Home & Garden IKEA lovers thread!

So here are the pics of my dbf's bedroom and closet. It is a super super small room, so we tried making the best of the space ;) lol Even our duvet and pillows are from IKEA! Oh and we live with my parents, hence the blue walsl...we are not allowed paint them and the desk in the bedroom (there is nowhere else I can concentrate.)

BEDROOM:

IMG_0025 by layd3k, on Flickr

IMG_0026 by layd3k, on Flickr

IMG_0027 by layd3k, on Flickr

Walk-in Closet. Dbf and I re-did it in February. Originally we wanted a PAX wardrobe, but being the girl that I am, I wanted something where I could display my little designer goodies. I wish we went with PAX, but I will never tell dbf that because he wanted it more than these billy bookcases and that rack in our room! haha lol

IMG_0029 by layd3k, on Flickr

IMG_0030 by layd3k, on Flickr

Unfortunently, there always tends to be clutter on the little bookshelf part. I should try to get rid of some of those books, but I am a really big book junkie and it would break my heart to part with just one! LOL

Walk-in Closet. Dbf and I re-did it in February. Originally we wanted a PAX wardrobe, but being the girl that I am, I wanted something where I could display my little designer goodies. I wish we went with PAX, but I will never tell dbf that because he wanted it more than these billy bookcases and that rack in our room! haha lol

IMG_0029 by layd3k, on Flickr

IMG_0030 by layd3k, on Flickr

Unfortunently, there always tends to be clutter on the little bookshelf part. I should try to get rid of some of those books, but I am a really big book junkie and it would break my heart to part with just one! LOL

Nice room and closet!! :heart:

This is the bedskirt I made with Ikea Ditte fabric in white:

immagine032qv.jpg

immagine033y.jpg

Does anyone here dabble with 'Ikea hacking'? I was thinking of using theMALM nightstand as a vanity by putting two side by side hung up high enough to where I can comfortably work on it like a desk/vanity. I fell in love with this idea and was all for it until I realized we are currently renting our house and my parents don't want to mount it onto the wall ):

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to do this with minimal damage to our walls or without even mounting it to the wall?

Thanks so much!

DBF is going to IKEA to get one tomorrow. I plan on using it for silk H scarfs in the smaller drawers.. I shall let you know how it goes!

Thanks layd3k ! I saw it and it seems pretty okay quality. I absolutely love the top mirror and the size is just nice for that little nook in my room. I read online that it seems out of stock and discontinued but I'm really hoping it won't be so soon !

Does anyone here dabble with 'Ikea hacking'? I was thinking of using theMALM nightstand as a vanity by putting two side by side hung up high enough to where I can comfortably work on it like a desk/vanity. I fell in love with this idea and was all for it until I realized we are currently renting our house and my parents don't want to mount it onto the wall ):

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to do this with minimal damage to our walls or without even mounting it to the wall?

Thanks so much!

I don't think the back of the malm nighstand is strong enough to be hanged on the wall. else the only thing I can think of is putting some kind of ledge underneath it and the back is just to secure it to the wall. maybe try ikeahackers.net ?

Thanks layd3k ! I saw it and it seems pretty okay quality. I absolutely love the top mirror and the size is just nice for that little nook in my room. I read online that it seems out of stock and discontinued but I'm really hoping it won't be so soon !

I also bought it for that little "nook" in my room, and it fits perfectly. lol I would say that the quality is amazing. Much better compared to Hemnes. It feels completely solid, and even though the bottoms of the drawers are those thin slide in boards; they do not move around and are quite stable. I guess the only con is that the drawers are long and narrow. I can't fit two pairs of pants side by side. As well, the two top drawers are quite small, but long. They are not as thick as the picture might make them look. I put my H silk in the first one and all I will be able to fit is about 10 to have it look presentable, five in each row and overlapped like in the boutique. Other than that I really love it! I love how I can layout my jewellery on the felt pad underneath the mirror and it stores quite a bit for such a little piece of furniture. As well, I am 5'9 and when I open the top to see the mirror it is perfectly proportional to my face.

I don't think the back of the malm nighstand is strong enough to be hanged on the wall. else the only thing I can think of is putting some kind of ledge underneath it and the back is just to secure it to the wall. maybe try ikeahackers.net ?

I think the ledge idea sounds like it would work. I'll keep that in mind while I look around for other solutions as well. Oh, and thanks for the link! I'll try there