"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Definitely return. That’s not acceptable. This is definitive proof that there’s no difference in quality with MiF vs. elsewhere. That should mean that standards are as high in Spain, Italy or the US as in France but unfortunately it means there’s as good a chance quality will be poor regardless of what the label says. Return and don’t settle for one that isn’t in the condition you’d expect, regardless of the country of origin.

My question is though won’t a new bag also have the leather split/peel at some point just like this one?

My question is though won’t a new bag also have the leather split/peel at some point just like this one?
That’s a lot of lifting on a brand new bag. I’ve had bags for 10 years before that were heavily used that didn’t have leather splitting/lifting like that. It almost looks like it was caught on something that bent the leather tab at the sew mark. I can live with a lot of flaws on handmade items, but I would not accept that.

Reactions: boyoverboard
Not in my experience thus far and I’ve had two Speedys for 5 years+, and other bags for 15+ years. Even if it did happen to mine at some point, I don’t mind so much if something eventually shows wear, that’s somewhat to be expected of any item, but I wouldn’t accept it coming like that when bought brand new.

That’s a lot of lifting on a brand new bag. I’ve had bags for 10 years before that were heavily used that didn’t have leather splitting/lifting like that. It almost looks like it was caught on something that bent the leather tab at the sew mark. I can live with a lot of flaws on handmade items, but I would not accept that.
Yes, agreed. And particularly as these are anything but handmade, it’s unacceptable.

Not in my experience thus far and I’ve had two Speedys for 5 years+, and other bags for 15+ years. Even if it did happen to mine at some point, I don’t mind so much if something eventually shows wear, that’s somewhat to be expected of any item, but I wouldn’t accept it coming like that when bought brand new.

Thanks! I’ll try and exchange for a new one. I didn’t notice this unfortunately until after I got home

Update: was able to exchange for a new one that looks perfect. I got lucky, it’s also made in France!

Last edited:

Have you ever noticed some sort of
Bubbling or a whiter area where they fold the bag? Where the crease is? This is on the new bag I got

F3A862B9-70AB-4361-9268-992554892008.jpeg

Bubbling or a whiter area where they fold the bag? Where the crease is? This is on the new bag I got

View attachment 5419305
That means that the outer covering layer of the canvas is damaged. It can happen over time, and when it gets to be like that, the print underneath comes off super easily. But is should not at all be like that on a brand new bag. 5-10 years, OK. Brand new, absolutely not OK. The signs that this must be returned are multiplying.

This is the new one I got lol!
That means that the outer covering layer of the canvas is damaged. It can happen over time, and when it gets to be like that, the print underneath comes off super easily. But is should not at all be like that on a brand new bag. 5-10 years, OK. Brand new, absolutely not OK. The signs that this must be returned are multiplying.
This is the new one I got lol! The quality control must be going down big time

• Wow
Reactions: Puffin06

View attachment 5419305

The coating seems peeling off. i bought my reverse mono card holder and used it for less than a week when it started the peeling on the corners. i brought it in and the SA told me because of the constant use and putting it in my pockets. But the problem is i just mainly put it in my bag and its only a week old. so the SA talk to his manager and exchange it right away. Now im afraid for my new one so im putting it on its dustbag. it shouldnt happen. i use my zipped card holder everyday and i just toss it in bag but still looks brand new. its been 5yrs.

Exchange the bag while you can.

Reactions: themolarbear
The coating seems peeling off. i bought my reverse mono card holder and used it for less than a week when it started the peeling on the corners. i brought it in and the SA told me because of the constant use and putting it in my pockets. But the problem is i just mainly put it in my bag and its only a week old. so the SA talk to his manager and exchange it right away. Now im afraid for my new one so im putting it on its dustbag. it shouldnt happen. i use my zipped card holder everyday and i just toss it in bag but still looks brand new. its been 5yrs.

Exchange the bag while you can.

I returned the bag and got a store credit. Going to use it for gifts, I feel like I’m done with this brand’s quality control issues. Either that or I’ll have to find a bag with no known QC issues like the alma.

I returned the bag and got a store credit. Going to use it for gifts, I feel like I’m done with this brand’s quality control issues. Either that or I’ll have to find a bag with no known QC issues like the alma.
Sorry to hear that you've had so many problems with the Speedys lately. This is definitely not the norm. Most of their bags are well made. I have many of them and have had no issues.

Sorry to hear that you've had so many problems with the Speedys lately. This is definitely not the norm. Most of their bags are well made. I have many of them and have had no issues.

Must be bad luck, not sure. Every speedy I’ve looked at lately has had bad quality issues. I just saw one today that had strings hanging out of the area where the piping is. Not sure what’s going on

How about leather bags?
I think if i ever get a bag from them, i would rather get a leather bag though no plans for now. I love the canvas but i guess no more for me. Im done caring about it like staying away from alcohol or hand sanitizers. I always use one and im always careful but sometimes its bothersome. Even for my slg’s. i just really wanted a slim card holder from lv so i just went for the reverse card holder.