Help with peeling Chanel caviar leather

Did you also feel angry about it at first? Or did you just stop caring?

I’m torn on whether to keep it or not. Having it as a don’t care-workhorse seems tempting but right now the disappointment is quite overwhelming.
I was very frustrated at first but the Boy is a very flexible bag in the sense that you can wear it with almost anything... so I was able to move on from the disappointment and frustration. I love my Boy even though it’s not perfect!

Reactions: XCCX
Did you also feel angry about it at first? Or did you just stop caring?

I’m torn on whether to keep it or not. Having it as a don’t care-workhorse seems tempting but right now the disappointment is quite overwhelming.
It reminds me of my cartier love bracelet, it had a noticeable scratch only days after wearing it even though I was being careful. At first I was pretty upset, but then I got over it and just wear it carefree as it accumulates more dings and scratches, and to be honest I feel the relief of not having to baby it at all.

That's encouraging to read. Achieving a peace of mind while using it seems more desirable than selling it for a loss. So my goal is to firstly cool off and then decide on what to do. I'll give it a week to settle and then try to decide on what to do.
Yes, give it some time and think it over. Then use it for casual days and see if you’ll fall in love with your Boy again. It’s nice to have a Chanel bag you can use on days you just want to be care free about anything!

Looks like standard wear on boy corner, will happen regardless of how carefully you look after the bag. Whatever you decide it's not worth getting too wound up over. Good luck

• Love
Reactions: 880
As soon as I find slightly obvious wear and tear on my bags, they’d become my don’t give a damn bags, and I actually get more use out of them and get to enjoy them more. :smile:

I love this. I need to stick it on my mirror or somwhere where I can see it every day. I need to stop overthinking and enjoy my bags more lol

OP: good luck in your decision :hugs:

• Love
Reactions: 880 and mrsblue
I‘ll keep it.

I really thought about selling it but I always ended up feeling that it will leave a hole in my collection. I‘ve come around the peeling strap, it‘s just on the edge anyway. Still disappointing but oh well, I just love it too much.

Thanks a lot for your time and your kind words!

Considering that it is still pretty new if I remember correctly...it might be worth taking it in to your SA to see what they say about it.

I‘ll keep it.

I really thought about selling it but I always ended up feeling that it will leave a hole in my collection. I‘ve come around the peeling strap, it‘s just on the edge anyway. Still disappointing but oh well, I just love it too much.

Yay! Glad you’ve decided to keep it! Wear it in good health.

Reactions: Kuschelnudde
I‘ll keep it.

Yay! It will probably end up as your most used Chanel bag because you’ll be a little more care free with it! Sending love to your Boy!

Considering that it is still pretty new if I remember correctly...it might be worth taking it in to your SA to see what they say about it.

It is around 9 months old so fairly new-ish but I’ve also used it quite often. I considered it but if they gave me a new one it would sooner or later develop the same wear and tear. I could use the credit for something else but there really isn’t anything else on my list. Might as well get it over with now and save myself the headache ;)

• Love
Reactions: 880 and mrsblue