intel from Saks ....

Also it is about time they give nicer boes. Mine fall apart. I have a few bags that must have the nice new boxes, they are thicker and fold like a real box. But what really matters is whats inside the box . LOL. Nice to know they are improving quality on boxes and not bags!

Do they think that a better box will make us overlook the price increases!? :lolots:

btw, anyone please tell me the price of the vintage flaps which I cannot find in the current worldwide price?.. TIA!:P

Prices will vary according to condition, colour and whether it has any extras: sticker, card, carebooklet, dustbag or box. Best to look at the completed listings on ebay to get an idea of the range. Good luck.

I spoke to the SA and asked about the double flaps in the jumbos. From what she heard, there seems to be a keen interest in the extra flap from customers. I guess there must be some justification as to why HQ would want to do this. It's also worth noting that there are many many Chanel lovers who are not part of the tfp forum.

I'm probably one of the oddballs here in the forum because I like the idea of the double flap on Jumbos (not so much the new price). I prefer having the separate areas in my purse. I like the front slit pocket, the 3 small open pockets, and the large back hidden compartment below the flap and behind the main open area that the double flaps have.

I'm probably one of the oddballs here in the forum because I like the idea of the double flap on Jumbos (not so much the new price). I prefer having the separate areas in my purse. I like the front slit pocket, the 3 small open pockets, and the large back hidden compartment below the flap and behind the main open area that the double flaps have.

It'll be like the reissue 227 and 228, which I love. In fact, I use my 227 more than my jumbos, so maybe I would love the double flap.

I agree with Lady Sarah. I do not think of Hermes as superior compared to Chanel. In my view, they are just more expensive, some things at outrageous point that makes me think of Chanel prices reasonable even with recent price increases. And while I do like some things from Hermes, most of their goods are just simply not attractive enough, especially at their jaw dropping price.

Of course I do not welcome more price increases but really, it is not that surprising news. I'm definitely buying less (and have been doing so lately) but I doubt I'd stop.