Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Anything by Emily St John Mandel BUT these 3 novels, although interconnected, stand by themselves as truly and terrifyingly beautiful. Read in order or not ( but may help)
Station Eleven
The Glass House
Sea of Tranquility
Loved all three of these books!

I am currently reading Billionaire's Row (about Manhattan supertalls) which is much more fascinating than you'd think, and re-reading a lot of Steven Pinker. I would like the Thursday Murder Club guy (Richard Osman) to write a book every six months, though - that mix of cozy and mysterious is a great distraction!

I am currently reading Billionaire's Row (about Manhattan supertalls) which is much more fascinating than you'd think, and re-reading a lot of Steven Pinker. I would like the Thursday Murder Club guy (Richard Osman) to write a book every six months, though - that mix of cozy and mysterious is a great distraction!
My mom gave me Billionaires Row. I skimmed it to placate her, but now I’ll take a closer look. There was a cute anecdote about a young real estate agent who scraped together money for a tiny apt in one of the big buildings, and he built quite a business calling resident etc :smile:

I confess to really liking Ilona Andrews dystopian fantasy. . . There is a cute series called Sweep in Peace
Good airplane reading

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Let's get back to Good Times! How is everyone and is anyone reading anything great?

I just finished reading The Kingdoms of Savannah by George Dawes Green. I really enjoyed this mystery, lots of unexpected twists and turns, and it incorporates interesting historical info. The author is founder of The Moth (I love The Moth Radio Hour on NPR).

I just joined the Thursday murder club :cool:- just what I was looking for thank you for the recommendation. How many books in the series btw? I want to make sure I read them in order.

We want more eye candies, here are some, albeit not Hermes. @Mods, I hope it’s OK to put it here. Was looking at the Cartier thread but there’s no chat/ general thread.

I went to Cartier Islamic Inspiration exhibition in Abu Dhabi just before it closed. It exhibited also in Paris shortly after COVID but I was too late.

It was very educational. I learned a lot about how inspiration turns to sketches to actual jewelry. Not to mention the bling 🥵. It was an intense but well-executed exhibition: lots of details, knowledge and beauty.

The first picture is me trying to show off my Pasha watch, the old version, which is my daily watch.

72f9ee0b-b088-48cd-afaf-8d35cfc572fa.jpeg
91c5ba4a-2760-4fe1-8b5a-46944806c301.jpeg68661609-64c9-40dc-9d67-39eeb279d8d7.jpeg
86fded83-e951-4dcc-8c07-d7c4062ecb74.jpeg4531bc21-86ca-4552-bc99-8e214c7f69d2.jpegc3ef3cc8-d631-41d7-8d00-075f5114dd67.jpeg

Apparently they made jeweled clutch as well (bottom)

e6e264a8-9340-4649-80ca-6a886a082579.jpeg

Immersed myself in the Thursday Murder club- keeps me offline - I really don’t want to finish it. Thankfully there are more books in the series, but not nearly enough to compete with the avalanche on the Hermes lawsuit.
You tube, IG, here on TPF and even National papers are full of lawsuit. It was entertaining at first, but now Comments overload about Hermes ‘shady practices’ forcing those poor, rich people to buy, buy, buy…and buy some more.

We want more eye candies, here are some, albeit not Hermes. @Mods, I hope it’s OK to put it here. Was looking at the Cartier thread but there’s no chat/ general thread.

I went to Cartier Islamic Inspiration exhibition in Abu Dhabi just before it closed. It exhibited also in Paris shortly after COVID but I was too late.

It was very educational. I learned a lot about how inspiration turns to sketches to actual jewelry. Not to mention the bling 🥵. It was an intense but well-executed exhibition: lots of details, knowledge and beauty.

The first picture is me trying to show off my Pasha watch, the old version, which is my daily watch.

View attachment 5973473
View attachment 5973474View attachment 5973475
View attachment 5973476View attachment 5973477View attachment 5973478

Apparently they made jeweled clutch as well (bottom)

View attachment 5973479
The jewels are nice but I love your outfit more! So chic and cool

It was entertaining at first, but now Comments overload about Hermes ‘shady practices’ forcing those poor, rich people to buy, buy, buy…and buy some more.

It’s really sad to hear. For so many reasons. One is the disdain that so many people have for everything else Hermes makes or in some people’s word “crap”. It’s actually quite insulting to people who actually love those things for itself.

Last edited: