is a little darker blue that almost matches the monogram print.

I could not tell if it was supposed to be all the same color, or if it was supposed to be two-tone. Each section is uniform in of itself.

You know what, now I have hope! I just looked at the pink one again and this time in better lighting, and I think the pink is two-tone also!!!! You guys, I have hope. Do you think it is ok after all?

Like I said, I am not super picky about my things at all, I was just a little sad that I had somehow damaged it before I ever even used it.
If it’s the same on both sides then it’s definitely normal. Don’t stress yourself out! Canvas can vary in color from batch to batch from the factory too. Just variations in the production process! The stitching and everything looks to be decent on these pieces which is usually my main point of contention.

• Love
Reactions: nicole0612
I think it’s actually a characteristic/design of older Keepalls. My Mono keepall from the 80s has the same lines on the handles. They aren’t very noticeable after it patinas tho! My keepall also has the old fashioned metal lock hook on the end instead of the normal vachetta tab.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 32
If it’s the same on both sides then it’s definitely normal. Don’t stress yourself out! Canvas can vary in color from batch to batch from the factory too. Just variations in the production process! The stitching and everything looks to be decent on these pieces which is usually my main point of contention.
Thank you very much, I feel much better now ❤️

• Love
Reactions: PittsburghLV
I just received my empreinte neverfull mm, and one side looks crooked. Wondering if this is normal? Or should I request an exchange. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_7224.jpeg
    IMG_7224.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7227.jpeg
    IMG_7227.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 42
I just received my empreinte neverfull mm, and one side looks crooked. Wondering if this is normal? Or should I request an exchange. Thanks for your help!
Not to be negative, but the scratched leather would bother me more than the misalignment… you could always try for a better one as far as alignment goes, but I wouldn’t accept a scratch on a brand new bag.

Attachments

• IMG_6882.jpeg
    IMG_6882.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: Bronzi522 and BULL