Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome new members. It seems like we have a fair number of science/medicine/engineering types in BV (myself included). I wonder if the technical aspect of the craftsmanship is what sucks us in to the brand?

Have fun in BV! It really does not matter if you have a single BV bag, this is a welcoming group.

Hello Everyone,

I got my first BV over Christmas and seem to be hooked so thought I would introduce myself.

Resides: Northern California

Occupation/ Industry: Engineer/Hi Tech

Favorite brand: LV until this new bag ;)

Hobbies: my 18 month old baby girl

Favorite drink: Diet Coke
Favorite food: seafood and pasta

Favorite TV show: don't watch TV much

Odd thing about me: Chinese but don't read or speak Chinese

Things that scare me: reptiles and especially snakes! I admire the BV snakeskin items from afar...very, very far
Current obsessions: trying to decide what color and kind of BV wallet I should get

Welcome, Dom_mom! You will love it here...Bvettes are wonderful to hang around with..they are full of knowledge about BV and a lot of fun...post of picture of your new bag..we would love to see it.

Hello everyone! I'm super new here - just started reading this purse forum and joined it a few days ago. I used to hate those girls who carried designer bags to school (usually those who study business) because I found it inappropriate to be so "dressy" as a student. As for myself, I was proud of having a huge backpack on my back with my laptop in it... being a nerd.

Well, maybe "hate" is too strong a word, but I was simply not into designer bags at all (WAS!) though I did have a lot of bags in different style and colours to match with my clothes.

I still remember how I agreed with my ex-boyfriend that there were some solid qualities in his $2000 camera that made it worth the amount of money that it costed while a designer bag didn't have anything but a NAME to make it worth that much.

Who knew years later... I've become one of those girls... and here I am...... obsessed with designer handbags and shoes... and when asked if I wanted a new laptop to replace my 5-year-old one or a handbag for Christmas present, I'd rather get a bag and be stuck with a dying computer than having a new computer but no bag. You know? I spend 90% of my time on my computer; obviously, it's an important part of my life; but a bag simply weighs more in my heart. I think I'm sick. :sick:

All I can say is... we are just innate with this bag and shoe lust - sooner or later it will get to you. The problem to me, however, is I don't make a lot of money; so I always wonder if all these bags that I like too much a luxury for me. And as a Christian, am I too materialistic? I don't have an answer to these questions yet… but really… sometimes these bags are just like a piece of art to me… like BV's woven leather goods, I'm head over heels in love with them. I don't know why… but somehow I really admire their design and craftsmanship.

Sorry! I didn't mean to give such a long speech before giving an official introduction, but I'm really happy to be here. I don't have a BV yet, but hopefully, it will be my next bag.

Resides: Canada

Occupation/ Industry: Service and some CS

Favorite brands: Bottega Veneta, Gucci, Burberry, Prada

Hobbies: Online Shopping (I have a serious problem with it.)

Favorite drink: ice lemon tea, sweet soy milk, mojito

Favorite food: broccoli, chocolates

Favorite TV show: Friends

Odd things about me: Hard to fall asleep and extremely hard to be waken up.

Things that scare me:
Snakes, so I never like any kind of snake skin bags, be it just the print or real skin.
When I was small, my aunt told me something she saw on the newspaper: someone in Australia had some big snake as a pet, at one point they decided not to keep it anymore, so they flushed it away in the toilet. That snake somehow ended up in someone else's toilet.... well... that's all I remember about the story; but after I heard this story from my aunt, there was a very long time that I always had to look into the toilet bowl when I was in the middle of doing #1 or #2 for fear that there might be a snake swimming its way there. This story is not what made me so scared of snakes... but you can see how paranoid I can get when it comes to ... s..n...a...k...e...s

Current obsessions: Sales, Online Shopping, Woven Leather (only BV's because others don't seem original)

Resides: Germany

Occupation/ Industry: postal service

Favorite brand:
- Clothes Etro
- Bags Bottega Veneta

Hobbies: music,
fashion, shopping, internet, sports

Favorite drink: water
Favorite food: Italian, Indian and Thai food

Favorite TV show: at the moment none really, otherwise Mad Men

Odd things about me: nothing to write home about

Things that scare me: diving platforms

Current obsessions: decluttering

Hi everyone! New poster to the forums, although I've lurked for little while. I'm also new to BV as I do not own one yet, but I am seriously starting to fall for it.

