Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

I was thinking today … how likely is it that someone has walked into a boutique as a tourist, bought many many items in one spree, secured a bag based on those items and then came back the next day/later to return a substantial portion of the non-bag items…

It would be a bit of a dirty trick but I would also be in awe of the sheer audacity.
This is why Hermes does not allow returns for money back, only store credit, in most countries (all those except where prohibited by law).

I was thinking today … how likely is it that someone has walked into a boutique as a tourist, bought many many items in one spree, secured a bag based on those items and then came back the next day/later to return a substantial portion of the non-bag items…

It would be a bit of a dirty trick but I would also be in awe of the sheer audacity.
There was a celebrity in Asia that did just that. She sent her assistant to return the goods and got a call from the SM that if she wanted to return she had to return the bag too. Then she got blacklisted.

Last edited:
There was a celebrity in Asia that did just that. She sent her assistant to return the goods and got a call from the SM that if she wanted to return she had to return the bag too. Then she got blacklisted.
That’s a crazy story. Quite funny actually. It was very well deserved that she got blacklisted! Never thought a celebrity would do such a thing… do you know which celebrity it was?

I don’t know. It was on a variety show and they kept the identity a secret. But apparently it’s someone whose internationally famous.
The fact that they're internationally famous is even more insane. They have a personal assistant doing stuff for them and can't afford to pre-spend for a bag... they're being cheap in the wrong places in that case. Do you know what show it was and episode? I would love to watch it lol

Reactions: addiCCted
The fact that they're internationally famous is even more insane. They have a personal assistant doing stuff for them and can't afford to pre-spend for a bag... they're being cheap in the wrong places in that case. Do you know what show it was and episode? I would love to watch it lol
I know right, so cheap. But many rich people are super cheap …and not very classy. So not surprised.

I don’t remember which episode but this is the series. Just keep on searching their Hermes episodes. Lots of eye candy and stories

Let's get back to Good Times! How is everyone and is anyone reading anything great?
How NOT to age by Dr Michael Greger. it's a fun read and super well researched. Before that, I read the Enola Holmes series- they are supposed to be for kids, but I really enjoyed them LOL. Any other suggestions gratefully received... I am always looking for something good to read or listen to.

Let's get back to Good Times! How is everyone and is anyone reading anything great?
I'm currently reading "Five love affairs and a friendship' about Nancy Cunard's life in Paris.
I've always been facinated by her ( and similar iconic women of her era, MarchesaCasati, Josephine Baker, Colette etc) and I'm finding this book enjoyable because it gives an insight into her life in segments based around her relationships at that time.
Prior to this I read a beautiful book ' The Elegance of the Hedgehog' by Muriel Barbery' It was a book that really touched me.
I believe its been made into movie though I've yet to see the film (which I think is in French).
I love reading and go through phases of reading specific genres.

I'm currently reading "Five love affairs and a friendship' about Nancy Cunard's life in Paris.
I've always been facinated by her ( and similar iconic women of her era, MarchesaCasati, Josephine Baker, Colette etc) and I'm finding this book enjoyable because it gives an insight into her life in segments based around her relationships at that time.
Prior to this I read a beautiful book ' The Elegance of the Hedgehog' by Muriel Barbery' It was a book that really touched me.
I believe its been made into movie though I've yet to see the film (which I think is in French).
I love reading and go through phases of reading specific genres.
Thanks for the rec! Just downloaded The Elegance of the Hedgehog!

Has anyone read Remarkably Bright Creatures? I enjoyed that one.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags