"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Hi everyone! Need your expert advice. I have the Keepall Bandouliere 25 and my friend just received hers but we noticed that the thread color on the tag is different from mine. We don't know who has the right color and wondering which one has to either return or exchange. This can't be normal, is it? Thank you!

View attachment 5630948
I have this bag and my luggage tag is the same color and stitching as the tag on the right…..The canvas and stitching seem weird to me..

I don't know?!? I've been using my GM for a little more than a month, and I stuff it so it is pretty heavy. I have similar marks mainly on one end, but on the inside surface. I had not noticed until I saw your post.

View attachment 2217833

For now it doesn't bother me but I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the strap marks progressively worsen?!?
So I am a 20 year seamstress and that is from the machine not completely being adjusted. The tension of the machine doing the stitching was off slightly. It should. It affect the performance but is a tad bit ugly

Hello everyone!

I recently received my new personalized passport cover and I noticed major crocked stitching on one side of the cover. Especially on the bottom it’s very bad in my opinion. Now I’m kinda scared LV won’t take it back from me since I got the holder hot stamped even though the stitching is totally off. I already contacted customer service. Waiting for a response now.
Does anybody know if they’d exchange or take back personalized items when there’s defects like that?
43F21719-2AFC-46C4-BC5F-B214339FC44A.jpeg

63EE5795-8037-4D6F-BE32-5EA476C69BF7.jpeg

Is the creasing normal on a 1 year old alma bag? I’m afraid it will crack there. Does anyone know if LV will replace that?

View attachment 5632632
That won't crack, that is just bubbling on the heavily coated leather. But it doesn't look nice. Since the bag is so young, they can give you a new leather strap for the clochette. But even if you don't have a good relationship with an SA or they won't offer one for free, as far as I remember the replacement for that is quite cheap.

Hello everyone!

I recently received my new personalized passport cover and I noticed major crocked stitching on one side of the cover. Especially on the bottom it’s very bad in my opinion. Now I’m kinda scared LV won’t take it back from me since I got the holder hot stamped even though the stitching is totally off. I already contacted customer service. Waiting for a response now.
Does anybody know if they’d exchange or take back personalized items when there’s defects like that?
View attachment 5633791

View attachment 5633792
I don’t think they will consider those as defects. As a precaution, you are always better off ordering without personalization and then after inspecting it you can bring it to a store to be stamped.

Hello everyone!

View attachment 5633791

View attachment 5633792
The policy is that they don't exchange personalized items unless they are really messed up. This is why I only hot stamp items that I got in the store, so I could check them out properly before having them monogrammed. I fear that based on the photos, they won't consider these serious issues and will tell you that they are "handmade" (which is bs of course).

Hi, I managed to get the nano speedy on online and this is my first LV bag.

However, I noticed there are two areas which I’m not sure whether it is normal in the new bag especially the obvious wrinkles on one of the handle side. The other side is just minor and not so noticeable.

Another one is the piping/stitching problem.

Since I’m new to LV, I’m not sure these affected areas will get worsen in future.

81AAA373-E50B-42D2-A975-461DB86BD907.jpeg

1DE8508C-16A3-42A6-A793-DA8323FB8C89.jpeg

B6DA5B4C-A25D-4F6B-ADFA-6E42995AED2E.jpeg

Those handles are terrible. All my Speedy’s handles are smooth and have no ripples. I would NEVER accept a bag that had handles like that. I would return it asap.

However, I noticed there are two areas which I’m not sure whether it is normal in the new bag especially the obvious wrinkles on one of the handle side. The other side is just minor and not so noticeable.

Since I’m new to LV, I’m not sure these affected areas will get worsen in future.

View attachment 5641023

View attachment 5641024

View attachment 5641025

View attachment 5641023

View attachment 5641024

View attachment 5641025
I would personally exchange that piece, the wrinkling on handle is too much and would take away the joy in having the bag. I have some speedy's with slight wrinkling underneath where bent but not to this extent. Hope you can it replaced!

Those handles are terrible. All my Speedy’s handles are smooth and have no ripples. I would NEVER accept a bag that had handles like that. I would return it asap.

I guess I'm unlucky one. I tried to see on other social media (Red) and noticed that those ppl same time day placed order with me have better condition. Not sure is because they collects in store so they can choose.

I can't go store to collect as my city don't have LV store, so I ask for home delivery.

However, I still not understand how come LV can let this bag passed the QC and sent to customer?

I would personally exchange that piece, the wrinkling on handle is too much and would take away the joy in having the bag. I have some speedy's with slight wrinkling underneath where bent but not to this extent. Hope you can it replaced!

I wish I can get an exchange! I called the CS and said I only can have refund because no stock available. Then, I try email to CS and asked me to call CS. Very poor cs experiences I had in luxury brand ever. Dior at least asked local cs to contact me and replaced part.

Slightly wrinkles I can understand but like you said to this extent on my bag, I'm kind of frustrated and disappointed. I'm not sure whether to keep it or return it.