Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

Congrats! There's an all black currently available online via the H Aust website atm and seeing it reminded me to check this thread again - so happy that you're happy with your Herbag!

I am Charee! if you're thinking about an herbag, I say go for it!! As others have said, gettig in and out of it is a little more effort than a typical bag but I love it so much I don't mind.

I am Charee! if you're thinking about an herbag, I say go for it!! As others have said, gettig in and out of it is a little more effort than a typical bag but I love it so much I don't mind.

I really like the look of the all black, but have the ebene/black, which I think is too similar to justify having both haha!

I would love a second Herbag with black leather and a blue sapphire body to suddenly be created (worn crossbody and matchy-matchy with black/navy Chanel espadrilles and white jeans in my day dream :smile:)!

Hi! Just sharing My 1st hermes herbag zip..

I am planning to buy another herbag zip poppy orange in 39? Is it really big? I am petite 170 cm in height.. Thank you

Congrats! Pretty!

I personally think the 39 may be a bit big for a day bag unless you specifically need that size for work/A4 docs/holding larger items etc?! Maybe because the shape on the slim strap might look a bit 'big block-ish' out of context?

I really like the look of the all black, but have the ebene/black, which I think is too similar to justify having both haha!

I would love a second Herbag with black leather and a blue sapphire body to suddenly be created (worn crossbody and matchy-matchy with black/navy Chanel espadrilles and white jeans in my day dream :smile:)!

Congrats! Pretty!

I personally think the 39 may be a bit big for a day bag unless you specifically need that size for work/A4 docs/holding larger items etc?! Maybe because the shape on the slim strap might look a bit 'big block-ish' out of context?
Thanks for the reply charee! I'll just look for pm size of this color.

Hello Ladies!
I had a sort of odd questions. I did try looking in the forums and I also called Hermes, but they couldn't answer my question either. With the herbag, if I get the backpack version, can I use the leather part and straps ( I apologize for not knowing the proper name, newbie here) on a spare bag that wasn't the backpack version, a.k.a the purse version?

Thank-you for all your help!

Hello Ladies!
I had a sort of odd questions. I did try looking in the forums and I also called Hermes, but they couldn't answer my question either. With the herbag, if I get the backpack version, can I use the leather part and straps ( I apologize for not knowing the proper name, newbie here) on a spare bag that wasn't the backpack version, a.k.a the purse version?

Thank-you for all your help!

I can only try to answer based on what I know about the older versions. I have a PM top handle/long strap purse version from 2000 and also considered the Ado (back back). The bags for the Ado have slits cut at the bottom back of the bag for the straps while the bags for the regular purse version don't have them. So you could use spare bags for the backpack with the purse version (if you didn't mind the small, unused holes) but you could not use the regular purse bags with the back pack straps.

I can only try to answer based on what I know about the older versions. I have a PM top handle/long strap purse version from 2000 and also considered the Ado (back back). The bags for the Ado have slits cut at the bottom back of the bag for the straps while the bags for the regular purse version don't have them. So you could use spare bags for the backpack with the purse version (if you didn't mind the small, unused holes) but you could not use the regular purse bags with the back pack straps.
Thank you, that helps! I know there are ways to wear the backpack as a purse. My only concern was getting a backpack and being stuck with a backpack version, but it is a pretty versatile bag!

Hey Ladies!

I'm a bit of a Hermes newb, but I am trying to figure out what leather is on the Herbag Ado, in black. I thought it was boxed calf leather, but I feel like I might be wrong. Thoughts?

Can someone tell me if the herbag has a date code please? I bought mine today from the store, but don't want to ruin the bag shape by looking for the date code.

Thanks!

Thank you, that helps! I know there are ways to wear the backpack as a purse. My only concern was getting a backpack and being stuck with a backpack version, but it is a pretty versatile bag!
That's my concern too! I'm also a little worried about how much weight I can put into the bag as I'm using it for school. Has anyone carried heavy books on a daily basis, with herbag?