ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

As @ConnieinSeattle said, that isn't a style number in the creed. Bags made before 1994 have all numeric creed numbers that are random and unique and have no relation to the style. We need measurements to identify. It is most likely a classic pouch. It was made in the late 70s or 80s.
Off topic post. That was an interesting number 1717. So I'm walking on the beach in Mexico this morning and what do I see scratched into the sand? The number 1717. Strange coincidence! I wonder what it means.

Eta: maybe I'm looking at it upside down and it's a girl's name Lili.

Eta: I looked up the number meaning on Google here's what Google says:

What is 1717 trying to tell me?

1717 means it's time to be independent.

Your angels are telling you to begin forging your own path and to put yourself first for once. While it's always good to help and lead others, the number 1717 is a sign telling you to be a leader for yourself and prioritize your dreams and goals.

Attachments

• 20240414_073812.jpg
    20240414_073812.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Off topic post. That was an interesting number 1717. So I'm walking on the beach in Mexico this morning and what do I see scratched into the sand? The number 1717. Strange coincidence! I wonder what it means.

Eta: maybe I'm looking at it upside down and it's a girl's name Lili.

Eta: I looked up the number meaning on Google here's what Google says:

What is 1717 trying to tell me?

1717 means it's time to be independent.

Your angels are telling you to begin forging your own path and to put yourself first for once. While it's always good to help and lead others, the number 1717 is a sign telling you to be a leader for yourself and prioritize your dreams and goals.
I think it says Lili!

Does anyone remember what this messenger bag was called? I received it as a gift many years ago and am considering passing it on to a new owner. I'd like to include the style name when I list it but I can't find any info online! style#: 71188

Attachments

• InShot_20240427_144140600.jpg
    InShot_20240427_144140600.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240426_145836.jpg
    20240426_145836.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 9
I would greatly appreciate if anyone can ID this purse. It has no creed / numbers. It only has a small tag Made in China. I will also post another picture of the same style bag, but it is in solid metallic. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1667.jpeg
    IMG_1667.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 6
My estimate of the age of the wallet might be off.

Did you buy it new from a Coach store? If you got it at an outlet store in 2011, it's possible that they may have had a return or found some NOS (new old stock). If you bought it second hand, there's no way to know when the original owner bought it.

As for calling Coach, I'm suspecting that you got misinformation. (And it's not the first time they've done it!)

By "missing 1 number," they are referring to style numbers that are currently 5 digits, but back when I believe your wallet was made, style numbers were just 4 digits.

Coach employees aren't trained to authenticate and if an item isn't currently in their stores or the style number isn't in their computer system, they assume it's either fake, an incorrect style number or non-existent style number.

I assure you that the style number of the wallet I posted is only 4 digits and is about 13-14 years old. There could possibly have been similar newer wallets with 5 digits and maybe that's one you may have bought in 2011 but I can't find any style number to verify it.
I just bought a Coach wallet (second hand but new still in Coach bag) that only has the letter and 4 numbers. C9934 is the number, so does this mean it is an old design? It looks like some of the new ones just different color. Purple with flowers. It shows it came from Jacksonville on the label. I recognize that part because when I order from the Coach Outlet store online that/s where mine usually comes from. Is there a way to date the wallet at all? I'm having to return another one that was new but it is disentergrating on the inside. Tag was still attached. Sure would love to know how to check to see how old this other new wallet might be.

I just bought a Coach wallet (second hand but new still in Coach bag) that only has the letter and 4 numbers. C9934 is the number, so does this mean it is an old design? It looks like some of the new ones just different color. Purple with flowers. It shows it came from Jacksonville on the label. I recognize that part because when I order from the Coach Outlet store online that/s where mine usually comes from. Is there a way to date the wallet at all? I'm having to return another one that was new but it is disentergrating on the inside. Tag was still attached. Sure would love to know how to check to see how old this other new wallet might be.
No, that means it is a newer style. Coach started using this type of number the few years. Some of these have tags hidden inside that would have a complete number, that includes a date code. If yours has it, we can use that to date it. Otherwise, you can date by when the style was in stores.

Does anyone remember what this messenger bag was called? I received it as a gift many years ago and am considering passing it on to a new owner. I'd like to include the style name when I list it but I can't find any info online! style#: 71188
I have no first hand knowledge, but I did find this webpage show the style and refer to it as (I think): Mercer Leather Banker's Brief. https://mymanybags.blogspot.com/2014/02/coach-mercer-drafters-tote-and-mercer.html Spring/summer 2014 Mercer Collection.

Attachments

• Coach_Mercer_Draftsman_Tote_Bankers_Brief.jpg
    Coach_Mercer_Draftsman_Tote_Bankers_Brief.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: BeenBurned
Can anyone help ID this little cute red item? Another rehab project. Missing a D-ring and the strap. If I can find the item or style number, then I can reference and source the right kind of strap for it. I don't see a creed number. And I gather that it's pretty small, but it's not in hand with dimensions yet.

Attachments

• Small Red 1.jpg
    Small Red 1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 5
  • small red 3.jpg
    small red 3.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 5
  • small red.jpg
    small red.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi, I've owned a number of old Coach NYC USA bags but not one like this. it's 9 x 15 x 3 and has full length zipper across both sides on the inside. Folio Tote?

Attachments

• IMG_3311 (1).jpg
    IMG_3311 (1).jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3312 (1).jpg
    IMG_3312 (1).jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3314 (1).jpg
    IMG_3314 (1).jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 6