Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to this forum but look forward to learning a lot from all of you. I recently bought my first BV and this last month have purchased several more. Since I am a bit of a minimalist, I won't be collecting lots of bags. I plan to just buy the ones I love (and can afford) and use them every day.
I forgot to add that my love of accessories stems from the fact that they fit no matter what my weight it!

Also, I am jut learning how to use this site and didn't mean to add the quote in my previous post. Oops.

Welcome to BV, and to the Purse Forum! There will be a learning curve, so don't worry about it.

I try to put tips or instructions in the first post of a thread, so for example "how to" in the Authenticate this thread, or what to do in a reference thread.

Please remember, you can PM me whenever you need help or have a question. I am more than happy to help.

Most of all - have fun! We all have different opinions, yet so much in common, and lots to share. It is a great group of women and men!

welcome to your new addiction diane278
I didn't think I would be collecting things either
but now own 2 bags 3 pair of shoes 2 belts 1 ring 1 document case 1 cosmetic and 1 wallet
I hardly ever change handbags so I didn't think I would ever need more than 1

I'm new to TPF and the info I found in the BV forum actually helped me with my first BV purchase!

Resides : Anne Arundel County, Maryland

Occupation/ Industry : Formerly IT but now the more rewarding career of "stay at home mom"

Favorite brand :
-Clothes: I buy what I like...no preference
-Bags: my new love Bottega Veneta...Gucci, Balenciaga, LV, Foley & Corinna and Oryany

Hobbies: Reading, shopping online

Favorite drink: Coke from the fountain...tastes so much better than the bottle or can. Also my new discover...Chocolate Rouge. It's a red wine mixed with chocolate...sounds gross but it is fantastic!

Favorite food : Mac&Cheese, anything West Indian (Caribbean), Italian or Mexican

Favorite TV show : True Blood, NCIS, Law & Order Criminal Intent, Suits and Political Animals

Odd things about me : I hate to be HOT...my house stays at 69 degrees...my kids wear winter pjs all year long..lol. Family and friends know to bring a jacket or sweater when they visit. My DH sleeps with the comforter over his head because I have the ceiling fan on!

Things that scare me : Not being able to move...had a spinal block for a surgery once and couldn't move my legs and I completely freaked out...they medicated me quickly...lol.

Current obsessions : BV and buying my next BV! David Yurman jewelry and I love well made watches...I won't say how many I have...

vplind said:
I'm new to TPF and the info I found in the BV forum actually helped me with my first BV purchase!

Occupation/ Industry : Formerly IT but now the more rewarding career of "stay at home mom"

Favorite brand :
-Bags: my new love Bottega Veneta...Gucci, Balenciaga, LV, Foley & Corinna and Oryany

Favorite drink: Coke from the fountain...tastes so much better than the bottle or can. Also my new discover...Chocolate Rouge. It's a red wine mixed with chocolate...sounds gross but it is fantastic!

Favorite food : Mac&Cheese, anything West Indian (Caribbean), Italian or Mexican

Favorite TV show : True Blood, NCIS, Law & Order Criminal Intent, Suits and Political Animals

Odd things about me : I hate to be HOT...my house stays at 69 degrees...my kids wear winter pjs all year long..lol. Family and friends know to bring a jacket or sweater when they visit. My DH sleeps with the comforter over his head because I have the ceiling fan on!

Things that scare me : Not being able to move...had a spinal block for a surgery once and couldn't move my legs and I completely freaked out...they medicated me quickly...lol.

Current obsessions : BV and buying my next BV! David Yurman jewelry and I love well made watches...I won't say how many I have...

Hi and welcome!

Wanted to share how freaked out i was too when I had a spinal for my first c-section- being a physician you would have thought I'd be more mentally prepared but nothing prepares u for the sensation of being completely paralyzed from the chest down. I had a near panic attack after the spinal set in. Being a neurologist myself who does see paralyzed patients in the course of my practice, I had a whole new sense of compassion for them. Ours was temporary and reversible, but for some- tragically permanent. Many I have met are truly brave souls.

Anyways, you're not wierd for feeling "warm" all the time. (maybe u have a more active metabolic rate than others? Hope not an overactive thyroid!) my hubby is the same and even though we live in the tropics I am permanently in sweaters at home.

Welcome once again to the BV club!

slang27 said:
Hi and welcome!

Wanted to share how freaked out i was too when I had a spinal for my first c-section- being a physician you would have thought I'd be more mentally prepared but nothing prepares u for the sensation of being completely paralyzed from the chest down. I had a near panic attack after the spinal set in. Being a neurologist myself who does see paralyzed patients in the course of my practice, I had a whole new sense of compassion for them. Ours was temporary and reversible, but for some- tragically permanent. Many I have met are truly brave souls.

Anyways, you're not wierd for feeling "warm" all the time. (maybe u have a more active metabolic rate than others? Hope not an overactive thyroid!) my hubby is the same and even though we live in the tropics I am permanently in sweaters at home.

Welcome once again to the BV club!

Thank you for the welcome!!

You wouldn't know it until you experience it but not being able to move your legs even when you are telling your brain to move them is SCARY! I have so much respect for people who are paralyzed.

By the way, it's a running joke in my family and among my friends about "heading to the Arctic" when they come to my house... My stance is it's easier for them to warm up then it is for me to cool down!!

I'm so happy to be a part of the BV club and thanks again for the welcome.

I'm really looking forward to my first BV purchase! I'm thinking either the Large/Maxi Intrecciato Nappa Veneta or the Intrecciato Nappa Campana Bag. Also, I'm not sure if I want to go with Nero or Shadow. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Resides : Taipei, Taiwan

Occupation/ Industry : Graphic Design

Favorite brand :
- Clothes: Eileen Fisher, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren
- Bags: BV, Gucci, LV, Celine

Hobbies: Reading & Shopping

Favorite drink: Coffee & Tea Lattes

Favorite food : Ice cream and anything spicy (Thai, Chinese, Indian)

Favorite TV shows : CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Body of Proof, Rizzoli & Isles & Fringe.

Things that scare me : Heights

Current obsessions : Trying to decide which BV to buy! :wondering

Favorite brand :

yay for Anne Arundel County! I'm originally from Calvert County, though I live in Northern Virginia now :smile: Welcome!

Hi BVettes, I've been lurking here for quite some time and thought I should probably introduce myself...

Resides: Northern Nevada, near Lake Tahoe

Occupation/ Industry: Government administration

Favorite brand:
Clothes - Carolina Herrera, Anne Fontaine
Bags - Bottega Veneta, Hermes

Hobbies: Stand Up Paddleboarding, Pilates, Yoga

Favorite drink: Chocolate milk :smile:
Favorite food: Good cheese

Favorite TV show: Not much of a TV watcher, but did enjoy Big Love while it lasted.

Odd things about me: I worked producing large-scale events for many years, but HATE to be in large crowds.

Things that scare me: Wildfires

Current obsessions: Refining my personal style to reflect my age and a recent job promotion.

Resides: US
Industry: Media
Favorite brand: Chanel
Hobby: Violin
Favorite drink: Tea
Favorite food: Sushi
Favorite TV show: Nova
Something odd about me: I like super cheap and way too expensive :heart:
Something that scares me: Sticky restaurant tables
Current obsession: Platinum bangles

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all :blush:

Last edited: