How to keep the shape of your Birkin

Hi ladies,
Do you any tips on how to fit the Birkin in the box? I didn't even pay attention on how it was packaged when I got it and now I'm having a hard time fitting it in the box. The handles always seem to stick out. Right now it's laying down next to the box.
This is my technique....
Put the bag in Hermes dust cover. Rest the bag flat on it's back in the box with the hardware facing up. Rest the handles of the bag on some clumped tissue paper and the body of the bag is not usually on very much paper. I have the piece that is lining the box under the body. If I start rearranging all the tissue paper there is no room in the box. I am not shipping the bag/box so I am comfortable taking out any excess paper that I can't fit back into the box! Sometimes it seems like the tissue paper expands.;)

Hi Maseml,
It sort of does and doesn't make sense. Yesterday I tried for a good hour before I gave up. I'll try again tomorrow. Soon enough I should get it:P
Lol, me too. I couldn't figure it out either. I changed the direction of the B in the box. If I thought it was supposed to be one way, I rotated it 90 degrees and it fit. Hope that make sense?

This is such an informative thread and thanks to everyone for posting!

My Bs/Ks have been standing upright in my closet, stuffed and in their dust bags. As soon as I read that lying down is best, I have spent at least 2 hours rearranging my closets and they are now all asleep on their backs, stuffed and still in dust bags. My mission next week will be to bring the H boxes down from the attic and stack them on the shelves with post-it tab labels on each one. Thank goodness for TPF. :heart:

Hi ladies,
Do you any tips on how to fit the Birkin in the box? I didn't even pay attention on how it was packaged when I got it and now I'm having a hard time fitting it in the box. The handles always seem to stick out. Right now it's laying down next to the box.
Not sure if you got the bag to fit back in the box yet. I noticed in my recent B35 box that the 2 pillows come stacked on top of one another at one corner. The bottom of the bag is laid down opposite to the pillows on the 2-3 sheets of paper that lined the box then the handles side is rested on the pillows. Then it all fits. If one was to look at the bag from the side, it's lying parallel to the bottom of the box with the handles part way up towards the top of the box. IYKWIM. I store all my B&K this way.