Help with peeling Chanel caviar leather

It is around 9 months old so fairly new-ish but I’ve also used it quite often. I considered it but if they gave me a new one it would sooner or later develop the same wear and tear. I could use the credit for something else but there really isn’t anything else on my list. Might as well get it over with now and save myself the headache ;)

I was thinking they might offer a courtesy repair as long as you don’t mind parting with it for a short while.

This looks like mine and mine is about a year old. It bothered me at first but not anymore. I found that putting Cadillac leather lotion on these areas help a lot and make mine look as good as new. :smile:

I was thinking they might offer a courtesy repair as long as you don’t mind parting with it for a short while.

Once I‘ll stop by the boutique to see the new collection etc I will ask about it :smile:

This looks like mine and mine is about a year old. It bothered me at first but not anymore. I found that putting Cadillac leather lotion on these areas help a lot and make mine look as good as new. :smile:

Good advice! I put some Saphir Renovateur on it and to be honest it‘s not that noticeable. It seems to be a common wear and tear issue with the boy and tbh I wasn’t really aware of it.

So the main takeaway seems to be that caviar leather of the Boy is prone to peeling on high stress areas like the corners of the bag an the edges of the strap. So for future readers... as much as it sucks it seems to be normal, don’t worry ;)

• Love
Reactions: 880 and mochiblure
Hi everyone,
I just received my 20B chevron Medium in Caviar today, and I'm so disappointed. It came brand new with tears and peeling of the leather on the flap. Is anyone else having this issue? I reached out to my SA and she told me she shipped it directly to me after getting it from Chanel and examining the bag. She didn't look close enough because I picked the item up and opened it right away and noticed the leather looks "old". And upon closer look, the whole bottom part of the flap looks worn and raw. It's hard to notice if you look at it as a whole. Please see attached photos. I am returning but I want to know if this is normal for 20B caviar items. I don't want to exchange for another one and have the same issue. Thanks In advance!

8BBB2DFA-6F77-4818-8A8C-966123993007.jpeg

0514BA21-162A-4677-8F77-BF947C0A805C.jpg

AC2ABE71-48C8-4686-8EFB-0E58EC0A1E6C.jpg

6B692DBB-86BB-4E1F-871D-15CFE3D1C8C9.jpg

5219941B-90ED-4008-B4B4-1319C820A8EF.jpg

81930F0D-8AF5-4981-B99A-C6ABD78D412D.jpg

Wow that’s really bad. Sorry I don’t have a 20B but I just wanted to support your decision to return. And the whole bag looks dry. I would return right away.
I thought the same! It didn't have that "brand new" feel to it. Maybe it's just this season's caviar? Either way I'm so sad since I have been wanting a chevron for some time. To pay over 7k after tax and this is what I get. I even asked her if this was a return from another client since it looks worst than some of my preloved items. :annoyed:

Wow. That is actually BAD! Can’t believe how bad it is. Shocking really. Hopefully someone who’s had experience with 20b caviar can chime in with their thoughts. Wonder if this means the leather on classic flaps are also subpar... hoping to get a black classic flap in caviar. Hmm

Reactions: FashionForwardChick
Update.

Yesterday I felt a sudden burst of ‘give it a try, nothing to lose’(is that even a feeling) and my SA actually took it in without any problems and it is covered by their warranty (Germany). She said they’ll take about 8 weeks and they might be unable to fix it but them taking it in is a good sign I guess.

Pretty happy so far. Expect nothing and you might be surprised. I’ll keep you updated!

Update.

Yesterday I felt a sudden burst of ‘give it a try, nothing to lose’(is that even a feeling) and my SA actually took it in without any problems and it is covered by their warranty (Germany). She said they’ll take about 8 weeks and they might be unable to fix it but them taking it in is a good sign I guess.

Pretty happy so far. Expect nothing and you might be surprised. I’ll keep you updated!
Amazing! Keep us updated.