Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Always grateful for your recommendation - 'Elegance of the Hedgehog' is next on my list - though at the moment I am enjoying the murder genre a bit too much. (Thursday Murder Club)

Film or series suggestions are welcome too. I watched the gentlemen (a bit slow to be honest but great for zoning out). One of the main characters, Susie Glass carries what I think is, a red birkin, accessorised with red sole Louboutins and a red beret. :giggle: a bit heavy handed colour matching but she is supposed to be a gangster after all...
It's been out for a while, but I really loved Lupin. (It does not hurt that Omar Sy is extremely easy on the eyes....)

Slow Horses too.

Always grateful for your recommendation - 'Elegance of the Hedgehog' is next on my list - though at the moment I am enjoying the murder genre a bit too much. (Thursday Murder Club)

Film or series suggestions are welcome too. I watched the gentlemen (a bit slow to be honest but great for zoning out). One of the main characters, Susie Glass carries what I think is, a red birkin, accessorised with red sole Louboutins and a red beret. :giggle: a bit heavy handed colour matching but she is supposed to be a gangster after all...
Thank you all so much for all the lovely books / film recommendations shared here.
I apologise for popping in here like this.
However, this could provide enjoyment and distraction: The series I love because it has an IMO very enchanting leading actress and overall great cast and a lovely story and wonderful visuals, so for me it's ideal for " chilling out", is the Swedish series "Meurtre à Sandhamn" / Sandhamn Murders.
(I think this series might be appealing to those who enjoy series like Midsomer Murders.)

Thank you all so much for all the lovely books / film recommendations shared here.
I apologise for popping in here like this.
However, this could provide enjoyment and distraction: The series I love because it has an IMO very enchanting leading actress and overall great cast and a lovely story and wonderful visuals, so for me it's ideal for " chilling out", is the Swedish series "Meurtre à Sandhamn" / Sandhamn Murders.
(I think this series might be appealing to those who enjoy series like Midsomer Murders.)
Oh I like the Sandhamm murders books too!! I’ve read a few of those!

I also like Tana French for murder mysteries as well. I haven’t read her latest, but heard it was good.

Big fan of the Thursday Murder Club series! I’ve only read the first two - I’m trying to hold back and space the rest out so that I don’t end up anxiously waiting for the next release.

I read In The Woods by Tanya French and I really did like it, but then I got frustrated by the ending. I’ve heard arguments as to why it’s great and also as to why others were left disappointed.

Have you tried the Joona Linna series by Lars Kepler? Much darker but sooo good for murder mysteries.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Popping in to say I am actually disappointed in the last 2 Don Winslow books - the second and third of the Danny Ryan trilogy. City of Fire was SO good; City of Dreams is pretty good; I am partway through City in Ruins now but just not loving the character arc. Winslow's cartel books are much better (also MUCH more violent).

Looking for a next book that I will love as much as I did Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow :smile:

• Love
Reactions: MacawGuy
Popping in to say I am actually disappointed in the last 2 Don Winslow books - the second and third of the Danny Ryan trilogy. City of Fire was SO good; City of Dreams is pretty good; I am partway through City in Ruins now but just not loving the character arc. Winslow's cartel books are much better (also MUCH more violent).

Looking for a next book that I will love as much as I did Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow :smile:
Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow was so so good! Have you read or heard of Oona Out of Order?

Oh I like the Sandhamm murders books too!! I’ve read a few of those!

I also like Tana French for murder mysteries as well. I haven’t read her latest, but heard it was good.
Oh how delightful! As I had seen the series Sandhamn Murders on TV first, I hadn't dared to read the books.
It's often a bit of a challenge for me to read books made into films and vice versa.
Exceptions that come to mind spontaneously were: e.g. Harry Potter - both great -, the film version of my absolute favourite book ‘The Three Musketeers’ (Alexandre Dumas) with Lana Turner as Milady and the film version of ‘The Count of Monte Cristo’ with Richard Chamberlain and Tony Curtis and, as a very special exception, that I found the film version even better than the book/books: The Firm and The Pelican Brief (Grisham) as well as the (actually youth) series ‘Alex Rider’ filmed with Otto Farrant (when sick in bed a super duper worthy "binge watching" of 2 Series with quite some episodes...:giggle: or on a rainy stormy vacation easy going distracting binge reading).
And to keep it Hermès related: When reading or watching, I always enhance the pleasure with a Hermès cup of tea or cappucino or sometimes a glass of champagne in a Hermès resp. St. Louis ‘Twist’ glass .

And thank you for recommending Tana French - will put her on my list. Sounds promising.

• Love
Reactions: Bdbunny
Moving home and I had to pack my H homewares myself. Can’t leave it to the removalist or chance given how hard it is to obtain them in the first place! Quite sobering to see the number of Orange boxes tho 🙊
View attachment 6002160
That’s why is so useful to keep the original boxes, I have mine up in the loft as they take so much space. I love the way the China is beautifully packed and displayed at the same time.
Hope it goes smoothly - keep us posted.