How often do YOU do it?

I change bags as often as I can sometimes everyday, sometimes after a few weeks, really it depends on the weather, my outfit etc! I'm worse with my coats as I can change them as often as twice a day. I do use a purse organiser which helps and I store my bags in a sleeper in the closet rather than boxes to save me hunting around for them.

daily. or to say it better whenever i leave the house and then it can be even up to three times a day aka daybag dinner/lunch bag ,evening bag

Same here...

Anabeni, Your bags do not need to be stored in their boxes. Try to get them out (in their dust bags, though), and you'll most probabely rotate easier than you do now...
You'll see...it's fun to change bag but still stick to H ;)

Last edited:
I change bags depending on my outfit so that can go from 3 times a week to 3 times a day.... My H bags sleep in their boxes, and the bag rotation drives DH nuts when the boxes come out etc :lol:

I change bags depending on my outfit so that can go from 3 times a week to 3 times a day.... My H bags sleep in their boxes, and the bag rotation drives DH nuts when the boxes come out etc :lol:

:lol: My DH gets scared when I rotate too because the Orange Tower (as he calls it) sometimes topples over. :lol:

I used to rotate one bag per week; but lately have been rotating every day.
I agree with the others - I switch to non H bags only when it's raining or snowing.

daily/weekly. I store my bags in sleepers/boxes, but it's not that hard to grab a box and open the tissue, unwrap the bag - I enjoy that, it reminds me of going to the boutique - it's like a new present each time!

my deciders are, in this order: 1) weather (no rain = boxcalf!), 2) occasion (casual/formal and if a shoulder strap is needed - if so, I choose Kelly or Bolide, if not, it's a Birkin), and 3) outfit/coat.

880 - How you can carry so little amazes me. You are today's Purse Hero.

Anabeni - I usually switch on the wknd - esp. if I'm off both days. I also store my bags in their sleepers and boxes. It sounds silly but I make a little event of it. I have a bevvie (wine at night or one of DH's made to order espressos in the morning), pick out the new bag and leisurely make the switch. I pick the bag (H or otherwise) that tickles my fancy at that moment. If the wine or espresso is really good, I switch out SLGs too. :graucho: Then on Sunday night or Monday morning, it's back to one of my workhorses.

Aww, thanks. Forgot that I always forget my iphone as it is on the charger lol.

Your ritual sounds fabulous! Pugs shoes would add artesanal cheese and/or chocolate!

Not as often as I should! I get lazy sometimes. I don't like purse organizers - to me, they cheapen the bag. I do have a lined basket on a table where I keep my cell phone charging, my keys and whatever bag I'm using. I used to try to make myself take everything out of my bag each night so I would choose the appropriate bag the next day, but that fell by the wayside pretty quickly! I do switch at least a couple of times a month. With a dark brown and a black bag, "matching" is not a problem - both go with most of my neutral wardrobe.

In the summer, I use my chartreuse Picotin except for Sun or if I'm going out to a nice dinner - then I use my vintage Nantucket basket bag. I have a couple of other summer bags that I use when I'm going somewhere junky - they're indestructible and I can get both on my shoulder.

^^India, your baskets sound gorgeous! What a nice "alternative"
cayennepepper, I have an "orange tour" too. (I love watching it get higher and higher!)
perlerare, thanks for the advice. I might try to store outside their boxes more...

I usually switch bags every couple of days. Unless I'm particularly attached to a certain bag for awhile. ;)

I don't use an organizer because I only carry a card case, and a small misc. case. Keys & phone are tossed in as I leave.

my deciders are, in this order: 1) weather (no rain = boxcalf!), 2) occasion (casual/formal and if a shoulder strap is needed - if so, I choose Kelly or Bolide, if not, it's a Birkin), and 3) outfit/coat.......

Same here... and I did not even realized that untill you described it ! I do it automatically...

If rain or snow , I take ostrich ;)

i have the same outlook on things in the sense that i have my great hermes bags but also others i love all classics like the chanel 2.55 the ysl downtown the louis mahina well anyway i am the sort of person that changes bags with every ocasion and every look i must confess that sometimes my looks allways find a way to match my best birkin and love of my life a 35cm blue jean togo with gold hardware that i simply canot live with out and well i just adore it so yes i do tend to wear that alot but i do swicth just to keep it interesting and have an element of surprise ! besides i find it one of the most fun things to do even though i have a busy life it just seems fun for me to think hhmmmmm wich bag shall i wear tomorrow