Help with peeling Chanel caviar leather

Oh no! I sure hope it doesn't get any worse. It's very tiny now and doesn't look too bad but I'm concerned that it could get even worse in time :sad: I don't own one so can't give you any advice on it though. I'm really sorry this happened after only 4 times using it . It's a beautiful bag .In fact it's my dream bag .
That’s true. I bought it in today and they’re goin to send it into Chanel repair to see what they can do....it’s a beautiful bag though. Hope u get to get one soon!

I just purchased a brand new medium classic double flap couple of days ago from Chanel boutique, everything looks fine except for this one corner where the leather is peeled. I felt disappointed as Classic medium inventory has been very low and sold out in the whole country. Could you ladies please advise if this is unacceptable or negligible? Im worried if the leather peel will become worse in the future :sad:

EE9D2022-124B-438D-9556-534FB5429918.jpeg DC7716B9-E750-46B5-B238-7C92C20C2CA6.jpeg

I just purchased a brand new medium classic double flap couple of days ago from Chanel boutique, everything looks fine except for this one corner where the leather is peeled. I felt disappointed as Classic medium inventory has been very low and sold out in the whole country. Could you ladies please advise if this is unacceptable or negligible? Im worried if the leather peel will become worse in the future :sad:

View attachment 4218123 View attachment 4218124
I would exchange it for another one. When I bought my medium CF, I looked at 8 of them and they all had something wrong with them. For this amount of money, it should be near perfect when you get it.

Aww, I had nothing to compare at all, the boutique only had two of these med one when I purchase it and the other one was sold when I got there, looks like I need to make a trip to the boutique, sigh! You are right, for such a big amount of money, it has to be near perfect.

I would exchange it for another one. When I bought my medium CF, I looked at 8 of them and they all had something wrong with them. For this amount of money, it should be near perfect when you get it.

Aww, I had nothing to compare at all, the boutique only had two of these med one when I purchase it and the other one was sold when I got there, looks like I need to make a trip to the boutique, sigh! You are right, for such a big amount of money, it has to be near perfect.
Yes make sure it’s perfect! I brought mine in to the boutique and they sent it for repair...

Yes make sure it’s perfect! I brought mine in to the boutique and they sent it for repair...
@purple.belle I would wait until you get the 'near perfect' one. The only downside is they may increase prices before you get a hold of one. If you are in the US, they should have regular deliveries. Where are you based?
@vivaciousbev1 I swear quality control does not exist at Chanel! For a new out of the box bag, it should be perfect and not have to be sent in for repairs.

I’m based in Australia. It’s currently soldout nationwide. We do not have such a regular deliveries over here, its about a couple of months we get the Classic in. Am also worry about the increase of price and also the length of time to wait for the next one as unless they can tell me exactly when they will get the next delivery and hold for me.

@purple.belle I would wait until you get the 'near perfect' one. The only downside is they may increase prices before you get a hold of one. If you are in the US, they should have regular deliveries. Where are you based?
@vivaciousbev1 I swear quality control does not exist at Chanel! For a new out of the box bag, it should be perfect and not have to be sent in for repairs.

I’m based in Australia. It’s currently soldout nationwide. We do not have such a regular deliveries over here, its about a couple of months we get the Classic in. Am also worry about the increase of price and also the length of time to wait for the next one as unless they can tell me exactly when they will get the next delivery and hold for me.
It might also be dry. Try some Cadillac leather conditioner on if

Update: got my bag back from NM after they sent it in for repairs and it looks exactly the same... :shocked: I don’t know what to do at this point!!

Attachments

• 06B6B2D5-B404-4075-B878-958B35EE5C2C.jpeg
    06B6B2D5-B404-4075-B878-958B35EE5C2C.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 363
Updates:

I have exchanged for a new classic medium. Unfortunately since its handmade its impossible to find a flawless handbag and I have chosen the new one over the previous one I had (which is leather chipped off at corner). The new one I had has minor flaws as well. Do you girls think this is a better choice than the first one I had purchased? The exchanged one has thicker caviar more grains and less shiny, made in Italy. The previous ones has leather peel was made in France, much softer shinier leather and also lighter by 96g. What do you girls think?

(First three pictures are exchanged mew handbag while the last pic shows the previous ones I had with the leather peel flaw)

0FA1CB45-AA68-4B4F-83C7-38BDCFE3DD91.jpeg
5F9A9C5C-801D-465C-889A-D606130F645F.jpeg 88AE477D-970D-4BB0-B68F-E788CDB95F50.jpeg
57AFFFF0-9A43-4CA8-8B87-640BF827987E.jpeg
17752951-384E-4553-B08E-1FFD1F297890.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I am seeking for some advice from all of you guys. I bought my medium classic flap last month, and I checked the bag after inboxing it. Maybe I was too excited when I got the bag. I didn’t check careful enough.
Last night I took it out and found a part of the caviar leather is peeling/broken.
Is this acceptable or normal ?
Because I haven’t used the bag yet. Not even once. Is it a defect?
Since it has been over one month, if I take it back to Chanel boutique, will they still exchange for me ?

Actually this is not the FIRST quality issue I have been experienced. Sometimes I wonder if I am the unlucky one all the time, or Chanel’s handbag got problems all the time.

I need you guys’ thought and advices.

IMG_7810.jpg

IMG_7813.jpg

I would take it back and explain in a very nice way this is unacceptable and to please credit your account or find a replacement. If it were me I would find this TOTALLY unacceptable.

I would go back to the store and exchange for another one. These days the buying experience at Chanel involves you to look over the bag in its entirety for any flaws, flap misalignments, loose stitching, etc.