Has anyone purchased a bag from Bag Borrow or Steal?

Hi, I was a member there for a while and thought about purchasing a Kooba Chiara that I had borrowed. The quoted me something like $320 +- which I thought was rather high for the general condition of the bag. I declined, as I found one in PERFECT condition on eBay that I snagged for around $100.

I've browsed around their outlet and wondered if the bags were in good condition or just beaten completely up. Glad to hear you all have had pretty good experiences!

Thanks, ladies! All of the pictures look great in the outlet section, so it looks like they take the pictures when they first acquire the purse. "Gently used" is a huge range.

Did they include the dust bag too?

What's that saying? A fly in the soup? A bee in the honey? A BUMMER...? but I had the WORST experience EVER with these people. I signed up intentionally last year just so I could snag a beautiful VHTF Fiore Audra in a powder blue. It was GORGEOUS! Their version arrived......badly redyed - looking worse than any bag I'd donate to the Salvation Army with LIQUID PAPER stains all over the outside.
I almost made a claim to the BBB - but they gave me my money back plus the cost of membership.
What a horror. NEVER AGAIN. Sorry...:Push:

What's that saying? A fly in the soup? A bee in the honey? A BUMMER...? but I had the WORST experience EVER with these people. I signed up intentionally last year just so I could snag a beautiful VHTF Fiore Audra in a powder blue. It was GORGEOUS! Their version arrived......badly redyed - looking worse than any bag I'd donate to the Salvation Army with LIQUID PAPER stains all over the outside.
I almost made a claim to the BBB - but they gave me my money back plus the cost of membership.
What a horror. NEVER AGAIN. Sorry...:Push:

Sorry you had such a bad experience! My Chanel bag looked hardly used and came with dust bag and all!

I guess everyone has different experiences...:supacool:

I just had a GREAT experience with them. I was trying to make a second-time purchase with them and the bag I wanted said sold out. I noticed that every 24 hours they update the site to remove sold bags and this one wasn't coming off. I called and they said it showed in their inventory and it was there. Then they said they couldn't locate it and it must have been sold. I thanked them and hung up. Not 5 minutes later the rep called me at home to say it was indeed available and did I want it! Not to mention the price was $295.00 for a PRADA bag! Of course, unless I had brain damage I wouldn't but it. I did, and it will be my daughter's graduation gift! Great company.

I know you have the option to "steal" some of the bags... can you do this if you haven't rented them or do you have to rent for a period of time? I'm not totally sure how that works and there isn't a clear explanation on their site. Thanks.

Yea, I think that the "steal" refers to the fact that they are selling either new or used bags at under MSRP price. If you sign in you can take a look at the outlet page which has all the bags listed. Hope this helps! =)

Yea, I think that the "steal" refers to the fact that they are selling either new or used bags at under MSRP price. If you sign in you can take a look at the outlet page which has all the bags listed. Hope this helps! =)

BBOS has an outlet section which has nothing to do with their "steal" slogan. If you read through their site, it states that while you are renting a bag, if you like it, you can "steal" it from them....you call and they give you a price.

That has nothing to do with outlet sales. Some items in the outlet are brand new while others are used.

Did any one ever buy any bags from bag borrow or steal? they have some good used bags, but I read some horror stories about them on the web where people said that they bought something once and they kept being charged randomly without their consent. I wonder if these stories are rare and what other people think about the company.Or if anyone has bought anything and had a good experience?

Ideally I would like to buy something from the outlet,but not pay a monthly membership.

Hi aimtree

I have never bought anything from them and probably never will, as i have heard that the condition of the bags is sometimes questionable. We have heard some stories of tPFers receiving bags that are described as being in "good" or "gently used" condition, only to receive bags that are quite trashed!

Hopefully, you'll get some more hits in this thread, but I think the fact that most stories to do with bag, borrow, steal are bad ones is a bad sign...