"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Hi everyone - I’m hoping someone can give me some advice. I got a PSM 2 weeks ago as an early Christmas present from my husband. We ordered it online and I inspected it when I first opened it. I LOVE the bag in terms of functionality, versatility, and am happy with it. The alignment is also good. However, while on vacation, I noticed in the car that there is a minor crack in the zipper flap that covers the front pocket. While it doesn’t necessarily bother me and isn’t noticeable, I’m concerned if it could worsen.. I do not intend on using the front pocket, so I would think not. I also haven’t used the front pocket at all since having it - just tested it once when I first got the bag. However, it’s quite irritating to spend over $2k+ on a bag and have a little crack in it, even if not noticeable. Should I exchange it? I just dread possibility going through another quality issue that could be worse or a bag that has bad alignment…

F9DE494E-9C17-4898-AC78-185B3DB8EB82.jpeg

FA7FA2A8-5CD0-4665-B55E-896DD8AB96A1.jpeg

Finally. This looks so much better. Looked like a misprinted stamp. Never understood how anyone could let that design out of the studio in the first place.
I am wondering if I should choose photo 2, because that is the “supposed” normal I see, even the official photo looks like photo 2. But photo 1 looks so much better.

Dear @BULL, which one would you choose?

I am wondering if I should choose photo 2, because that is the “supposed” normal I see, even the official photo looks like photo 2. But photo 1 looks so much better.

Dear @BULL, which one would you choose?
Did you get both from the same place?

I wouldn't be surprised if they had gotten a lot of feedback on the logo looking weird, and it took them this much time to adjust. It feels to be around 2-3 years since they started using this kinda hardware. If this is really the new norm, the press photos will be updated soon. But to sum it up, I wouldn't choose based on the current photo-situation, but which one looks actually nicer. And the not-spilled-over logo looks way way nicer.

• Thanks
Reactions: Babxie
Did you get both from the same place?

I wouldn't be surprised if they had gotten a lot of feedback on the logo looking weird, and it took them this much time to adjust. It feels to be around 2-3 years since they started using this kinda hardware. If this is really the new norm, the press photos will be updated soon. But to sum it up, I wouldn't choose based on the current photo-situation, but which one looks actually nicer. And the not-spilled-over logo looks way way nicer.
Thanks @BULL for helping me make up my mind. I also feel I should choose the nicer one. And yup, I’ve gotten both of them, online, in the same time, 1 for my cousin.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BULL
You may have trouble returning it because you’ve been using it and that nick could have come from normal wear/tear
Thanks. I highly doubt that though, because this is like the 5th time I took it out. I’ve been gentle with it and haven’t even used that pocket or anything. I’m not overly bothered by it and don’t want the hassle of exchanging, but I’ve never had cracked canvas with any LV bags that I own… I just don’t know if it could worsen. But again, I don’t intend on using the pocket.

Reactions: BagAddiction712
Hi all,

I purchased a Saintonge of fashionphile. It’s is in really really better than the very good condition that they listed as except for two flaws. The glazing is irregular in two places. One on the front and one on the back. The back is slightly more noticeable. 6A49BDBB-2748-4646-9B52-127AB121F008.jpegIt’s not sticky and doesn’t appear that it is melting or anything. It’s also not really noticeable just carrying it and the price was good enough that as long as it’s not going to be a major issue down the road I can live with it. I was hoping someone could chime in on what they think. I have tried to search for a similar issue but mostly what I find is melting or specific to certain bags and this isn’t one of those. Thanks!

987DDEC2-17B5-429B-81C2-A99779CAC5AC.jpeg

A8BF1C55-6393-429B-AA84-5CD941F675A0.jpeg

F56D43B0-D070-4619-8F38-09E98AEA7D7D.jpeg