"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

I have a question about the corners of my Graceful MM. This was an exchange for my Pochette Metis which was deemed defective due to odor.

Three of the four corners seem to have some kind of mark on them. It doesn't come off with light brushing or a baby wipe. I think I can live with it assuming that it won't get worse. Just wondering if anyone has seen something similar on bags with folded corners (which I know is a risk unto itself)? These are very magnified photos and probably make it look worse than it is.

I am not going back to the store with this bag. Getting the exchange for the PM was a real hassle - they didn't credit me the full amount so I had to go back and forth to get a refund for the additional amount due. And this was the third Graceful that they pulled out for me (the other two had obvious stains on the handle). I fear I'm going to be banned if I go back with this bag again, so I think I better just live with it. :yucky: But I still wonder if others have seen this before?

Attachments

• IMG_9076.PNG
    IMG_9076.PNG
    845.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9078.PNG
    IMG_9078.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9077.PNG
    IMG_9077.PNG
    834.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I have a question about the corners of my Graceful MM. This was an exchange for my Pochette Metis which was deemed defective due to odor.

Three of the four corners seem to have some kind of mark on them. It doesn't come off with light brushing or a baby wipe. I think I can live with it assuming that it won't get worse. Just wondering if anyone has seen something similar on bags with folded corners (which I know is a risk unto itself)? These are very magnified photos and probably make it look worse than it is.

I am not going back to the store with this bag. Getting the exchange for the PM was a real hassle - they didn't credit me the full amount so I had to go back and forth to get a refund for the additional amount due. And this was the third Graceful that they pulled out for me (the other two had obvious stains on the handle). I fear I'm going to be banned if I go back with this bag again, so I think I better just live with it. :yucky: But I still wonder if others have seen this before?
this is also a defect, which is premature peeling of the canvas. it should be addressed with the store. When was this purchased? the peeling will get worse. it will continue to just carry.

Reactions: BULL
View attachment 5970145

Hi @BULL, do you think this loose stitch is a concern? It's at the front pocket of my Tyler Rush Bumbag :sad:

Also the embossing of the inner tag is almost close to non-existent :shocked:

View attachment 5970147
The embossing is only cosmetic, but since it is treated leather, it most likely will retain its embossing, won't fade much. But to be honest, I totally see why it bothers you.
The loose thread, I always, always consider that to be a serious concern. Even if the thread lock is tight inside (which is hidden, we will never know until it breaks). If they can get you another one, I'd ask them to try.

The embossing is only cosmetic, but since it is treated leather, it most likely will retain its embossing, won't fade much. But to be honest, I totally see why it bothers you.
The loose thread, I always, always consider that to be a serious concern. Even if the thread lock is tight inside (which is hidden, we will never know until it breaks). If they can get you another one, I'd ask them to try.
Thank you @BULL :flowers:

Reactions: BULL
Hi,

It’s been a while since I’ve purchased a new LV bag, only SLGs for me lately. I received my Speedy 20 today. It’s made in France. I am overall pleased. I did encounter a hang tag for the first time and just wanted to see if anyone else had seen this or if it could be a red flag that I maybe got a returned fake? View attachment 5957086View attachment 5957088View attachment 5957089
These labels seem to be a new 'thing' - Minks4all on youtube also had one just like that attached on a bag she recently got.

I have possted this in Diane thread, posting here again for more visibility.
I have just received diane navy and creme and the bag is beautiful but I noticed uneven gaps in glazing inside . Is it a defect or are they supposed to be like this? Also stitching on one side is exposed. Should I exchange?

Attachments

• IMG_4792.jpeg
    IMG_4792.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4793.jpeg
    IMG_4793.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4794.jpeg
    IMG_4794.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4795.jpeg
    IMG_4795.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4796.jpeg
    IMG_4796.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Majuriel
I have just received diane navy and creme and the bag is beautiful but I noticed uneven gaps in glazing inside . Is it a defect or are they supposed to be like this? Also stitching on one side is exposed. Should I exchange?
I dont see anything wrong unless I’m missing something? With empreinte sometimes you will see stitches like that. I don’t feel it’s a defect.

Reactions: Majuriel and BULL
I agree with @LVlvoe_bug, this is very typical LV edge painting precision and very typical 'retourné' stitching. You might get a nicer looking one, but most of these bags will have these to a certain degree. If there is no serious misalignment, loose thread, tear/scratch, then I'd say the bag is fine.

Hi all,
Just posting as I just exchanged for a bag and when I got home realised it has a big dent at the bottom. Is this a defect

Attachments

• IMG_5053.jpeg
    IMG_5053.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5054.jpeg
    IMG_5054.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5057.jpeg
    IMG_5057.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5056.jpeg
    IMG_5056.jpeg