Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

From photos of a lot of pearl crushes they look more wrinkly than classics, so it's probably within the realm of normal. I'm more concerned about the flap looking crooked in some of the photos and read that pearl crushes in general have very delicate leather, getting worn out corners and edge of the flap within a handfull of wears, and this is a white bag. If these things don't bother you and the only concern is the wrinkle, I'd definitely keep it! Good luck on your decision :smile:

Hi there! I was in Vegas in the last week and casually browsing when I saw a Coco Crush Mini Rectangular in White. I immediately fell in love and decided to purchase and asked for a new one but SA said there is none and the one on display just came out 30 minutes ago. I just opened it back home and wondering if there’s a quality issue with the bag. Not sure if I’m just being crazy or there’s an issue with the bag. The SA also said this is like a unicorn and super hard to get. Welcome to any thoughts or feedback. Thank you!

View attachment 5677506

View attachment 5677507

View attachment 5677508
I agree with the other TPF member that posted above that pearl crush bags tend to have wrinkles in the leather when compared to the lambskin classic flaps. It looks perfectly fine to me. I couldn’t see the wrinkles until I zoomed in. It’s a beautiful bag! Lucky you!

Hi there! I was in Vegas in the last week and casually browsing when I saw a Coco Crush Mini Rectangular in White. I immediately fell in love and decided to purchase and asked for a new one but SA said there is none and the one on display just came out 30 minutes ago. I just opened it back home and wondering if there’s a quality issue with the bag. Not sure if I’m just being crazy or there’s an issue with the bag. The SA also said this is like a unicorn and super hard to get. Welcome to any thoughts or feedback. Thank you!

View attachment 5677506

View attachment 5677507

View attachment 5677508

I cannot see anything, it’s beautiful imo

Reactions: Elle07

View attachment 5677506

View attachment 5677507

View attachment 5677508
It's such a cute bag! Looks fine to me. :smile:

Can someone help me decide if this is “normal wear and tear” or if I should return and ask for some help. I purchased this Chanel 19 WOC November 27 and I noticed the sides are already fading. I understand this should happen but it’s barely been 6 weeks
Any advice would be great?

A4F6A52E-407E-4B0F-A48A-D7837AE1B4B0.jpeg

8DF559F2-7B4A-48B8-88D3-9A18F6314D79.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Grande Latte
Can someone help me decide if this is “normal wear and tear” or if I should return and ask for some help. I purchased this Chanel 19 WOC November 27 and I noticed the sides are already fading. I understand this should happen but it’s barely been 6 weeks

View attachment 5685690

View attachment 5685691

Is it color transfer? If not, I agree, it’s not acceptable to have this level of wear so soon!

It’s on all the corners of the bag.
I have the receipt what should I do? Will they allow a return at the Chanel store ? Or exchange or will they force me to get it “fixed.”

I don’t think it can be returned worn and 6 weeks later. I suppose they could offer another solution if they feel the woc is faulty. I am curious to hear what the boutique says. Keep us posted.

View attachment 5685690

View attachment 5685691
This looks like a normal wear and tear and Chanel will not do anything about it (nor should they as this is truly normal). They can offer a spa service (paid) for the bag.

TL;DR I’m looking for advice/perspectives on whether the discoloration/peeling on the strap of my classic flap are normal signs of wear for a bag that isn’t even a year old.

I purchased my red medium flap (22S) in April last year. This is my one and only Chanel bag, and I’m unsure whether this discoloration and slight peeling on some sections of the chain strap is normal wear. I carry my bag on weekends and nights out (probably 2x a week max). I’m pretty careful with it, always storing in the dust bag when not in use, and wiping down with a clean, barely damp cloth with a few drops of water on it after each use. I got caught in the rain with it once, but dried it off as soon as I could get inside. Is this normal, and what can I do to prevent additional damage? Thanks all.
0F4287E7-CE25-44B5-AF85-372925DB080D.jpeg7839E824-6635-4850-B66B-700280AB9123.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: A bottle of Red
Sorry about your bag. I think it is part of normal wear but to happen so quickly would concern me too. Have you talked to your SA? I would also suggest not using any water at all on your bag even a few drops. Just use the microfiber cloth that came with the bag and dry wipe it. Unless you want to avoid color transfer, then you can use a alcohol free baby wipe to wipe just the back of your bag.
I am sure some of the other members here will have more advice for you.

Reactions: maguskaolinite