intel from Saks ....

Also it is about time they give nicer boes. Mine fall apart. I have a few bags that must have the nice new boxes, they are thicker and fold like a real box. But what really matters is whats inside the box . LOL. Nice to know they are improving quality on boxes and not bags!
improves boxes and not bags, Jesus Christ! I feel sick:yucky:

The new price point for jumbos and maxis is above my comfort zone in any handbag. For me, Hermes does not work, have owned them and as gorgeous as they look, they are not my style and not for me, and their price point is, again, way above my comfort zone...........

Will start looking at Chanel's non-classics, since, TG I have enough of the classics......actually, have found several of the non-classics are some of my most used and like chanels.

ITA!!!! I too have owned Hermes and while the colors were gorgeous and I liked the hand-finished touch to the bags, they were way too heavy and not really me. And I'm appalled by the lack of customer service/snootiness of the Hermes stores. No matter where I am in the world, SAs at Hermes seem to think they're god, except for this really nice SA at a Hermes store in the airport of Kuala Lumper, Malaysia.
When I'm in my 60's though, I can see myself carrying a soft Kelly...with gorgeous, simple cashmere coat and with silver hair:biggrin: But then again, I probably will have even more of weight issues with bags that it may not happen.
Besides, the prices of Hermes had gone insanely up in the past 10 years....Birkin used to be $5K back in the day, now it's almost doubled!!!!!

So it's not just Chanel raising prices crazily...

I'll still buy Chanel, just not Jumbos anymore...and I will be A LOT more selective with my purchases:smile:

I have a box from Chanel London which is very sturdy, not like the Paris rue Cambon white one. Are you talking about that one? If so, I do like it.

So... The classic jumbos in black with gold/silver hardware will no longer be there anymore? :sad: the 'new' classic will have double flaps? That kinda defeats the originality of chanel's classics..

So... The classic jumbos in black with gold/silver hardware will no longer be there anymore? :sad: the 'new' classic will have double flaps? That kinda defeats the originality of chanel's classics..

Actually not really......the original design had the double flap and is a medium/large. Jumbos were added in later years to meet demand of those who require roomier bags. Then came the maxi for those who feel the jumbo is not quite big enough. Chanel Corp is probably trying to revert back to old design intention and at the same time, make more money and using the double flap as an excuse for accomplishing this. :P

^except why fix something that isn't broken?! Lol!
We like our jumbos and maxis because they aren't overly heavy and now with a clumsy double flap...they will be heavier AND harder to get into...
Chanel is really missing the boat here

Thanks so much for the pic, BB! When I ordered the black one through the NM catalog, the lady I spoke with quoted me $1,740 plus tax. Then, after two days, she called me back and told me it was back ordered. I am going to play in Chanel on Saturday to see it IRL. it is so cute!

yes that IS very funny! I do think though that the quality of the classic bags is superb and I do not see HERMES as superior. Heavier maybe....Also the classic is such a great DESIGN bag, not called classic for nothing. It looks at home during the day with jeans or with couture evening wear. You cannot say that about HERMES. Some of the seasonal bags are not quite as high quality but I guess that's why they are seasonal. And really the prices some people charge for 'vintage' (which sometimes is just a euphemism for USED), I do not see why CHANEL would not keep raising their own prices...

good points... i share the same as well... i realize i'm only wanting the big H just because it is H. nevertheless, out of all the styles, the kelly is the 1 i admire the most as i feel it is closest to the elegance of a classic chanel.

last month when I went to soho boutique, the sales person told me that there will not be a price increase in November. they said: we just had an price increase, it will be ridiculous if we increase the price in November again.
look what they did....

actually I'm personally fine with an inside flap for the jumbo, but i'm not ok with such a crazy price increase. I just got a m/l this month, and I was planning to get a beige clair jumbo. But if they keep increasing the price, I will not be comfortable with buying it anymore.