Is the Damier Azur too hard to keep clean?

actually i dunno too. just some very faint marks. can you see? one near the bottom of the base. the other below the shiny stud.

DSCF6934.jpg

how to clean the interior of the damien azur? I've read about baby wipes on the canvas. How about the interiors? There is a small greyish stain. I tried cleaning with wet wipes / damp cloth and also the white eraser. Seems like doesn't work.

I don't recommend this unless you are running out of options.
However, I washed it with a tiny bit of dish detergent and water ( I spoiled half can grape soda in it and I was desperate ).
The bag survived and I am super happy about it.:biggrin:

I have the Figheri PM tote in Azur on hold at the LV Store but I am hesitant to buy it because two of my friends and one SA told me it is hard to keep clean. I LOVE the bag and it is what I'm looking for but it only comes in azur.

FYI: I can't decide on whether to keep my Cabas Rosebery Damier (just launched Feb. 1st) or return it for the Figheri! Help!

I have an Azur Stresa PM and I've used it a lot since I bought it in August. It still looks brand new and I don't have any color transfers (I've used it while wearing dark colors like teal, black, navy blue...).

My Azur Galliera from 2009 still looks great and I've had my Azur Speedy 35 for a year --no issues at all! No stains or color transfer. I haven't treated them either and the patina is nice and even.

Short answer: does it get dirty easily: yes.

I used 3 coats of kiwi spray (leather protect) on the vachetta to help prevent water and dirt marks, and clean it occasionally, then respray. But marking or dirtying the vachetta is inevitable. So then you have to clean it off.... again.

I also have a small line of colour transfer on the bottom of my hampstead - where the bottom has rubbed against the top of my jeans.

Overall, I think this will be my only azur purchase. Its nice for summer - but with all the issues, I don't think I will buy another azur bag.

My azur Galliera still looks very nice on the canvas...the vachetta has developed a patina quickly, but the canvas is lovely. In fact, I was bag shopping with a friend last month and a SA in one of the handbag shops stopped and gushed over my bag and talked about how clean it looks even though I have had it for about a year. No issues with jeans transfer, and it goes with just about everything!

i don't have any azur pieces, but my SA showed me the illustration mini pochette few days back (their display piece), and boy, it turned pale yellow. Could be from the touch of customers which caused it, but it definitely made me sad to see the lovely azur illustration mini pochette turn out this way :shucks:

Queen Lobo: Did you make your decision yet? Did you buy the bag? :graucho:

Two days ago I took the plunge and purchased the new Figheri PM tote in Azure (my first Azure). I am searching all over the forums for info on this "color transfer" issue or how dirty the canvas could get. If I hear people say it is a problem, I'm taking it back while I can. (I'm not using it yet.) The style and size of the GM meets my needs. I just wish I could find out if LV will release it later in Mono.

I called the 800 Vuitton # and they said they "don't know" what's coming out, but that they see no information available that it is going to be done in Mono "anytime soon". Probably a standard answer they tell everyone.

Now.... WHO out there would know if the Figheri is later going to come out in Mono...like say this Fall/Winter season of 2012? Does anybody somehow get to know? I want to use it as my (most) everyday bag this summer, but my time to be able to return the Azure Figheri GM will soon run out.

Meantime...I will keep searching more of the forums. ;) Thank you!