Home & Garden IKEA lovers thread!

One of the few things I am looking forward to with my move is getting a few things at Ikea. :P I am hoping the 3-tiered, turquoise cart that I saw in the catalog will work in my new bathroom or kitchen! I will also need to buy some shelving and/or a hanging rack to supplement clothing storage. I may finally get my Expedit shelves I have wanted for years but never had a reason to get, ha.

Hi everybody!

I need to know if the Arås chair, sold by IKEA about ten years earlier, has a lockable tilt function.
I bought this chair in a second-hand market at a very cheap price. I noticed that the height mechanism worked fine, as well as the tilt tension (adjustable by the classic large round knob).
There is only one lever for adjusting height (up and down movement) and tilt (pushing in or pulling out to lock or unlock the chair's tilt). But I realized that once the chair gets reclined, it's not possible to lock the chair's tilt. Only when the chair is in the upright position does the tilt lock work. Is it normal?
Substantially, the backrest reclines but it's not possible to lock it in a backward-tilt position.
So, my question is pretty simple: does Arås chair have only the tilt function with adjustable tilt tension without a tilt lock (except for the vertical position)?
Thanks in advance for your help!

There is an IKEA branch quite near here.

In Walldorf near Heidelberg in Germany.

But I cannot say that I am a IKEA lover.

What I sometimes like is the Swedish food in the cafeteria there. :smile:

Have any Angeleno TPFers been to the new IKEA in Burbank yet? I wish someone had warned me beforehand to take a Xanax and to pack snacks in my purse...what I thought would be a standard 1 hour trip (I'm the queen of the speedwalk in-and-out) ended up as three hours of navigating what must be the most extreme home goods labyrinth known to man, even by IKEA standards! It was like an American Gladiators course of home decor. When I finally reached the cash registers I was literally sweating and felt much like I imagine Lewis and Clark did when they finally reached the Pacific...

Reactions: Bags_4_life
I love the Hemnes line, too. I've been lusting after the vanity table for the longest time but my current bedroom is just too small.

(image credit: Ikea website)
I have the Hemnes vanity for our new bedroom. I was looking for a new white dresser that we wouldn't have to assemble and having a hard time. So many shades of white. I think we're going to go get the Hemnes dresser. DH said he'd rather assemble than go shopping again.
SAM_0059.JPG

I have the Hemnes vanity for our new bedroom. I was looking for a new white dresser that we wouldn't have to assemble and having a hard time. So many shades of white. I think we're going to go get the Hemnes dresser. DH said he'd rather assemble than go shopping again.
SAM_0059.JPG
I have had two of these in my bedroom since at least 2008 and both are still in excellent condition!

I just got these Skubb boxes for the dresser. Nice turquoise color and only $6.99 for all six.
0400278_PE564418_S3.JPG

Also got this box to use inside bathroom cabinet. Got this in black. They all come in black/white/blue.
skubb-box-with-compartments-blue__0400282_PE564192_S4.JPG

Reactions: Fahiondecor