If Hermes didn't have B/K/C ...

Nothing would change for me. I love Hermes. I love their cashmere mufflers, and their jewelry. My first ever purchase at H was a RG Diamond Kelly bracelet. I bought it because I wanted my dream bracelet. I even let someone else buy it under their name because I was not at all interested in "grandma bags" **HIDES before all of you try to kill me**. I slowly got to learn more about the history and craftmanship, and before I knew it, my taste became totally different than before. I ended making setting up a profile and buying a pair of Quicker sneakers (and a single lip balm) under my name. Less than two weeks later, I got my C18 in the exact specs I wanted. It might seem a bit off topic, but the point is that I will still continue to buy H, BKC or not. H has many other beautiful bags and SLG. My favorite bag is the Bolide, and the Clic 16 is better than any other WOC in my opinion. There is much more to H than the major three.

I fell in love with the Kelly and HAC almost 50 years ago, so loooong before today's crazyness! When the B came out I got that too, it was easy back then. If these bags didn't exist I would buy Bolides and Plumes which I love aswell. Not much else as far as bags are concerned, I don't like the more recent designs. I used to buy scarves and CSGMs, but now much less since I'm not fond of the more recent designs. I like some classic jewelry, like the Chaine d'Ancre and the Cape Cod watch.... I can't think of much else I would buy honestly. Luckily I have all my favourite H stuff, so I don't feel the need to go to H. I keep updated coming here on tPF, so if something comes up that I like I will pop into my local H, but this hasn't happened in almost 2 years now :shocked: Finally the small/tiny bag trend of recent years has made things even less appealing to me: H has stopped making bigger bags like the Bolide 35 so I can only buy pre-owned.

I fell in love with the Kelly and HAC almost 50 years ago, so loooong before today's crazyness! When the B came out I got that too, it was easy back then. If these bags didn't exist I would buy Bolides and Plumes which I love aswell. Not much else as far as bags are concerned, I don't like the more recent designs. I used to buy scarves and CSGMs, but now much less since I'm not fond of the more recent designs. I like some classic jewelry, like the Chaine d'Ancre and the Cape Cod watch.... I can't think of much else I would buy honestly. Luckily I have all my favourite H stuff, so I don't feel the need to go to H. I keep updated coming here on tPF, so if something comes up that I like I will pop into my local H, but this hasn't happened in almost 2 years now :shocked: Finally the small/tiny bag trend of recent years has made things even less appealing to me: H has stopped making bigger bags like the Bolide 35 so I can only buy pre-owned.
will the Volynka Bolide 30 make you say Hi to your store again? :biggrin:

Would enjoy seeing the re-intro of several vintage style bags from yesteryear that are not
in production any longer as well as colors that have been discontinued.
I'm a fan of their leathers particularly from the JPG era as well as from previous seasons
so I do continue to look at the new collections & am finding a piece here & there.
I also wish they would bring back several classic shoes styles that didn't have the H logo
but that is what clients still are interested in.
H still holds my fashion interest not so much the bags as my Kelly, Bolide & Lindy are
all working in lifestyle & wardrobe needs.

I am always so excited to read stories from those who "witnessed" the times when a Kelly could be bought right off the self. It is so interesting to see how the brand evolved.

I also find the most recent scarves less appealing, even the colour palette became different.

My first items from Hermes were ties, silks, SLGS. I honestly thought Birkins and Kellys were stupid, and had no aspirations to either.

Then I started playing the game, and started getting more home goods, and equestrian, and RTW...then I got my first Birkin and it got more addictive. And here I am on this Hamster wheel...haha. But honestly their RTW is very reasonably priced when compared to RTW from Dior, Vuitton, and D&G. While I prefer the RTW from those houses, Hermès RTW is sometimes nice given thr price point.

As much as I would love to get a Kelly and a Constance to round off my holy trinity of Hermes bags, the truth is, there are so many lovely offerings that I would still be drawn to if they stopped selling the BKC bags.

In terms of leather goods, I’d switch my attention to the Mini Lindy (which is honestly one of the bags I could happily own one in every conceivable colour until the human eye evolves to see even more colours, in which case, sign me up for even more of them) - it truly is one of my favourite bags; the Sac Maximors, and the Della Cavalleria Elan.

If I lived in a warmer climate, I’d probably live in Genius sandals outside of work!

I also love some of the homeware pieces such as their decorative trays.

In short, the Hermes universe provides a varied enough offering that my wallet will never truly be safe from their clutches… LOL.

I would for sure still buy all the items I am buying now.
Be it shoes, Shawls, RTW, other Leather Goods like Wallets Belts and various Bags, Costume Jewellery, Gift Items, Make Up...
Love the brand in first instance :smile:

I honestly thought Birkins and Kellys were stupid, and had no aspirations to either.
I thought I would never ever be offered any bag at H, at the beginning of my journey 10+ years ago I largely focused on scarves and SLGs. I still own these pieces and I love that even after 10 years of active use my scarves and bracelets are still in very good condition.

Only last year I said to myself that I would want to own a bag, hence started working towards it.

Reactions: FrenchNewbie