Resides: California

Occupation/ Industry: Marketing

Favorite brands:
Clothing - I love being comfortable and casual so brands like Vince and Rag & Bone are right up my alley.
Bags - Chanel, Dior, and now BV.
Makeup - Chanel, Dior, Burberry, Le Metier de Beaute, too many others..!

Hobbies: Shopping, cosmetics and skincare.

Favorite drink: matcha latte, iced coffee

Favorite food: This changes all the time.. but for the moment I'm going to have to say beef tartare, bacon, eggs, and guacamole.

Favorite TV show: Friends.

Odd things about me: I'm at the age where I am told often that I should/will want a baby, but I've never been into children. I won't even blink an eye at a kid no matter how cute, but I will go into full out babbling baby-talk mode when shown an adorable puppy or kitten.

Things that scare me: I'm really weak sauce when it comes to large spiders and stinging insects, but I don't do well with bugs in general. I also can't watch scary movies.

Current obsessions: Finding a cute white/beige bag for spring/summer months, finding a pair of flats that aren't actively trying to kill my feet, and finding a new wallet that is durable yet luxurious at the same time.

Resides: northern CA

Occupation/ Industry: law

Favorite brands: missoni + bottega veneta

Hobbies: running, NPR news, politics, yoga, good convo

Favorite drink: iced water + iced tea

Favorite food: fresh whipped cream

Favorite TV show: 60 Minutes + Mad Men

Odd things about me: i have twins

Things that scare me: heights, flying, car crashes

Current obsessions: bottega veneta old pyramid + missoni crocheted knits & cashmere + piazza sempione blazers (tres Italian luxury !)

With so many of us here from California, I'm surprised that I do not see more BVs "in the wild". Just not that too many hanging out at kids parks I guess :smile:

There are many tPF BVettes in Nor Cal. Our territory in the wild covers a large area - Sacramento down to the Silicon Valley. Welcome to our group.

With so many of us here from California, I'm surprised that I do not see more BVs "in the wild". Just not that too many hanging out at kids parks I guess :smile:
So true, Dom_Mom ~ Although I made a deal with myself to start carrying leather again once my twins turn 1 (we'll celebrate with a trip to the park!).
Just last week I did eye-spy a gorgeous Cabat in Nero carried by a lovely + elegant woman, advanced in years. I could not believe my eyes.

I just got my first BV and it won't be the last. I wanted a Veneta large in Lilac and I found one and it's beautiful and very close to perfect. I'm in love.

Resides: Fresno CA

Occupation/ Industry: Mom right now.... MA in Sociology

Favorite brand:
Bottega Veneta, Mulberry and Reed Krakoff

Hobbies: Music, Fashion, Shopping, Movies, and Reading

Favorite drink: Ice Tea

Favorite food: Cheeseburger

Favorite TV show: Don't have just one

Odd things about me: I wear all black most of the time. My color is my bag

Things that scare me: small places

Current obsessions: selling old purses

Resides: Germany

Occupation/ Industry: Energy: commercial project manager

Favorite brands: Bottega Veneta, Mulberry

Hobbies: family (married, one daughter of 4.5), running (currently getting back in shape for my next marathon), crotcheting (my secret obesession :biggrin:)

Favorite drink: coffee, good water, italian red wine

Favorite food: sushi, mozzarella

Favorite TV show: Gilmore Girls

Odd things about me: ???

Things that scare me: glass floors (think CN tower)

Current obsessions: getting more Campanas

Resides
: Kuwait

Occupation/ Industry
: Media & Graphic Designer

Favorite brand
:
- Clothes
Etro , Maxmara, Hermes , Antonio Maras, Ro. Cavalli , Lanvin, Moschino, Anna Sui, Vera Wang, Alexander McQueen, (everything heheh)

- Bags
Bottega Veneta, Hermes, chanel, LV, Mulberry Alexa, ysant laurent, Prada, Dior, Loongchamp , D&G, Bally, ya maybe more cant remember.

Hobbies: Traveling,
fashion, shopping, internet, sports, Watch collectors got a collection.

Favorite drink: water
Favorite food
: Italian, Chines , French, Japaneses, and any food that taste good :smile:

Favorite TV show
: I watch everything bunch of good ones but at the moment Gossip Girl & Vampire diaries.

Odd things about me
: ammm I dont like soups lool

Things that scare me
: insects and loosing loved ones

Current obsessions
: Watching Series. buying Watches, check places for traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.