"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

New to the community! I got PSM while vacationing in Japan (I got it for ~$1850 USD due to yen being so weak now!) and I wanted to know your thoughts on it? It seems slightly misaligned but I might be too picky?! Not sure. Any opinion is appreciated! Made in France

View attachment 5642487

View attachment 5642488

View attachment 5642489

View attachment 5642490

View attachment 5642491
Your bag’s alignments are all great and hard to come by!

I’m sorry to say this and I hope I am wrong, but I can’t help to notice there’s something like a tiny chip off the bottom part of your bag, middle top part of the flower logo?

Reactions: elephantear
Your bag’s alignments are all great and hard to come by!

I’m sorry to say this and I hope I am wrong, but I can’t help to notice there’s something like a tiny chip off the bottom part of your bag, middle top part of the flower logo?
I looked back on the picture and fortunately it’s just a glare from the lights! No chip on the bag. Thank you for examining and your input!

TYSM everyone for responding! :hbeat: I’m excited to have this bag in my collection and put it to good use!

Hello everyone!

I recently received my new personalized passport cover and I noticed major crocked stitching on one side of the cover. Especially on the bottom it’s very bad in my opinion. Now I’m kinda scared LV won’t take it back from me since I got the holder hot stamped even though the stitching is totally off. I already contacted customer service. Waiting for a response now.
Does anybody know if they’d exchange or take back personalized items when there’s defects like that?
View attachment 5633791

View attachment 5633792
A quick update from my side after contacting LV customer service: at first they said they couldn’t replace the passport cover due to the personalization with my initials and that the stitching is completely normal since all items are handmade. I was sooo unhappy with the response from them though…Every time I looked at the cover the only thing I could see was this crooked stitching…So I sent them an email again stating that even though the cover might be handmade it shouldn’t look like that and that for me personally the cover with the crooked stitching looks like a LV counterfeit product. I waited a whole week for a response but in the end they said they would exchange my passport cover. Guys I’m just so relieved and happy. I also told them to please send me a cover without initials so I can check the new cover before hot stamping. I’ll be in Paris in February anyways so I plan on getting the hot stamp there :smile:

I purchased a Speedy 35B in DE from the online LV store. To my surprise, I received these ugly tarnished keys with a dark gold toned lock which does not match the bags hardware at all. For reference, I have posted a comparison with keys that came with another LV bag over a year ago. I sent an email to customer service and am waiting for a reply. Has this ever happened to anyone? If so, what was your outcome?

View attachment 5641460

View attachment 5641462
Wow in my opinion that’s totally unacceptable…what happened to the quality of LV??

I purchased a Speedy 35B in DE from the online LV store. To my surprise, I received these ugly tarnished keys with a dark gold toned lock which does not match the bags hardware at all. For reference, I have posted a comparison with keys that came with another LV bag over a year ago. I sent an email to customer service and am waiting for a reply. Has this ever happened to anyone? If so, what was your outcome?

View attachment 5641460

View attachment 5641462
Hi, I recently purchased a DE Keepall 55 online and they sent me an almost identical to yours tarnished lock and key set. I was annoyed, but I looked up how to remove the tarnish online. I used a toothbrush and toothpaste, and it worked to remove most of the tarnish. I was totally annoyed to have to do that on a brand new purchase, but I just did it myself, because my local boutique is an hour away, and I didn’t want to mess with the online customer service people. Sorry yours came like that too. I don’t use my lock, but still.

• Sad
Reactions: BagLuxLover
EF0E0A12-7E0F-4150-8769-8BA408FA5DE0.jpeg
Hi there ! Is it normal for the inside leather of a key pouch to be cracked ? The exterior of the canvas is fine right now but i’d hate for a hole in the future. The key pouch is over one years old and I typically just keep five cards inside. TIA!

View attachment 5658113
Hi there ! Is it normal for the inside leather of a key pouch to be cracked ? The exterior of the canvas is fine right now but i’d hate for a hole in the future. The key pouch is over one years old and I typically just keep five cards inside. TIA!
That is terrible quality, should take it back to LV to remedy.
Adventure Time GIF

• Haha
Reactions: _vee and Aliluvlv
For those with capucines- do the handle clips rub “ holes” in the lining part? My first capucines returned due to the handle edging bleeding everywhere. Paid a lot of $$$ for this one, now got yukky marks on it. Poor design??!

View attachment 5659061

View attachment 5659062
That looks horrible. Clearly the hardware is rubbing against it.
Originally the Capucines was handheld-only, for a reason. And then they discontinued the GM size and tried multiple ways of attaching a shoulder strap, one worse than the other. I know that it might be less visible on darker bags, or some people are luckier with the hardware movement, but it is not a great design.
Considering the tear and size of the hole, the inside of the leather could very easily have some humidity damage already.

Reactions: _vee and slayer
Happy holidays! I just received my my world tour speedy and was a little disappointed in the stitching and alignment. The alignment bothers me less so. Would the stitching and alignment bother you? Should I try to exchange it for another one? Thanks for your opinion.

B788D90D-842A-4CC6-975C-93E6EB813A60.jpeg

89580638-4F97-4B9C-813C-3BB0D04561E9.jpeg

I recently purchased a key pouch and it was the first time using it the other day. When I was putting my cards in it I noticed the line peeping through some “holes” I noticed that the stitching isn’t as tight on one end. I don’t think it’s going to come apart but would this bother you enough to exchange? I figured I would just use it anyway and it there was any issues in the future with it I would exchange. Pic attached. DC3A5526-E182-49CF-9581-C2E2D217D594.png

I recently purchased a key pouch and it was the first time using it the other day. When I was putting my cards in it I noticed the line peeping through some “holes” I noticed that the stitching isn’t as tight on one end. I don’t think it’s going to come apart but would this bother you enough to exchange? I figured I would just use it anyway and it there was any issues in the future with it I would exchange. Pic attached. View attachment 5660873
Do you mean light peeking through some area from the bottom when you see it from inside your key pouch? If yes, from what I know, it's normal for mono key pouch. It is also possible to find one without any light peeking through. Both are considered normal.

Reactions: AED1127