Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

I'm interested in a black herbag pm which I'm assuming is pretty low maintenance. Is the coated canvas stiff like Louis Vuitton or more fabric like which would attract dust? Are these easy to find in store?

I'm interested in a black herbag pm which I'm assuming is pretty low maintenance. Is the coated canvas stiff like Louis Vuitton or more fabric like which would attract dust? Are these easy to find in store?
It's not like LV coated canvas at all. It's more fabric-like and attracts dust, but is also easy to wipe clean or dust off. I may be wrong, but I don't think a black Herbag is easy to find in stores. It is a very low maintenance bag for sure.

Reactions: Olique and Keren16
It's not like LV coated canvas at all. It's more fabric-like and attracts dust, but is also easy to wipe clean or dust off. I may be wrong, but I don't think a black Herbag is easy to find in stores. It is a very low maintenance bag for sure.

Thanks LaChocolat! How did you come across yours? Do you have a regular SA and did you let them know you were looking for one?

sorry for the late reply.

You can bring the canvas to Hermès, they will clean it for you, at least in Europe they provide that service.

The earlier Herbags were ease to detach (and therefor to clean) but the Herbag zip is quite a hard thing to detach if not impossible (didn't try it yet).

Imho the B I have is easier to clean as the Herbag, this is why I use the Herbag less often.

Thanks for the very useful advice. I will keep in mind that Herbag zip might not be detachable.

I'm still on the fence after reading pros and cons of this bag. The biggest pro for me is that it's Kelly's casual cousin so it meshes well with my lifestyle, but on the other hand, there's a lot of reviews that mention how it's not the easiest to get in and out of. I'm going to check it out today to see for myself and go from there.