Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

I'm still on the fence after reading pros and cons of this bag. The biggest pro for me is that it's Kelly's casual cousin so it meshes well with my lifestyle, but on the other hand, there's a lot of reviews that mention how it's not the easiest to get in and out of. I'm going to check it out today to see for myself and go from there.

It's an easy bag for me to wear though to be honest I use my other Hermes more
If you are new to the line it might be a good introduction to decide how you feel about Hermes.
You can always sell if it does not fit your lifestyle

Thanks LaChocolat! How did you come across yours? Do you have a regular SA and did you let them know you were looking for one?

Hi there. I do have a SA but this particular purchase was from a trusted reseller because I wanted/needed all black for the fall and snapped it up as soon as I saw it.

I saw your post below. It's difficult to get into but I don't think it's exceedingly more difficult than a Kelly (I could be wrong). It's certainly no more difficult than my Chanel flaps. By difficult I mean that sometimes I leave the purse open/hanging if I'm in a rush. I live/play in low crime areas (though you always have to be careful in a big city) but that may be a consideration. Regarding how tough the leather is on a brand new purse, it gets easier to open eventually.

It's definitely not for everyone and it's not really a loved style on TPF but I really love it. I will always have room for it in my purse arsenal even when I get Ks and Bs because they (and my Chanels) are not appropriate for all occasions. My Herbag has replaced my LV speedy in my purse world, plus it's light weight which is great for use with my two boys.

Reactions: Olique
It's an easy bag for me to wear though to be honest I use my other Hermes more
If you are new to the line it might be a good introduction to decide how you feel about Hermes.
You can always sell if it does not fit your lifestyle

Thanks keren16. Of course I'm dreaming of b/k but realistically, I don't see that happening for a while. The herbag will be a training bag for a future k lol. I just bought an Evie and have been wearing her nonstop. I'm sliding down the orange slope [emoji1]

Hi there. I do have a SA but this particular purchase was from a trusted reseller because I wanted/needed all black for the fall and snapped it up as soon as I saw it.

I saw your post below. It's difficult to get into but I don't think it's exceedingly more difficult than a Kelly (I could be wrong). It's certainly no more difficult than my Chanel flaps. By difficult I mean that sometimes I leave the purse open/hanging if I'm in a rush. I live/play in low crime areas (though you always have to be careful in a big city) but that may be a consideration. Regarding how tough the leather is on a brand new purse, it gets easier to open eventually.

It's definitely not for everyone and it's not really a loved style on TPF but I really love it. I will always have room for it in my purse arsenal even when I get Ks and Bs because they (and my Chanels) are not appropriate for all occasions. My Herbag has replaced my LV speedy in my purse world, plus it's light weight which is great for use with my two boys.

Thanks LaChocolat! Since it's not a loved style and doesn't seem popular/common is another reason it appeals to me. I like how low key it is. You're right, the herbag fills the space in a bag wardrobe for those occasions when we're just running around.

I tried it on and I loved it. They're holding it for me until store closing and I never purchase going in hot so I walked away to let myself marinate on it for a bit lol.

Thanks LaChocolat! Since it's not a loved style and doesn't seem popular/common is another reason it appeals to me. I like how low key it is. You're right, the herbag fills the space in a bag wardrobe for those occasions when we're just running around.

I tried it on and I loved it. They're holding it for me until store closing and I never purchase going in hot so I walked away to let myself marinate on it for a bit lol.

Oh good luck!! Please share with us if you bite. It's a super cute purse.

Reactions: Keren16
Thanks keren16. Of course I'm dreaming of b/k but realistically, I don't see that happening for a while. The herbag will be a training bag for a future k lol. I just bought an Evie and have been wearing her nonstop. I'm sliding down the orange slope [emoji1]

Dreams come true !
Please let us know your feelings. It is an education because style evolves

Perfect description, as always [emoji173]️

Good choice
Never right to buy from emotion

I do not think it is unloved
Not all you see or read is for everyone
Some of it is ostentatious
If you buy the H Herbag, It will be part of you, given time, & develop its identity & purpose

Reactions: LaChocolat
Dreams come true !
Please let us know your feelings. It is an education because style evolves
Very true. I see others here and they're so elegant and put together. I want to be them when I grow up lol.

Good choice
Never right to buy from emotion
Or while under the influence. I've bought looking through the filter of wine and the results were oftentimes mindboggling. Thank goodness for good return policies.

I do not think it is unloved
Not all you see or read is for everyone
Some of it is ostentatious
If you buy the H Herbag, It will be part of you, given time, & develop its identity & purpose

The SA who helped me said almost the same thing. Thank you for your input keren16! It's tpf members like you and LaChocolat who really make tpf a valuable resource.

I think it looks great[emoji4][emoji106][emoji1326]
Do you?

I think so too [emoji4]. When it was first unpacked and unwrapped my first impression was it was cute but it didn't get my heart going like when I first saw my Evie. When I tried it on and looked in the mirror I only got a little excited. I took a pic and sent to my DH and looking at the pic I started to feel my heart beat. After walking away from it and looking at the pic again and again, the more my heart started to race. Now that she's home with me, I'm so giddy with happiness I can't stand it [emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]

I think so too [emoji4]. When it was first unpacked and unwrapped my first impression was it was cute but it didn't get my heart going like when I first saw my Evie. When I tried it on and looked in the mirror I only got a little excited. I took a pic and sent to my DH and looking at the pic I started to feel my heart beat. After walking away from it and looking at the pic again and again, the more my heart started to race. Now that she's home with me, I'm so giddy with happiness I can't stand it [emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]
You are sooo lucky to get the black brand new in store. I looked or awhile and could not find it online or in store. It looks absolutely fabulous on you!!! Keren is right. Your style will/should evolve. And H will be right there to provide in each evolution. Lol. :smile: If you have time please place a few shots in the in action thread. With a four month old and super busy three year old I don't get to do it as much but it's such a fun thread to participate in.

Reactions: Olique and Keren16
You are sooo lucky to get the black brand new in store. I looked or awhile and could not find it online or in store. It looks absolutely fabulous on you!!! Keren is right. Your style will/should evolve. And H will be right there to provide in each evolution. Lol. :smile: If you have time please place a few shots in the in action thread. With a four month old and super busy three year old I don't get to do it as much but it's such a fun thread to participate in.

Thanks so much LaChocolat! I know she and I will be very happy together [emoji4][emoji173]️