intel from Saks ....

Wow, this is very upsetting news esp. when I am getting ready to buy my first Chanel! I just want to be sure I am getting this.....soon Chanel will no longer make the single Jumbo flap (that is the current style) at all, correct??

Sad news!

My SA said that Karl believes there is no difference in his bags and Hermes...they are made in the same factory and are of similar quality. (I'm doubting that the statement about the factory is true - I'm sure the experts will weigh in on this - and the walk of fame tote defect doesn't say much about their quality control. Anyhoo, I asked her if she knew what he's been smoking lately. Apparently the "compete with Hermes" message is getting around.

Glad you enjoyed the afternoon!

Karl must be on some serious drugs. He only wishes the classic iron (crack) bags were made by Hermes. Hello dude Karl, go to YouTube and see how a Hermes purse is made. It is freaking handstitched, flipped inside out versus cut by a robotic machine! Now that the dark fairy dust has blown over . . .

For those thinking of Hermes and nix due to the weight of the purse, chevre (goat) is lighter than say togo or clemence -- much lighter. Zip thee over to the H board and start researching the different leathers. Of course size of the purse also is a weight factor. For the shoulder purse lover, H makes them too, Constance is a gorgeous example. I'm still an advocate of buying pre-loved, on sale. So long Chanel, it was nice knowing . . .

I'm still an advocate of buying pre-loved, on sale.

That is me, too. I stopped buying LV years ago and turned to Hermes but only pre-loved. I am sick of making others rich on my dollar. These price increase by all the companies are insane and not justifiable, IMHO.

Karl must be on some serious drugs. He only wishes the classic iron (crack) bags were made by Hermes. Hello dude Karl, go to YouTube and see how a Hermes purse is made. It is freaking handstitched, flipped inside out versus cut by a robotic machine! Now that the dark fairy dust has blown over . . .

For those thinking of Hermes and nix due to the weight of the purse, chevre (goat) is lighter than say togo or clemence -- much lighter. Zip thee over to the H board and start researching the different leathers. Of course size of the purse also is a weight factor. For the shoulder purse lover, H makes them too, Constance is a gorgeous example. I'm still an advocate of buying pre-loved, on sale. So long Chanel, it was nice knowing . . .

Hehe, I like the way you said it. I'm done with Chanel bags too. When it comes down to a showdown between C and H, there's no comparison. I really love the Kelly more than the Birkin and the trim is so practical.

LOL Does Karl even know how to use a computer? With all due respect the man is a genius in ladies clothing, especially tweed jackets however I don't think he devotes as much attention to the hangbags as ladies wear. Maybe this is a good thing as I can now focus on RTW.

Hehe, I like the way you said it. I'm done with Chanel bags too. When it comes down to a showdown between C and H, there's no comparison. I really love the Kelly more than the Birkin and the trim is so practical.

Sophie, you would look so magnificent with a kelly! Weight and capacity-wise, the kelly 28/30 is comparable to a jumbo. You know you need one. :graucho:

In some fairness to Karl, he doesn't set the prices BUT if indeed he thinks H and C handbags are made the same, in the same factory -- he is only fooling himself and blowing smoke up ne'er mind where.

Yes, he is gifted in line and design. If he kept his mouth zipped in business matters and things he knows nada, he just might keep his genius intact.

Never say never to H naysayers; for that matter never say never about anything.

A 28 Kelly holds way more than the m/l "icon" classic or what's its name. And there are a few new H colors appearing one of which is Iris (purple) and it is drop to the floor gorgeous.

The double flaps on jumbos and Maxis and the price increases have been known for a couple of months, starting with Cruise 2011.

The new price point for jumbos and maxis is above my comfort zone in any handbag. For me, Hermes does not work, have owned them and as gorgeous as they look, they are not my style and not for me, and their price point is, again, way above my comfort zone...........

Will start looking at Chanel's non-classics, since, TG I have enough of the classics......actually, have found several of the non-classics are some of my most used and like chanels.

In some fairness to Karl, he doesn't set the prices BUT if indeed he thinks H and C handbags are made the same, in the same factory -- he is only fooling himself and blowing smoke up ne'er mind where.

Yes, he is gifted in line and design. If he kept his mouth zipped in business matters and things he knows nada, he just might keep his genius intact.

Never say never to H naysayers; for that matter never say never about anything.

A 28 Kelly holds way more than the m/l "icon" classic or what's its name. And there are a few new H colors appearing one of which is Iris (purple) and it is drop to the floor gorgeous.

i saw a bag in iris at the h boutique recently and it was absolutely stunning!! wouldn't a birkin in iris be wonderful! but i think i'll always be a chanel girl at heart. i'm just sad the jumbo flaps will now have double flaps--as if they aren't already heavy enough! i don't think i'll leave chanel because of the (nutty) changes...i just will be more selective.