Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Has anyone read Counterfeit by Kirstin Chen? It's a book from Reese's Book Club. It is a story all about the luxury handbag market and had some twists I was not expecting. I would love to know if any other TPF members read the book and what they thought about it.
Read it last month. Loved it!!! I love how the story changes direction at the end. Great commentary.

Reactions: lcd_purse_girl
Quick question here for the Hermes & handbag aficionado . Do you have any books to recommend (as in light reading for holidays etc) ? I ve been reading ‘counterfeit’ by Kristin Chen which someone here previously suggested (thank you!) and looking for a couple more to take with me on a summer trip to read and relax.

Quick question here for the Hermes & handbag aficionado . Do you have any books to recommend (as in light reading for holidays etc) ? I ve been reading ‘counterfeit’ by Kristin Chen which someone here previously suggested (thank you!) and looking for a couple more to take with me on a summer trip to read and relax.
Did you like Counterfeit? Recommend it?

Did you like Counterfeit? Recommend it?
Has anyone read Counterfeit by Kirstin Chen? It's a book from Reese's Book Club. It is a story all about the luxury handbag market and had some twists I was not expecting. I would love to know if any other TPF members read the book and what they thought about it.
Thank you yes brilliant recommendations! Great read with some very very interesting insights! Towards the end I could not put it down!!!!
I would be grateful, for more suggestions for a fun, easy, holidays, hands baggy, fashion-ny reads
(Btw I accidentally posted in the chat thread but I see the mods moved this here much better! Thank you)
My own book recommendation is to check https://www.featherfactor.com/ Kat tne author is a member here and has two very nice books that you may enjoy. ‘Impostor Syndrome’ and ‘Trust fund. ‘

@papertiger I thought this may be a more appropriate place to ask you for etiquette book recommendations. Love the vintage ones from the 1930’s ! It would be interesting to know these things even if not many people follow them any more. Thank you!!!!

@papertiger I thought this may be a more appropriate place to ask you for etiquette book recommendations. Love the vintage ones from the 1930’s ! It would be interesting to know these things even if not many people follow them any more. Thank you!!!!

Im not sure about the one I had because it was original and leather bound. The leather was disintegrating beyond saving and the dye from the leather went everywhere. It was defiantly British (there were/are differences in etiquette different sides of the Atlantic).I was so interesting. Especially how to deal with the staff depending on who they were, and the whole 'Going calling in the Modern era'.

I'm sure any of the period will offer similar advice. The older (19C) will offer different advice, including how long to wear weeds (black mourning) for men/women, half mourning, who to war mounting for etc. By the '30s although some older men and women followed the old rules, young widows and widowers followed 'a respectful' amount of time and used a black arm band (which used to be reserved for men only.

Mrs. Beaton's... is also quite good, and I think that's still on sale.

Reactions: addiCCted
Im not sure about the one I had because it was original and leather bound. The leather was disintegrating beyond saving and the dye from the leather went everywhere. It was defiantly British (there were/are differences in etiquette different sides of the Atlantic).I was so interesting. Especially how to deal with the staff depending on who they were, and the whole 'Going calling in the Modern era'.

I'm sure any of the period will offer similar advice. The older (19C) will offer different advice, including how long to wear weeds (black mourning) for men/women, half mourning, who to war mounting for etc. By the '30s although some older men and women followed the old rules, young widows and widowers followed 'a respectful' amount of time and used a black arm band (which used to be reserved for men only.

Mrs. Beaton's... is also quite good, and I think that's still on sale.
I could not find mrs B book on ladies fashion - only her household management and very pleased I wasn’t a maid in her household back then (LOL) I did however found a 1930’s book called Charm: better than beauty. By H Valentine. Good fun and an easy read.