Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Wow great charts! I did see some unexpected, for me, color combos on the alldaychic. It gave me something to consider. I have evolved into two categories 1. blends of the same shade or 2. The pop of unexpected color. On the whole I don't like to match everything up especially when it comes to bags and shoes. Here is a phrase that will bring terror into the hearts of women of a certain age and I heard it from one of the ladies who took care of my late mother: Matching shoes and bags is the nursing home look! Yikes!! Could it get worse than that? No need to rush that look IMO!

I like both of those looks. same shade and pop of color

GK By the time we get to the nursing home, non matching bags and shoes will be the nursing home look.

I like both of those looks. same shade and pop of color

GK By the time we get to the nursing home, non matching bags and shoes will be the nursing home look.
:lol::eek::wtf::tup:

Well, we just might have to swing back the other way to start the matchy matchy trend again so we can be hip! (not as in broken hips with walkers hip);)

Wow great charts! I did see some unexpected, for me, color combos on the alldaychic. It gave me something to consider. I have evolved into two categories 1. blends of the same shade or 2. The pop of unexpected color. On the whole I don't like to match everything up especially when it comes to bags and shoes. Here is a phrase that will bring terror into the hearts of women of a certain age and I heard it from one of the ladies who took care of my late mother: Matching shoes and bags is the nursing home look! Yikes!! Could it get worse than that? No need to rush that look IMO!

There's another theory that matching is so old it's new again. :smile: It can be chic on a certain woman in the right clothes. Most people don't bother anymore with that level of attention to detail.

:lol::eek::wtf::tup:

Well, we just might have to swing back the other way to start the matchy matchy trend again so we can be hip! (not as in broken hips with walkers hip);)

I am planning on saving my matching items. :smile:

I am currently feeling very virtuous that I saved all my lightly worn slides from the last time they were in style, so now I can be so on trend without having to bother to shop.

There's another theory that matching is so old it's new again. :smile: It can be chic on a certain woman in the right clothes. Most people don't bother anymore with that level of attention to detail.
Very good point!

I am planning on saving my matching items. :smile:

I am currently feeling very virtuous that I saved all my lightly worn slides from the last time they were in style, so now I can be so on trend without having to bother to shop.
What??? When did slides go out of style? My closet staple! Actually, I think I know which type of slide you mean and Yes, I saved my closed toe ones too.

Reactions: prepster
This strange thing always happens with my bag purchases. Every bag that I have purchased has been preceded by the purchase of a scarf in a matching colorway. Always from a different SA and often in a different store, so unknown to the SA offering the bag. I consider it the Hermes gods exerting their will.[emoji23]

This time I was a bit bummed. I really had my heart set on bleu glacier. And by coincidence I had just bought a mousseline in bleu glacier. My local SAs called to say she located it just a few days before I left. So I was certain it was serendipity and I would find a bleu glacier bag in Paris. But I was told that bleu glacier is not in production this season. And as you know I bought etain.

I was playing with my etain birkin today and look at this! Those mischievous Hermes gods! [emoji15]

IMG_1492820122.780405.jpg

This strange thing always happens with my bag purchases. Every bag that I have purchased has been preceded by the purchase of a scarf in a matching colorway. Always from a different SA and often in a different store, so unknown to the SA offering the bag. I consider it the Hermes gods exerting their will.[emoji23]

This time I was a bit bummed. I really had my heart set on bleu glacier. And by coincidence I had just bought a mousseline in bleu glacier. My local SAs called to say she located it just a few days before I left. So I was certain it was serendipity and I would find a bleu glacier bag in Paris. But I was told that bleu glacier is not in production this season. And as you know I bought etain.

I was playing with my etain birkin today and look at this! Those mischievous Hermes gods! [emoji15]

View attachment 3674706
Perfect match! :heart: It was meant to be. I have Evie in Etain. I find it to be a great neutral and it can look different depending on the light.

View attachment 3674706
Your Mousseline is perfect with your Etain:P

il_570xN.1126561734_adxu.jpg

This is a safari survival jacket which I saw on etsy. I thought of our own @MrsOwen3 when I saw it. She thinks things through, is undoubtedly prepared for just about anything.