If Hermes didn't have B/K/C ...

I've bought from Hermès for over ten years and have personally never liked the quota bags. I'm absolutely not interested in them. They just aren't my style. I once got asked by Hermès if I would be interested in any of them but (like I said) I'm not.
It's too sad that due to the hype around them people buy everthing from Hermès nowadays which makes it hard for me to buy the things I like. Everything is so hard to get now.

Scarves. Silk + Cashmere. I love the colors.

I love the enameled bangles. Again I love the colors and the changing patterns.

Some RTW. (Same amount as I buy now - I have dogs and kids so expensive rtw isn’t something I invest in)

Belts. I’m obsessed with their belts. I love that I can get one in any color I need almost. And then I love the practicality of the Kelly belt.

I have never bought anything I wasn’t kind of obsessed with honestly. Orans are probably the only thing I’ve bought that I wasn’t 120% in love with. I like the idea of them (and the colors - see my theme 😂?) but not that they are basically just flip flops.

I only purchase their scarves and scarf rings. I don't ever imagine myself to be a major Hermes consumer. The only bag I like of theirs is the GP, I do like one of their caps, and I think the zebra head charm is adorable. Thing is, ease of maintenance is important to me. I will never be interested in babying a bag, I imagine my sunscreen will ruin the cap, and practically everything else at Hermes is, for me, just not worth the cost. Their jewelry is nice, but I own what I consider to be nicer. What I love about Hermes is the quality of materials and workmanship. Their designs, to me, could be improved. Many of the scarves I consider hideous but some are, to me, so beautiful. I will only buy what I love. With the exception of some limited edition versions that I deem too beautiful to actually use and risk damaging, I do not understand the allure of a Birkin or Kelly as I don't really like the physical lines of those bags. I understand SOME people like the look, but most I think just want others to see that they own the bag. Personally, in today's high crime times, they are probably just putting a target on their back while pursuing status.

I only purchase their scarves and scarf rings. I don't ever imagine myself to be a major Hermes consumer. The only bag I like of theirs is the GP, I do like one of their caps, and I think the zebra head charm is adorable. Thing is, ease of maintenance is important to me. I will never be interested in babying a bag, I imagine my sunscreen will ruin the cap, and practically everything else at Hermes is, for me, just not worth the cost. Their jewelry is nice, but I own what I consider to be nicer. What I love about Hermes is the quality of materials and workmanship. Their designs, to me, could be improved. Many of the scarves I consider hideous but some are, to me, so beautiful. I will only buy what I love. With the exception of some limited edition versions that I deem too beautiful to actually use and risk damaging, I do not understand the allure of a Birkin or Kelly as I don't really like the physical lines of those bags. I understand SOME people like the look, but most I think just want others to see that they own the bag. Personally, in today's high crime times, they are probably just putting a target on their back while pursuing status.
When I first started shopping at Hermes I also did not understand the Birkin/Kelly obsession and I really didn’t get it if you throw Constance into the mix. But I have been fully sucked into the vortex and now love the B/K look🤷‍♀️. I still wouldn’t buy a Constance - I already own bags I love in that style.

Interesting about scarves - I would really love more archive reissues. I like the traditional older patterns a lot.

Reactions: Veritybelle
When I first started shopping at Hermes I also did not understand the Birkin/Kelly obsession and I really didn’t get it if you throw Constance into the mix. But I have been fully sucked into the vortex and now love the B/K look🤷‍♀️. I still wouldn’t buy a Constance - I already own bags I love in that style.

Interesting about scarves - I would really love more archive reissues. I like the traditional older patterns a lot.
+1 on the Constance. I think some people carry it really well, but I know it’s not for me. :smile:

I find everything at H overpriced for what it is. Shoes, scarves, jewelry, etc... even Bs and Ks. Thus, I buy nothing at the full sticker price. Here's my other issue: I only like around 5% of what Hermes makes. In that, if there are 100 scarves/shoes/sweaters, I only like the style of 5 of them.

So I buy those select few items I really love at resale, at prices that make me happy. I love vintage pieces their history and for absolving me the guilt of breaking in/using my Bs and Ks. Though I've confessed to not liking most of the designs, I love Hermes quality and heritage. And strangely, despite not being interested in most of what H produces, my closet actually has a lot of H items that I very much like. Given all this, I'm honestly not sure where this places me in the H ecosystem: "good customer?" "Bad customer?"... no matter which, I am a satisfied customer. So yeah. I'll call myself the local Hermes bottomfeeder. I thank you all for buying MSRP, so I may one day own your discarded things. :winkiss:

Clearly there are a lot of people who actually love other Hermes métiers and are not just buying in the vain hope of being offered a bag.
Scarves of course are in a league of their own, amazing furniture, smaller accessories usually witty designs, stationery and equestrian items.
Hermes puts the usual Hermes panache into what they design.
China prices are comparable to similar quality items from other brands. Not everyone wants to use a £700 teapot but par example, mariage frère teapots are similar price range, no ‘resale value’ and no bag hopes.

Clearly there are a lot of people who actually love other Hermes métiers and are not just buying in the vain hope of being offered a bag.
Scarves of course are in a league of their own, amazing furniture, smaller accessories usually witty designs, stationery and equestrian items.
Hermes puts the usual Hermes panache into what they design.
China prices are comparable to similar quality items from other brands. Not everyone wants to use a £700 teapot but par example, mariage frère teapots are similar price range, no ‘resale value’ and no bag hopes.
Cut to me, folding my arms and glaring at my Mariage Freres teapot -

"You know you cost me a Kelly, right?!"

Cut to me, folding my arms and glaring at my Mariage Freres teapot -

"You know you cost me a Kelly, right?!"
I LOVE this, and the posts above from @ladysarah.
it should be a sticky. Only I don’t know where. :love:

ETA: my Hermes h deco teapot dribbles down the side when I try to pour, and it cannot wear its cover if I slide in my metal perforated thing for loose tea bc the lip is in the way.

I really would like a complete set of Oxymore champagne glasses, not a few here and there. More than a bag.

Nothing would change for me. I love their perfumes, scarfes, Clics, Calvis, the Evelyne, the Picotin. I bought everything because I‘m in love with. I don’t have money for thing I’m not in love with. When I started buying Hermès there was no Goal to score a B/K/C. Now I have a B and I‘m happy with it, but that‘s it, no need for another but I‘m still eyeing the other stuff.