Home & Garden IKEA lovers thread!

I have the Hemnes bookcase with glass doors for my shoe collection, and we are going to get the Hemnes bed frame soon (our closest Ikea is about 1.5 hours away).

Here's a photo of my "shoecase." I bought these amazing glass with gold decoration at a local store. The pink piggy on top says: Feed the Shoe Fund. :smile:

I love it!!! And that pig!!! :heart:

I love Ikea, it's on my way home from work. I went there on Monday and bought a 6x9 flat woven rug for my room. We have a lot of furniture in our house from Ikea. I plan on buying the billy book cases w/ the doors for my closet.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IKEA!!!! Everything in my bedroom is ikea furniture and textiles, the same with my closet! Even our mattress is an ikea hjartdel and it is the most comfiest thing in the world! My dbf best friends work at Ikea so whenever we want something new they buy it for us and get us the discount!

I used to have a Hemnes dresser, the tall one with the two small drawers on top but since my dbf moved in and we needed a queen size bed I had to let it go. I can't wait until we move out and I can get all Hemnes furniture again! :graucho:

I will post pics of my closet and bedroom later today!

one thing i WILL be getting next time i'm at ikea is this bowl. now that it's only $20. it used to be $30 and i just couldn't get myself to spend that much for a decorative bowl. i've wanted it for years!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90110061/
wpgsj.jpg

I love that bowl! It is sold out at my Ikea in stainless steel but available in white.

I love that bowl! It is sold out at my Ikea in stainless steel but available in white.

oh no!!! i better start checking stock online!
i wasn't even aware it was available in white... i might like that better!
are they the same price? they tend to put different versions of their stuff on sale.

oh no!!! i better start checking stock online!
i wasn't even aware it was available in white... i might like that better!
are they the same price? they tend to put different versions of their stuff on sale.

They are the same price. My DD and I liked the stainless steel better but the white could work depending on your decor. I am going to check back today as the stainless should be available now.

I agree.

This week at my local Ikea the Hemnes dresser was on sale for 29,99 euros! Couldn't believe it! It retails for over 200 euros. Too bad the white version was not on sale or I would have camped out of the Ikea store to buy it! :biggrin: Pic attached (credit: IKEA website).

This is on clearance at the Paramus NJ location for $199 but only in black/ brown. Im wondering if I can sand it then paint it antique white.

I went to my local IKEA today. In the last call section I've found the pink Fabrina bedspread I wanted for 50% off. It was a display item but I've already machine washed it and it's perfect.

fabrinacopriletto011399.jpg

(photo: Ikea website)

I also bought a couple of guest towels for 0,30€ each. I didn't find the fabric I wanted but the lady there told me they were going to re-stock it this week.... so... :graucho:

DH and I finally unpacked and put together the glass (coffee/tv bench) table we bought a few months ago for 10 euros. It's huge and I still don't know where to place it. Name is LÖTTORP. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Love the bedspread! That is gorgeous!

I have the Hemnes bookcase with glass doors for my shoe collection, and we are going to get the Hemnes bed frame soon (our closest Ikea is about 1.5 hours away).

Here's a photo of my "shoecase." I bought these amazing glass with gold decoration at a local store. The pink piggy on top says: Feed the Shoe Fund. :smile:

Absolutely LOVE the shoecase! That's a fantastic idea! I, unfortunately, do not have such a beautiful collection of CL's to display in a case... only one pair so far. I do need something like that for handbags though :graucho:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IKEA!!!! Everything in my bedroom is ikea furniture and textiles, the same with my closet! Even our mattress is an ikea hjartdel and it is the most comfiest thing in the world! My dbf best friends work at Ikea so whenever we want something new they buy it for us and get us the discount!

I used to have a Hemnes dresser, the tall one with the two small drawers on top but since my dbf moved in and we needed a queen size bed I had to let it go. I can't wait until we move out and I can get all Hemnes furniture again! :graucho:

I will post pics of my closet and bedroom later today!

So lucky!!! :graucho:

Can't wait!

I love Ikea, it's on my way home from work. I went there on Monday and bought a 6x9 flat woven rug for my room. We have a lot of furniture in our house from Ikea. I plan on buying the billy book cases w/ the doors for my closet.

oh wow... on the way home from work??? that would be WAY too dangerous for me lol