Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Hi lovelies!

I purchased a birkin bag off a consignment store I wanted to have it spa'ed or cleaned. I called in my local boutique which is in Vancouver Canada, they told me they will need a proof of a payment to have it serviced? I'm confused about this policy. I thought all birkins as long as they are authentic are able to get the service. It doesn't need to be directly from the store?

Is there a chance that I can mail it to somewhere in the states? I would prefer not to cuz I don't want the duties to be involved but is there anything I can do to get my bag cleaned

Thank you for advance :smile:

Hi lovelies!

I purchased a birkin bag off a consignment store I wanted to have it spa'ed or cleaned. I called in my local boutique which is in Vancouver Canada, they told me they will need a proof of a payment to have it serviced? I'm confused about this policy. I thought all birkins as long as they are authentic are able to get the service. It doesn't need to be directly from the store?

Is there a chance that I can mail it to somewhere in the states? I would prefer not to cuz I don't want the duties to be involved but is there anything I can do to get my bag cleaned

You can’t mail it in, but perhaps bring it with you the next time you visit the US. The Bellevue boutique (my home store) is the closest to you in the US ~3.5 hrs, but otherwise maybe you will be visiting another city at some point?

Hi lovelies!

The Vancouver store will claim that the receipt is needed in order to be able to send the bag due to CBSA rules. If you are not a regular client, do you have a friend that is? I’ve found that these rules about needing reciepts are not enforced once you are an established client.

You can’t mail it in, but perhaps bring it with you the next time you visit the US. The Bellevue boutique (my home store) is the closest to you in the US ~3.5 hrs, but otherwise maybe you will be visiting another city at some point?

Thank you for your input:smile: yes I could definitely go down to Seattle bring it in! Do you know Bellevue or Seattle boutique will require a reciept as well?

Thank you !

The Vancouver store will claim that the receipt is needed in order to be able to send the bag due to CBSA rules. If you are not a regular client, do you have a friend that is? I’ve found that these rules about needing reciepts are not enforced once you are an established client.

Nah unfortunately none of my friends share the same interests in handbags as me. I do have a few things I wanna get from Hermès like shoes and accessories and stuff, don't know when I can become an established client lol. This is hard I wish I could have a chance to buy it from the store directly but they just wouldn't give me one lol

Nah unfortunately none of my friends share the same interests in handbags as me. I do have a few things I wanna get from Hermès like shoes and accessories and stuff, don't know when I can become an established client lol. This is hard I wish I could have a chance to buy it from the store directly but they just wouldn't give me one lol

Sadly Vancouver is a crazy competitive market, you really have to buy a lot to be offered a Birkin or Kelly. You can qualify for a bag in Seattle much easier. Thankfully with the new treaty with the EU there is no longer duty on items imported that originate in France, so you only get stuck paying the tax again. I find the SAs in Seattle are extremely friendly. I would call to make sure you don’t need a receipt.

I dropped one of my Birkins off near the end of October to be repaired and I just finally got a quote this week! They said probably 3 more months until I get it back. It is certainly a process that requires patience!

Sadly Vancouver is a crazy competitive market, you really have to buy a lot to be offered a Birkin or Kelly. You can qualify for a bag in Seattle much easier. Thankfully with the new treaty with the EU there is no longer duty on items imported that originate in France, so you only get stuck paying the tax again. I find the SAs in Seattle are extremely friendly. I would call to make sure you don’t need a receipt.

I dropped one of my Birkins off near the end of October to be repaired and I just finally got a quote this week! They said probably 3 more months until I get it back. It is certainly a process that requires patience!

Thank you for much for the advice VertBronze! I really want to get another birkin in a bright color Seattle sounds like the way to go :smile:

My birkin is in a very good condition actually it's from 2017 but since I got it from preloved market I just want to have it reconditioned so it feels brand new to me I wouldn't mind waiting so timing is not an issue.

I just felt bad when I was told I can't get it done unless I have a reciept. It's not like I don't want to directly purchase from them lol I paid a lot more than retail to get mine since it's almost new. At the time I did not what else do I want from Hermès all I want is a birkin or a kelly and I don't really want to spend money on stuff I don't like. Now I'm eyeing on the joueuse boots but that's far away from getting me qualified for a B...But I guess I can't blame them it's just their policy.

Thank you for your input:smile: yes I could definitely go down to Seattle bring it in! Do you know Bellevue or Seattle boutique will require a reciept as well?

Thank you !

Seattle does not have a boutique currently, only Bellevue. There is no receipt required. There is no spa in the Bellevue boutique, but they will go over the item with you, see what you want to have done, write up exactly what is to be done with prices only if they know for sure, and then either ship it to California or to France for the spa. Once it arrives and a craftsman has a chance to look over it they will get back to you about the price and you can decide to go forward with it or not. It does take quite awhile though. I sent a watch for a new battery and it took 2 months. I sent a bag and it has been a year, but it had to go to France.

Last edited:
I sent my vintage Kelly for spa and a repair of the handle...had some loose stitches. $330 for spa, $257 for handle repair. Estimated time for repair and return from Paris 3-5 months.

Just got the email from Hermes...my Kelly is back in the states. It’s been almost 8 months! (Mid May to now) will post pics when I get her back this weekend

I brought my Constance for spa at Madison. I was quoted a time frame of 4-6 weeks and about $300-$400. Much to my surprise, she was ready in about 3 weeks and the SA who assisted me said that the artisan said it was not much work as expected and I was only charged $200!
Hi When you take your bag to Madison, did they ask you for a receipt? Or any authentic Hermes is fine? Thanks very much.

I bought a vintage K in Paris. She needed some “love”. I took her to my boutique in Dallas. My SA did not need a receipt. He sent her in. I was quoted a price about a month later. She was repaired and then sent back to the boutique. Then sent Home to me. It took 3 months probably? Worth it!! She’s Box and fabulous!

Hi guys I purchased a Togo 32 Black kelly from 2002 and the heatstamp in both the bag and strap is worn. Do you guys know if the heatstamp can be redone? I have read here that it can be as long as the bag has not been serviced elsewhere. How can you tell if the bag has been serviced elsewhere or not? I purchased from a reputable reseller (AFF) but only have until tomorrow to return. I love the bag but scared that it may get rejected.