HERMÈS HOMEWARE + KITCHENWARE (include pics)

I agree. The platinum is great for food. I was looking at the old posts and saw a Christmas setting with gold and it looks so beautiful. I think platinum might be more everyday. I just picked up a passafolia sushi tray, so I’m all over the place. It was just too pretty.
Yes i agree that gold setting is stunning! I think platinum is also able to mix better with white/grey/stainless steel/silver tableware that you may already have too which is why I chose it over the gold! Either way they’re both gorgeous! I’m eyeing a passifolia tray too haha

Thanks! Do a lot of sugar cubes fit in it? I haven’t seen one in person and it looks quite small
Yes they hold a lot. I buy the Domino sugar dots and they are the perfect size and portion for a cup of coffee. They also use the H Deco cubes to hold sugar wafers at the Paris Sevres Hermes store cafe, but I have not been able to find sugar wafers here in the US.IMG_0143.jpegIMG_0144.jpeg

I’m seriously debating to start an H dinnerware collection. Hubby and I have narrowed down to 1 of 2 collections:

1) H Deco (the black version, not the red)
2) Balcon Du Guadalquivir

Most of our existing China are plain white color.

I think H Deco is non-microwaveable while the other one is.

Which one have you used more? Is being microwaveable important to you from experience?

Thanks!
a bit late but wanted to add most of the pieces in the H Deco collection is microwaveable even though the website said it's not. I remember the SA told me it was so I just went to look for the little pamphlets my plates came with just to be sure. It says:

H Deco is designed for everyday use: it is dishwasher and microwave safe. The large round platter and tart platter feature decorative platinum trim and require special care.

so from that, I think every piece except the large round platter and tart platter are microwave safe.

Yes they hold a lot. I buy the Domino sugar dots and they are the perfect size and portion for a cup of coffee. They also use the H Deco cubes to hold sugar wafers at the Paris Sevres Hermes store cafe, but I have not been able to find sugar wafers here in the US.View attachment 5708310View attachment 5708311

I don’t use sugar so I put my teabags and non dairy creamer in them.

I’m also a magpie so I collect the red balcon de Q and the platinum mosaique to mix and match my mood. Plus a couple of the cheval orient pieces with that intense blue and gold.

I am tempted to get some passifolia pieces as well, but am running out of room.

Edit: sorry I should have quoted @kerebear instead

Reactions: kerebear
I do appreciate your expertise. It is nice to chat with someone with such knowledge of Hermes home items. I do agree many of the early items feel more sophisticated and unique. I especially like early boxes, like the 2 Zoulou boxes in oak and mysore goat I have had for years. This year I purchased a Theoreme box with a lizard lid. Not sure of the wood used for the construction of the box. But one of my favorites are the 3 Cygnes Vases in size PM, MM & GM.
Again thank you for your insight and allowing me to share my Hermes home passion with you.
View attachment 5615818

View attachment 5615796View attachment 5615797

Does any one know what the #2 stamping on the bottom of this Hermes View attachment 5719246View attachment 5719247Tangram set means, is it a date code or maybe location. If any one has any insight to # stamping on rosewood games.
These numbers are always used on both the main piece and the pieces that can be removed (like a lid or back of a frame). I’ve noticed these numbers on all my wood pieces made in Indonesia, and even if it’s a same model, the numbers will vary and go up to 3 digits. Thus, I’ve concluded they are likely a method to make sure the lid and box are assembled together and aren’t switched sometime with another set during the production. Or, this could be a maker’s mark like the stamps on porcelain, but this could be a mixture of both reasons. I haven’t seen these numbers on the jewelry and watch boxes produced in France, but they very well could be hiding under the suede.